This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Folk Tale
Cpl. Kaos May 3, 2013 @ 1:38am
A couple of questions/ideas
Hello, I have been following Folk Tale for a while, it seems like a game i would be interested in (i love strategy and settlement building games), i have watched your most recent video (gameplay walkthrough) and would like to ask a couple questions.

I noticed that part way through you talked about loot items (adding a gladiator helmet to a knight along with a ring and sword) and wonder do you plan to add graphical representations of these items into the game at some point? (so instead of the norm knight helm he/she would be wearing the gladiator helmet?), i would also like to know if it is possible to customise your soldiers, i saw that the militia are armed with voluges and wear kettle helms and padded armour, will it be possible to mix and match equipment of your troops (so some militia troops with short sword and wooden shield, others with polearms and some with bow and arrow, to make it fair i imagine that certain weapons be limited to certain classes (knights having access to longswords and metal shields and 2 handed weapons, while militia have access to shortswords, hand axes and polearms along with basic armour and shields)

that is all i want to know at this point, i will be buying once you reach early access, these ideas would be the small details that would turn this game from great to fantastic for me.

Thankyou for taking the time to read this.

- Cpl. Kaos
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Games Foundry  [developer] May 16, 2013 @ 7:15am 
Hi Cpl. Kaos. Firstly, my apologies in taking this long to reply. Things are just crazy this month getting ready for launch and for some reason your post didn't appear in my notifications list.

Originally we started out modelling loot objects. But commercial reality kicked in, and given our small team size it was unrealistic to be able to model every loot object in 3D, so we made the decision to go with icon representations instead. We are however considering having the characters weapons and perhaps helmets change based on inventory - they are currently props pinned to the characters skeleton so are already swappable by us.

One of the tasks following launch is to sit down and look at our full range of options for customizing characters. Being pseudo-RTS, players need to be able to quickly identify unit types by eye, and if full customization of clothing is allowed, this would become quite difficult. Hence the compromise of just weapons and helmets being considered. Maybe you might consider starting a thread about this subject over on the official forum at forum.gamesfoundry.com? We'd love to hear other opinions on the matter.
Last edited by Games Foundry; May 16, 2013 @ 7:16am
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 15 30 50