This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Dungeon Dashers
JigxorAndy  [developer] May 9, 2013 @ 3:32am
What would you like to see in Dungeon Dashers?
Lots of people have been asking for various features in the final version of Dungeon Dashers, and I'd like to make the game as interesting as possible to as many people as possible. For example, after feedback from the community I implemented a Level Editor so that players can develop their own campaigns.

What would you like to see in Dungeon Dashers?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Jerry May 9, 2013 @ 6:53pm 
When your characters lvl up, will you be able to allocate stat or skillpoints like in Diablo II ?

I've been thinking for 5min but I really CAN'T think of anything I would want to see added as I think it's much more important that the design is well thought out instead of 'Design by comitte' (See Stardocks Elemental: War of Magic for an example of that).
JigxorAndy  [developer] May 9, 2013 @ 7:06pm 
Thanks for the suggestion. You're right about design by committee being difficult, but I just thought I'd see if there are any really outstanding ideas that people would like to see that I might not have thought of.

For levelling up stats, I don't have that planned at the moment, but I'm planning that you'll be able to upgrade your weapons or skills to do extra damage or have extra effects. This might be part of crafting mechanics.
Matt Stiles May 14, 2013 @ 3:58pm 
Since there isn’t much activity in this thread I decided to help a little out and write down a couple of my thoughts.

Note: I haven’t played it and all my thought are from screenshot and LPs.

I’m really looking forward to this game mainly because it’s a tactical coop game.
I’m hoping it’s quite challenging, with a steep learning curve while being so satisfying that you always want to play the next chapter. I hope it has a lot to offer in terms of battles, story, riddles, and evolving and customizing your character. You don’t need an epic 3D engine, but really detailed sprites are what make this. The combat system, definitely the most important part looks from what I have seen quite entertaining. The animation is self could be a little more action packed and fluently. A walking animation would help too. The dungeon itself could need a little more love in terms of details (layout, lightning, details like mushrooms, rotten corpses, wardrobe, gambling tables, merchants, etc. You get the idea.) It wouldn’t hurt if the rooms themself would have real purposes like armory, dining hall, staffroom, etc. All to create a more authentic and immersing feeling. Storytelling helps on this part a lot. A goof variety of enemies is always good. I like the classic set of heroes. I would love detailed Character sheets with nice artworks and a good backstory and how they all connect. In this case, a bad written story is worse than no story at all. The Monster could have some cool taunts, or you could surprise them arguing or even fighting with each other. Idling animations for all character would be nice (heavy breathing, bouncing from feet to feet something like that. They could lose blood leaving trails of blood and walking through these trails leave bloody footprints. Sound effects need to be satisfying you should literally hear the mighty power of your fireballs explosions or your sword cutting through the flesh of your enemy.

If you want I can go more into details on my thoughts.
I hope my comment is useful to you.

Keep it up!
JigxorAndy  [developer] May 14, 2013 @ 7:50pm 
Thanks for the ideas Matt! I'd really like to incorporate some of those features you mentioned, though as you can imagine, some ideas take a bit more budget than others.

I think it would be really cool if some levels told a story such as having what looks like a dining hall or an armoury. I had those kind of ideas in mind when I started developing the game as well, it's just a matter of what art assets are available and what we can afford.

I'll take a look into making the attacks more epic and exciting as well as the other points you mentioned.

I'd be happy to hear about anything else that comes to mind as well :)
souleman09 May 15, 2013 @ 8:47pm 
I love the idea and play of this game! For many years I thought it be awesome to incorporate this into a fun coop pc game and well here it is!
So I smashed and slashed my way through all the levels with fairly little ease. I have some small and perhaps large improvements that I think would truly make this game epic!

First off most traditional dungeon crawl bored games use some sort of dice to decided combat or a skill use. Perhaps you could add this in? I’m not sure how the current combat system works if it’s a roll or just set damage? More or less it would be very nice to see dice roll on the screen and display the amount of damage or so. This may slow the process of combat down but I think that would be a good thing. This is a tactical game where you must choose your actions wisely. Overall I think this would add to the feel of it being more like a board game!

Secondly it would be very sweet to have some sort of basic action bar. For a turn say instead of attacking say you can click on an icon like in or next to the skill menu that would allow you to guard for one combat round and thus increasing your defense or doge rate. Or chose one to lower the cost to attack but for the next round you suffer defense penalties. Have one skill double your movement but makes it so you can’t attack. I think all of this and maybe more would be fairly easy with what you have now in the game but make the game more tactical.

Third I would love to see some more verity of monsters alike to kill. If that is a little too much or already have that planed perhaps what would be very cool is to have an elite or champion version of the different enemies…with added health attack movement. Then to top that off have a boss version of all the enemies perhaps with a few special skills like the dragon. Maybe just alter the appearance a bit or give it a menacing glow of some sort I think this would add so much to the game and defiantly give it some more roll playing value. I’m making a map now but having the lack of a verity of named or harder creatures makes it a bit difficult for ideas. But for what I have to work with the heroes start in the forest on the outside of grave yard and have heard word there is a linch king deep in the crypts. So they must fight their way through a skeleton horde to the Linch king who is surrounded by a small army of skeletons.

Well for now I think this is enough to digest!
JigxorAndy  [developer] May 15, 2013 @ 9:14pm 
Hi souleman09, thanks for the cool ideas and I'm glad you're enjoying the game so far!

For the idea about dice, that's a cool idea and I can definitely see how it would make attacks more epic if there was some visual chance indicator, but as you mentioned I think it would slow down gameplay far too much. The main idea of Dungeon Dashers is that it's fast-paced, so I always look for ways to speed up the core mechanics of the game.

There is the "action bar" in the bottom left which lists your skills, but there aren't mouse controls at the moment. I'm intending to implement mouse controls which might make using those skills easier. There are some static skills such as increasing your damage resistance for the next 3 attacks (or 1 turn), etc. That's a skill that the knight has which will be available later.

As for monsters, I'd like to have some new types as well. The AI in some of them is quite similar. There will be elite versions of enemies for the hardcore difficulty mode that's available once you complete the game. I could look into mixing in some elite types for the normal levels as well. Perhaps a simple colour shift to red, or an epic glow like you mentioned.

It's cool to hear you're making maps as well! You should post them here when you're done so that other people can have a go.

Thanks again for the great comments!
Doctor Pingas May 24, 2013 @ 10:34am 
It sounds like the levels are going to be made and everything, I don't know if you're thinking about adding some kind of randomly-generated levels or something but that would be cool.

Oh, and player necromancy, because that's always awesome.
D_loaded Jun 16, 2013 @ 2:05pm 
I want it to be 3D, i hate 2D games why do people keep making them!?!?!?

The art for this game looks great but the graphichs in the game dont look equally as great? WHY??
bun Jul 13, 2013 @ 11:39pm 
Hi i am looking at buying yr game, still considering though.
i am actually hopping that it could have a mode that i could play with just one character.
and local coop is a must for a board game like fun on the couch.

Would want to just tag coop with my friend and explore dungeons together without having to control all 4 characters but 2 only.

If this is possible, its a confirm buy for me. The game looks awesome already though.

Secondly, if the game can allow someone to control the enemy ai for a board game style play in a single dungeon will be great!. This game will be epic!

Pls consider the suggestions thx
Last edited by bun; Jul 13, 2013 @ 11:42pm
JigxorAndy  [developer] Jul 14, 2013 @ 1:04am 
Hi bun,

In the singleplayer mode you need to control all four characters, however the levels are constructed in such a way that it's not a hassle to do so. There are multiple elements in the game which make controlling four characters easy, such as teleports to move all your players around.

I've designed the game with both singleplayer and multiplayer in mind, and I think that both experiences will be compelling.

Thank you for your suggestions.
blackstorm196 Jul 15, 2013 @ 1:30am 
SalientTopics Jul 19, 2013 @ 9:03am 
For multiplayer, not sure if this is planned, but I'd hope you get 4 characters regardless of number of players: so with 2 players, each person plays 2 characters, 3 players, 1 person plays 2 and the others play 1. It seems like you'd have to do this for puzzle design.

For roguelikes, I think one of the most important things is a wide variety of gear so that each playthrough is potentially VERY different and would require significant tactical decisions. I saw that you're ultimately planning 8 classes. I assume there will be class restrictions on dropped gear, so the important thing will be either a robust salvage system wherin you can recover SOMETHING from things you can't/don't want to use, or a loot table that varies depending on the characters. For 4 classes/playthrough, I think the salvage would be more fun (and make the crafting more compelling).

Alternatively, if there were a mode where you take all 8 characters, with 4 at a time on missions, I think you could do without the salvage. Say an awesome barbarian weapon drops. You haven't been using the barbarian, but now you can sub him in for someone else to use the Shillelagh of Godslaying.

Finally, another important thing is making the characters expend resources as they progress (to avoid hording) without making things completely insurmountable with good strategy. The balance line is the hardest one to walk and will require the most tweaking through development.

The underlying mechanics and concept seem very solid, however, so thumbs up for greenlighting!
Tsume Jul 19, 2013 @ 5:02pm 
I second the suggestion of a player being able to control the monsters. It would no doubt be cumbersome to implement, but it was the first thing I thought of when I first discovered this game.

I've been waiting for a game like this that has that board game feel to it, and you accelerated the speed of such a game quite well. If you somehow incorporated the Dungeon Master versus player aspect, that would likely be as close as I'd ever see to my imagined game. Accordingly, I throw my weight behind the suggestion.

You seem to be already interested in more tilesets and dungeon styles, that was another desire I had for this game.

Good work.
Hasbin Sep 26, 2013 @ 5:31pm 
Will the game support Steam Cloud?
Anonemesis Oct 2, 2013 @ 2:04pm 
Cooling Looking Gear...Inventory Interface...As Dungeon Crawlers Are About The Loot The Loot Should Look Good
Last edited by Anonemesis; Oct 2, 2013 @ 2:05pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 15 30 50