Ez a játék Zöld Utat kapott a közösségtől!

A közösség kimutatta érdeklődését e játék iránt. A Valve kapcsolatba lépett ezzel a fejlesztővel, hogy megkezdjék a Steames megjelenés irányába terelni a dolgokat.

Routine
Ceige 2012. szept. 26. @ de. 12:43
So, what happens when you die? / How (non)linear are things?
UPDATE:
OK, so what we do know is going to happen in Routine (which seems anything but ;-))
- Open world
- Randomisation of locations (?), Items, and thus perhaps even characters
- Nonlinear approach, meaning you probably won't do everything on your first "life" (this can perhaps be extended to mean that you don't *have* to do certain things each life either)
(mostly from Aaron's comments, interviews on the net etc - please lemme know if wrong!)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all. Excited for this game. But I was wondering, with the permadeath system involved, what happens when you die?

Might sound stupid, but assuming this game has a save system (or maybe it doesn't? That'd be interesting news), I'd assume it'd get deleted, and you'd have to start again, as you'd expect. Or something like that.

But what does that entail the player actually doing? Do they have to spend hours exploring all over again? Or can they quickly get back to places as they explore them and learn about shortcuts? Does the player's actions in previous "lives" affect anything in subsequent playthroughs? Or is there some sort of "metaprogress", like an achievements/notes/collectables/extras screen, where things done in playthroughs unlock information or allow you to replay cutscenes or reread notes on the main menu, until you've explored everything you can?

So in effect, I guess a good final question would be, "If I die in this game (alot), will I be replaying the same 10-20 minute sections all over again with no differences"?

----------------------------------

EDIT: I've got some more information to help answer bits of this from the links the devs put on the Greenlight page, the Shacknews article. In it, it states that items and locations (and protagonists?) will be randomised (sounds fun!).

So with that in mind, I guess I could rephrase things to, "how linear must I play this game? Can I do things completely out of order, die, and try things differently next time, piecing the story together as I continuously get reincarnated?" ;-)
Legutóbb szerkesztette: Ceige; 2012. szept. 30. @ de. 1:33
115/48 megjegyzés mutatása
< >
Speed Weed 2012. szept. 26. @ de. 4:41 
THIS!
Finally not a thread like "wull der b guns hurp durp"
You're actually talking sense, you know how to use cap letters, you know how to use the question and exclamation marks and other stuff like that.
I freaking love you man
Ceige 2012. szept. 26. @ de. 4:50 
SLAG Finnishguy101 | hi agen eredeti hozzászólása:
You're actually talking sense
Nah, you just got me on a good day when I had 10 hrs sleep ;-) (cheers though!)
Guts 2012. szept. 26. @ de. 7:13 
Hm... I'd be interesting to see this game come out. I've been following it for quite some time now. I think the best way to implement a Perma-death system would be to have the player die, and start from the begining again, or as another survivor. Similar in the way DayZ handles the Perma-death. I'd be a lot of fun to play that way.
Ceige 2012. szept. 27. @ de. 12:30 
I assume the way DayZ handles things is that you're free to do what you want after you "respawn"? (although I've heard rushing to get an axe in some sort of shed or barn seems to be a priority ;-))
[MM] WMan22 2012. szept. 27. @ de. 7:21 
Oh please for the love of god don't make it like dayz where you gather resources for 30 minutes all for it to be for nothing because someone shoots you, or in this case, a monster kills you.
Ceige 2012. szept. 27. @ de. 7:44 
That's partially why I started this discussion, to find out how much of a penalty for death there is in the game, and to perhaps give devs feedback as a result perhaps. There's a lot of potential for this game, but naturally, a lot of unknowns too ;-)
HighBloodSugar #Geeboos 2012. szept. 27. @ de. 8:27 
I really like the Idea of playing as another character when you die. I read that ZombiU is doing that too and I think it would give some nice opportunities for alternate endings. That would be kinda nice :)
Piorn 2012. szept. 28. @ de. 7:13 
I'd like to see something like in Binding of Isaac. Imagine, doing specific things would unlock certain events to trigger at later sessions, or more characters or areas get unlocked.
It would enhance replayability and make sure there is always something new to discover.
Speed Weed 2012. szept. 28. @ de. 11:14 
Piorn Cruz eredeti hozzászólása:
I'd like to see something like in Binding of Isaac. Imagine, doing specific things would unlock certain events to trigger at later sessions, or more characters or areas get unlocked.
It would enhance replayability and make sure there is always something new to discover.
That sounds like a good idea.
Aaron Foster  [Fejlesztő] 2012. szept. 28. @ du. 3:37 
It's hard to answer this at this stage! it's something we can only truly test when we have more of the game complete, but our plan is to make sure that the player really does feel that there will be a significant loss if he dies but also creating enough content for the player to experience something a bit different in the next playthrough. Its a hard balance and something we will experiment with until release.

But honestly! thanks for the discussions its greatly appreciated! :D
SAMBANA 2012. szept. 28. @ du. 8:34 
i thought this game was just a ordinary shooter anyway. this is an indie game after all
Moodic 2012. szept. 28. @ du. 10:33 
@ Sambana You do realize that minecraft is an indie game, and it got over 5 million buys?

Thats enough proof to show you that indie does not mean bad
Ceige 2012. szept. 29. @ de. 1:17 
Aaron Foster eredeti hozzászólása:
It's hard to answer this at this stage! it's something we can only truly test when we have more of the game complete, but our plan is to make sure that the player really does feel that there will be a significant loss if he dies but also creating enough content for the player to experience something a bit different in the next playthrough. Its a hard balance and something we will experiment with until release.

But honestly! thanks for the discussions its greatly appreciated! :D

Thanks for the reply Aaron!

I imagine it must be hard work trying to get the balance! I guess a good way would be to think about it would be that each playthrough should have its own, irreplaceable value, and so when you die again it's not about trying to get the last playthrough back again, but the game makes it so you must experience something just as invaluable and unique, perhaps? So that the player feels loss, but then also feels the tug of a new experience shortly after?

Keep up the good work and thanks for coming down here to the discussion to help clarify things! Good luck too!
DoctorEss 2012. szept. 29. @ du. 11:43 
Piorn Cruz eredeti hozzászólása:

Except no one should try to emulate that game. It's awful.

Though, here I thought we moved past such antiquated systems as "Thanks for putting 14 hours into the game. You died. Do it all over again."
Ceige 2012. szept. 30. @ de. 1:02 
DoctorEss eredeti hozzászólása:
Except no one should try to emulate that game. It's awful.

Though, here I thought we moved past such antiquated systems as "Thanks for putting 14 hours into the game. You died. Do it all over again."

Well, that's what this discussion is here for I guess.
For example, rather than it being "put 14 hours in and start again", it can be "put 14 hours into one unique playthrough, and then put another 14 into a completely different playthrough with different things happening".

I believe that's the intention anyway, if not, well, I guess this feedback will help the devs then!

(For what it's worth though, I wouldn't call Binding of Isaac a very good example either, given how simplistic it is ;-))
115/48 megjegyzés mutatása
< >
Laponként: 15 30 50