This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Routine
3PYK [Axept] Feb 13, 2013 @ 8:21pm
Perma-Death system. Why the Rage?
So i'm seeing a bunch of rage about the perma-death on some other discussions and thought i'd address it. Although it does suck to die and lose hours of work, we've all been though that with TES Oblivion, the perma-death is part of the whole feel of the game. It adds to the almost new age retro feel of it. I personally can't wait to get this game and be frusturated over and over and over again trying to play it.
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
Endeavour May 3, 2013 @ 8:03am 
Perma-death... Copy your save. Paste it when required. Beat Perma-death. Ragers will kill their pleasure to play. Will remind those threads.
FlyingFish May 12 @ 5:32pm 
I like perma- death, its more realistic. In real life you cant quick save. When your dead, your dead
JonnyƦedHed May 15 @ 2:21pm 
^ I agree.
A no0b Cookie May 17 @ 6:42pm 
devs said you can't manually save,the game will save automatically for you,maybe you can cheat just pressing the start button and leaving before dying,or maybe there will be and icon after saving warning you to leave or continuing to play until you'll reach another save point,but that'll be frustrating,I can't imagine how it will work
Nert May 20 @ 6:49pm 
If you want realistic, how about perma-death that then results in the game uninstalling so you can't ever play it again. :)
theREALsquidman May 25 @ 5:55am 
How about when you die, the game uninstalls and your computer explodes. Then you can't ever play any of your games again.
King May 25 @ 8:57am 
Why did you write rage with a capital r? Do you mean the game Rage?
[RAW] Miami_BaT May 25 @ 11:15am 
Agrreeee!!!!!!
The Solipsist Aug 16 @ 6:52am 
Permadeath adds to the experience by generating a suspense, since your decisions carry fatal weight. A survival horror is sort of a simulation where you get to experience the fear of losing all you've strived for if you fail – at least within the game session you've been playing.
omally72 Sep 16 @ 8:19am 
I'm sorry, but permadeath has to go away if they want my money, or at least make it an option. Heck, make it an achievement - that way the hardcore permadeath lovers will be able to play their game and prove that they beat it with permadeath on, while the rest of the people can play a normal game.

I'm a big fan of realism in games, but IMO permadeath doesn't add anything other than frustration and anger to the experience. I simply have no desire to put in 6, 8, 10 hours or more into a game, only to have all that time wasted because I get killed. Maybe I didn't even get killed because of a mistake I made, but because of a cheap or poorly-implemented game mechanic - how many of you guys would want to throw away multiple hours of time because of something like that? I'm just offering my honest opinion here - if I were to invest 8+ hours of my life into this game only to get killed and realize I'd have to put in another 8+ hours just to get back to that point, then this game would go straight into the trash bin. I just don't have the time or patience to put up with that.

I'm an old school guy when it comes down to it - I like manual saves, and lots of them. But I understand the concept of survival horror - if you can save any time you like, then the tension goes away. Permadeath, on the other hand, goes way too far in the opposite direction. A generously-spaced out checkpoint system is where most of these kinds of games go, and is a good balance. Decisions still carry weight and the tension is still there - if I die, then I might have to repeat 20 or 30 minutes worth of game, and that's enough of a threat for me to be really careful. But it's also a short enough time that I'll be more likely to keep trying, rather than immediately rage-uninstall the game.

The devs seem like really good guys, and I wish them well, but I'd like to suggest an option to turn off permadeath. Otherwise I'm sorry to say my money will have to go elsewhere.
Klappstuhl Sep 27 @ 3:48pm 
Permadeath because Suvival Horror, deal with it. *Sunglasses*
tariasvillares Oct 13 @ 6:16am 
Originally posted by Klappstuhl:

Really? RESIDENT EVIL and SILENT HILL are one of the FIRST Survival Horror games and there's a save system on both of them. Can you deny that? Just because a game is classified as Survival Horror the devs shouldn't put a save system away, DEAL WITH IT.

IMO the devs should implement a option where the player can choose play the game with or without permanent death. Who are you guys to dictate anything? If the devs maintain their permadeath only decision they lose this customer.
Last edited by tariasvillares; Oct 13 @ 6:19am
virtualmatrix258 Oct 13 @ 4:14pm 
Originally posted by tariasvillares:

Really? RESIDENT EVIL and SILENT HILL are one of the FIRST Survival Horror games and there's a save system on both of them. Can you deny that? Just because a game is classified as Survival Horror the devs shouldn't put a save system away, DEAL WITH IT.

IMO the devs should implement a option where the player can choose play the game with or without permanent death. Who are you guys to dictate anything? If the devs maintain their permadeath only decision they lose this customer.

I doubt they're going to change their entire formula on your behalf. So maybe you should find another easy game to follow on Greenlight. They've said this for two years, they're not making this game to appease everyone. Not everyone is going to like their game or buy it. They're making this game for people with the exact opposite tastes as you. Giving them an ultimatum isn't going to change that fact.
Since when did TES Oblivion have permadeath?
Klappstuhl Oct 17 @ 12:02pm 
Originally posted by tariasvillares:

IMO the devs should implement an option where the player can choose play the game with or without permanent death. Who are you guys to dictate anything? If the devs maintain their permadeath only decision they lose this customer.

It's just not the kind of game with a save system. Their game, their rules.

I think they'll survive one sale less. I'm buying multiple copies for Youtubers anyway, if it's any consolation, I'll cover your loss.
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50