This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Routine
Aaron Foster  [developer] Dec 3, 2012 @ 6:13am
Developer QnA
Hey guys, we are going to do a QnA video soonish! and we would love to answer any questions the Steam community may have! so post away and we will answer them via video! :)

Thanks for all the support and Discussion threads! we do read them even though we don't post that often.

-Aaron
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Marjory Stewart-Baxter Dec 3, 2012 @ 11:06am 
What's the price level you guys are planning to release at?
Scruffy Dec 3, 2012 @ 3:32pm 
Will you be using view models for the characters body at all or having it be entirely world model for a 1:1 view from the players perspective? Also, will there be additional degrees of freedom or freelook such as in Arma 2?
Last edited by Scruffy; Dec 3, 2012 @ 3:37pm
Novac Dec 4, 2012 @ 12:44pm 
Will there be any character customization or custom maps/DLC?
RaisedByFlames Dec 6, 2012 @ 5:50am 
will the main character be silent or will they have a voice over?
Din0gam3r Dec 7, 2012 @ 7:49pm 
Will there be a single persistent enemy or multiple enemies?
ZOOLANDERBEAST Dec 8, 2012 @ 11:01pm 
I tweeted you already but there's no character limit here so I can be more in depth. I've played tons of horror games and none in my opinion compare to Dead Space and especially it's sequel, due mostly to it's emphasis on atmosphere. It's clear you guys aren't making a horror/action hybrid and are focusing on pure horror, but the lighting and sound design in Dead Space 2 is what make it's atmosphere so much more unnerving than any other game. Has the franchise influenced the way you guys approach the atmospheric design? Whether it has or not being a team of 3 how do you accomplish creating a palpable sci fi/horror atmosphere?

I'm so excited for Routine it's as if you read my mind and are creating the perfect horror game. It seems to be fundamentally exactly like Amnesia: The Dark Descent except in space and with sandbox game play, do you think it's an apt comparison? Like Amnesia you tout Routine to emphasize running away from enemies rather than direct conflict as well as focus on isolation and a mystery involving surprising reveals. Amnesia is one of my favorite games and probably the only game that scared me more than Dead Space 2 however, it's linearity I felt was an artistic missed opportunity and it seems Routine aims to build on what Amnesia did and elevate it to the next level with the random elements.

Huge fan of The Thing, Alien, and Moon but I hope there isn't a robotic companion that destroys the immersion and isolation of the game. Routine looks simply perfect, the kind of game I've been waiting someone to make for years I can't wait. Sorry for asking 3 long winded fanboy-esque questions, but I couldn't help it =P.
Last edited by ZOOLANDERBEAST; Dec 8, 2012 @ 11:02pm
Sandy Dec 9, 2012 @ 4:45am 
Will there be the requirement to find neccesities such as food and water, or will your survival just be dependent on you not being killed? I hope for the second option :)
Hyper Girl Dec 10, 2012 @ 8:22am 
I have two questions will there eventually be an option to have a Rogue Mode enabled with randomly generated map, items, and enemies? Or even better yet there be a source engine creator so that users can upload their own content?

What type of music will we expect in the final version of the game? Will it all be orchestrated or will there be silence with some sound effects in the back ground like machinery operating or a door that is malfunctioning.

One group that I listen to frequently and that has been doing outer space music since the early 80's is Hearts of Space they are pretty impressive because they don't just limit their music to a single genre.

There is techo,folk,celtic music, piano, violin the list goes on! If you want to give them a listen look them up on the net their radio show is still going.
Mildudon Dec 12, 2012 @ 1:47am 
Would you consider a wii u release
Crafekster Dec 12, 2012 @ 7:25am 
1. Is the world random when it comes to Goals? Or is it just hazards.

2. Will we have a form for defence with the tool that we are equipped with in the game? No, not with killing the enemy as a defence, but more like stunning them, slowing them.

3. How many hits can we take?

4. This seems like a spoilery question, but i want to ask anyway. Dont answer if you feel so.
I am a big fan of games putting game/visual elements along with the story. Fallout 3, Dark souls, Majoras mask. All these games have a convinient way of connecting stories to other places without spoon feeding the player. Will this be expected in Routine?

5. How big is the area we are allowed to explore going to be?

Again, i have quite the specific questions. So feel free to not answer :|
Aaron Foster  [developer] Dec 15, 2012 @ 12:04pm 
Thanks for all the awesome questions guys! we have only answered about 4 questions from here in the coming videos, but in our next recording session i will make it a Greenlight only answers video! promise :)!

Thanks again! <3! and have an great Christmas!
Sylar Jan 14, 2013 @ 6:08pm 
Will you have a first-person view where you see your extremities?
If so, will it be possible, if this is the type of game where you take damage and not instakill, to have us clutch our arm or limp and have an animation where we take a tool our of a medpack and wrap, inject, or clean our injuries. In real time? Longer remedy for more damage?

Game looks totally awesome!
Outis Jan 24, 2013 @ 2:31pm 
Is the inner base space and outer space interact-able in the gameplay? Such as a hull breach occurring in a section of a wall removing the air, or being sucked into space outside from a freshly broken window or breached door.
Last edited by Outis; Jan 24, 2013 @ 2:32pm
Outis Jan 25, 2013 @ 9:34pm 
How many hours would you say an average playthrough, from beginning to end, would be?
Noneclip Feb 1, 2013 @ 9:28am 
can you make there somekind of easy mode where is health packs or save system, because I like this game but I'm afraid that it is brutally hard
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50