This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Yogventures!
K0013Y Nov 13, 2012 @ 8:25pm
Why all of the hate?
Why is everyone hating on it?There are actual clones of games and people like them and don't complain.So why only this?
Showing 1-15 of 54 comments
< >
Schendsa Nov 14, 2012 @ 12:40am 
because some people have nothing better to do then complain about other people having fun
strangeguru Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:03am 
Originally posted by Schendsa:
because some people have nothing better to do then complain about other people having fun
You sir, are awesome
4L1G8R Nov 14, 2012 @ 1:38pm 
Well, if I had to say, since you brought it up as an honest question, it might have something to do with the way it was introduced.

It felt more like the point of it was to "one-up" Mojang and Notch in particular, and to get back at him for not appreciating how they have handled everything.

Having said that, I like the way the game is coming along, and if it progresses enough by release, I will likely consider buying it, though maybe not at first release.

I don't really feel like starting a big discussion/debate/argument, but there has been some bad blood between the Yogscast and Notch/Mojang in the past, and the spirit in which this game was introduced did *not* help anything........
K0013Y Nov 15, 2012 @ 3:16pm 
Originally posted by 4L1G8R:
Well, if I had to say, since you brought it up as an honest question, it might have something to do with the way it was introduced.

It felt more like the point of it was to "one-up" Mojang and Notch in particular, and to get back at him for not appreciating how they have handled everything.

Having said that, I like the way the game is coming along, and if it progresses enough by release, I will likely consider buying it, though maybe not at first release.

I don't really feel like starting a big discussion/debate/argument, but there has been some bad blood between the Yogscast and Notch/Mojang in the past, and the spirit in which this game was introduced did *not* help anything........
I kind of agree with you here but still.
Thrakmor Nov 16, 2012 @ 12:55pm 
The thing is, people are morons. Im talking about all people. Even you. Even me. Especially me. Peole just are so selfish that they dont care about anything else when there is something they dont like. They just want it obliterated. Anyway, I can gurantee about half of the people that hate the game idea are extreme minecraft fans who dont want to risk their precious game getting overshadowed by something thats more of a garrys mod or half-life clone. With garrys mod, you just build and do whateer you want with the tools provided, and half-life has had mods that add new content and new gamemodes (like TF2 or the aforementioned garrys mod). this game seems to me like it has both of those options. so, IMHO, i think this game is hated on because of the title and the two most known individuals in the game. If this game was announced with another name and without anything to do with the yogscast, would it still get hate? probably. would it be as much hate? probably not. and that is because the people dont care about the game, they care about the name and creators.
Superfast Jellyfish Nov 19, 2012 @ 8:51am 
I don't really like it because most of the textures bear a resemblance to a bad custom Counter Strike: Source map from 2004, and most of the supporters don't even care about the game, they only care that Simon & Lewis are in it. Look at the grass, it's repeated with no distortion at all, whose idea was this?
K0013Y Nov 20, 2012 @ 6:21pm 
Originally posted by INSECSuperfast JellyfishSpy:
I don't really like it because most of the textures bear a resemblance to a bad custom Counter Strike: Source map from 2004, and most of the supporters don't even care about the game, they only care that Simon & Lewis are in it. Look at the grass, it's repeated with no distortion at all, whose idea was this?
so im guessing you are the one here who cares about graphics?
K0013Y Nov 20, 2012 @ 6:22pm 
Originally posted by Thrakmor:
The thing is, people are morons. Im talking about all people. Even you. Even me. Especially me. Peole just are so selfish that they dont care about anything else when there is something they dont like. They just want it obliterated. Anyway, I can gurantee about half of the people that hate the game idea are extreme minecraft fans who dont want to risk their precious game getting overshadowed by something thats more of a garrys mod or half-life clone. With garrys mod, you just build and do whateer you want with the tools provided, and half-life has had mods that add new content and new gamemodes (like TF2 or the aforementioned garrys mod). this game seems to me like it has both of those options. so, IMHO, i think this game is hated on because of the title and the two most known individuals in the game. If this game was announced with another name and without anything to do with the yogscast, would it still get hate? probably. would it be as much hate? probably not. and that is because the people dont care about the game, they care about the name and creators.
the smart people have finally arrived.i agree with your statement fully.
Festive Kerosene Nov 20, 2012 @ 11:28pm 
This is only being made so the Yogscast can have more money.
tozzie Nov 21, 2012 @ 8:04am 
Originally posted by Notta:
I totally disagree, sure money is one benefactor of making a game but at the moment all the money that has been given to the yogscast has gone towards making their game. Of course it's still very underdeveloped but like all great things it will take time.

I say that we can't truly judge the yogscast on the game until it's finished. When it is finished you can say all you like because hours of hard work have been put into making this game and surely that deservers some respect even if you don't particularly like the yogscast or game.
K0013Y Nov 22, 2012 @ 8:11am 
and now the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ of the day came.
redscarwolf Nov 24, 2012 @ 9:27pm 

OH NOES, PEOPLES ARE MAKING MONEY!!! TEH EVIL, EVIL MONIES!!!

Wait... doesn't Minecraft make gobs and gobs of money aswell, does that mean Notch is a filthy sellout? Doesn't everyone on the planet try to make money, does that mean everyone is a filthy, nasty sellout? Invalid complaint is invalid.
big faggot who freekills people Nov 25, 2012 @ 5:38pm 
Because there are significantly better games that haven't been greenlit. Because it's a game about pretentious nerds who make YouTube videos.
K0013Y Nov 26, 2012 @ 5:52am 
Originally posted by FragReady.com clay_:
Because there are significantly better games that haven't been greenlit. Because it's a game about pretentious nerds who make YouTube videos.
Are they not entertaining?Their videos have almost nothing to do with it.Why bring this up?
Kochachi1 Nov 26, 2012 @ 3:43pm 
i think they made it to have fun. So what if it is the exact same as minecraft and bad quality. every modern warfare game is almost exactly the same yet they sell millions every time they make a new one
Showing 1-15 of 54 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50