This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Armada Online
System of a Dawn Sep 22, 2012 @ 4:44pm
When can we expect a new update on this game?
Ive been playing for the better part of 3 weeks now. Developer will there be a new update soon? What is the frequency of game updates? I'm already ready for Tier 4.
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
System of a Dawn Sep 22, 2012 @ 6:55pm 
Also a video walkthrough of what you currently have avail;able to play will help out alot. Most of the projects on greenlight have some basis of a walkthrough on the current build of the game.
Morjak  [developer] Sep 30, 2012 @ 12:45pm 
We are currently working on moving the server over the Amazon's cloud, adding some intro missions to help new users (plus npcs who send messages with tips and lore--more scripted missions to come later), and random missions. I also work on T4 and will try to get that done asap, but I have a lot of work pressures at the moment.
System of a Dawn Oct 1, 2012 @ 5:30am 
I understand how hard you are working mark. And understand that you are basically unfunded. Ive been playing for a few weeks and already found myself trying to stay interested in the game long term. I dont pvp so its a bit harder for a player like myself with little content to keep me wrapped up. I dont want to sound hasty mark but I think I speak for the majority of the people who play your game when I ask this. Will these updates you speak of be out by the end of this year?
Morjak  [developer] Oct 1, 2012 @ 9:22pm 
Chances are good. In the meantime, the pvp is excellent. Give it a shot some time.
Space Duck Oct 13, 2012 @ 4:12pm 
Something about the look of this game (like the player perspective ship and the station in your first video) reminds me of Space rangers, I like that.
bar.pys Nov 2, 2012 @ 10:14am 
i liked this game. But the Creator clearly pushes for the PVP which i dont like :) Anyways its F2P so anyone can see by urself.
jlmdragon Jan 8, 2013 @ 12:10pm 
having played this game for a few years the one thing that would help to make a big difference is a way to buy ship upgrade mats from a NPC store would be very helpful, i know you can trade with other players fot them but its not going to work for most people when there are many other free to play game to compete with, LoL bing the biggest (accoring to recently released info) to compete with.
Ori Klein Jan 9, 2013 @ 11:12pm 
bar.pys, you're in the wrong.
There's much more PvE than PvP, the latter being limited to only two areas.
CommandoDucky #ripd2doors Feb 21, 2013 @ 5:21pm 
Me and my friend(s) Are starting a you tube channel all about armada and walkthroughs and stuff. check it out? :D
tictactoc Apr 3, 2013 @ 9:25pm 
One of my best childhood game on dreamcast =)
Morjak  [developer] Apr 7, 2013 @ 9:12am 
We just did an update to help new users navigate more easily.
vincku Nov 10, 2013 @ 8:49am 
I have spent one summer playing this game. Good memories.
Mister Bo Jungles Jan 19 @ 12:13pm 
You can expect an update sometime in the next decade, but it will likely be a balance patch without any new content.
Chosen One Jan 23 @ 2:39pm 
Originally posted by tictactoc:

Yeah...same here...it is a shame that they woldnt able to push Armada 2 :(
NormireX Feb 6 @ 8:36pm 
Originally posted by Chosen One:
Originally posted by tictactoc:

Yeah...same here...it is a shame that they woldnt able to push Armada 2 :(

Armada was also one of my favorite DC games. Sadly I did play Armada Online a while back and it just doesn't have the same controls or progression that the original Armada had. Unless things have changed the game wasn't as action feeling as the original Armada on DC.

AO is still not a bad game by any means, I just prefer the controls and everything from the original game.
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50