This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Greenlight is being retired. For more information on how to submit games to steam, refer to this blog post.
Armada Online
ograstamon Apr 12, 2014 @ 10:16pm
This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things!
Because the Steam Community is plagued with the jackholes that vote for sh*t like this. Did anyone try it before clicking "Yes"? Even Early Access games provide some instruction on gameplay. THIS GAME IS SEVEN YEARS OLD AND IT DOESN'T HAVE A F*CKING TUTORIAL!!! It just drops you into the world with a tiny, molasses slow spacehip and leaves you to figure out why clicking on sh*t doesn't seem to do anything. That is after you search the forums to learn how to do a manual update since the launcher doesn't do it for you.
Steam Greenlight represents the future of gaming on Steam but we've got a bunch of stupid ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s that get excited about ancient, dying games that submitted to Greenlight for resuscitation.
Now get ready to hear from these backwards thinking teat suckers as they rush to defend this monstrous pile of manure and tell me that if I just had the patience and/or intelligence to read the online forum/guide/wiki/whatever I would have learned all I needed to know. Because, y'know, THAT'S how modern gaming works.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Neeja Apr 14, 2014 @ 9:18pm 
Get a grip. If you don't like the game go play another one.
Arklyte Apr 15, 2014 @ 2:12pm 
This is still in an alpha stage, the developers aren't working towards large-scale fixes where workarounds are available. If you want something that "works out the box/plug and play" try a game in full release.
ograstamon Apr 15, 2014 @ 6:19pm 
Originally posted by ograstamon:
Now get ready to hear from these backwards thinking teat suckers as they rush to defend this monstrous pile of manure.
See what I mean?
The first engages in cleverly disguised ad hominem; pretending that criticism of a game is something rare and only practiced by those that have lost their "grip". He also deflects from or misunderstands the true subject of my harsh judgement: gamers, not games.
The second uses that tired tool of early adopting fanboys:"IT'S IN ALPHA!". Yes, after seven years (or perhaps nine) this game still has "alpha" in its name, which to bronies like Arkyte means it is exempt from commentary.
shikaze1 Apr 16, 2014 @ 12:10pm 
So what you are saying is that if games you don't like are on Steam, then games you would like would not be? If you don't dig it, that is cool. But to act like a raving lunatic like you are speaks volume about your character. You can be critical of a game and not act like a spoiled child because you tried something you didn't like. As a community, we would rather not have people like you play with us in any case.
shikaze1 Apr 16, 2014 @ 12:16pm 
I forgot to add this link, I think it does a good job explaining your behavior: http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006
Threepwood Jun 2, 2014 @ 4:56pm 
I've played it right away years ago and did not need any tutorial or explanation. It's pretty self explanatory. Maybe you're just not the sharpest tool in the drawer.
I beelieve this video says it best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ZtBCpo0eU
ElemWiz Jun 10, 2014 @ 12:28pm 
Here's an ad hom for ya. Dude needs to get laid...bad. There's too many video games out there to go Hulk on one you don't like.
Out of all the legitimate concerns you could have voiced about the game, it not having a vibrant enough tutorial is what you pick? Everything you need to know to play can be found by pressing 'H'. You are told this right after the opening cut scene is finished.
Numkelis Jul 8, 2014 @ 5:06am 
I think the poor soul most likely "accidentally" pressed ESC during the introduction and in that case all the tutorial stuff is skipped and wasn't a man enough to admit his mistake, instead tried to blame the game for it's already known issues (still alpha)

Cheers~
Munchkins Jul 21, 2014 @ 1:23pm 
This game doesnt need to have a tutorial I played the first one on Dreamcast without a tutorial
This game is more simple than pacman ... all guns are online at the start the rest is just looking on stats and fly into enemy's ...
and aside from that ... modern gaming is INFERIOR to the original developed games ... to easy, gets boring REALY FAST, i can play through most of them in 3 hours and have seen everything ... old games on the other hand put new stuff every 5 meter (even smw on the snes did a good job with that ... it put traps and other hard to overcome dangers in later levels after you prepared proper and developed skill)
Munchkins Jul 25, 2014 @ 11:52am 
I like how older games gave more of a challenge making them fun.
I got to interview one of the developers of the game. These are folks creating something they really believe in, a game they want to play. They have no financial backing and do this in their spare time. It's a labor of love. You can't judge it by such unrealistic standards.

All I know is that the Dreamcast / Game Cube Armada was my favorite game ever. I still feel this game could bring something fresh to a stale video game marketplace. The alpha may lack polish but the foundation is there.

As Arklyte intelligently pointed out, alpha stage is not a matter of time invested but, rather, what is sustainable. Minor bug fixes are not doable or prudent now. I'm sure Mark and Roger will open the game up to beta testing when they feel the momentum is really there.

If you want to listen to the Armada Online discussion, check out HorsePLAY! LIVE EP5 and 5.5 on iTunes or Stitcher. It was a great chat. Mark was very humble and open to discuss anything and everything with us. We talked for nearly TWO hours. Good luck trying to get that sort of attention from most developers, whether you are media or just a fan. ;o)
NormireX Dec 3, 2014 @ 1:06pm 
I played back in Alpha and it isn't bad, it just isn't anything like the Armada game I remember on the Dreamcast which was disappointing, unless they have changed things a lot since Alpha. The Dreamcast game was more fast paced and actiony than this game from what I remember from Alpha. If the game has changed to be more fast paced and actiony then I would be more interested in it.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Per page: 15 30 50