This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Race the Sun
Hydrox6 Sep 30, 2013 @ 2:30pm
Minimum Specs
Anyone have a list of minimum specs, or a link to them?
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
< >
Bier Sep 30, 2013 @ 4:17pm 
I'd like to know that too.
aaronflippo(Flippfly)  [developer] Sep 30, 2013 @ 5:15pm 
Hey guys - we haven't figured out exactly what the minspec machine is, but the game's visuals are fairly simple and they can be scaled back to run on just about anything.

If you'd like - check out the (really old) demo version on Kongregate:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/Flippfly/race-the-sun

If you can run that - you can run the latest version too :)
Bier Sep 30, 2013 @ 5:44pm 
I can play it with a Nvidia Quadro FX 540. You have my vote :)
aaronflippo(Flippfly)  [developer] Sep 30, 2013 @ 6:11pm 
Also: We're hoping to bring this game to mobile eventually, and so we'll be continually doing more optimizations. It'll be hard to find a PC it won't run well on when we're done ;)
Hydrox6 Oct 1, 2013 @ 9:42am 
Thanks for the response. A demo would be nice (or a dedicated benchmark thingy), but if it's not much more intense than the Kongregate version, then that's all right.

Also, does the current version need installing? If it can run from a memory stick, that would be amazing (but i highly doubt that it can)
Last edited by Hydrox6; Oct 1, 2013 @ 9:51am
aaronflippo(Flippfly)  [developer] Oct 1, 2013 @ 10:27am 
At the moment, only the Windows version has an installer, but that may change in the future.
Hydrox6 Oct 2, 2013 @ 11:34am 
OK so I just bought it and I can answer both my questions.

It runs beautifully even on this crappy graphics card and uses very little RAM for it.

And for windows, you can use Innounp to extract it without installing, so I'm running it on my memory stick.

You guys are so awesome, keep up the amazing work!
aaronflippo(Flippfly)  [developer] Oct 2, 2013 @ 5:33pm 
Thanks for reporting back!

Yeah running from a memory stick should work just fine; the only thing is that if you don't run through the installer, it won't register the custom URL scheme that the webpage-based relay system uses to launch the game. It's not essential, so you should be good ;)
Hydrox6 Oct 3, 2013 @ 2:03pm 
That relay thing is just a link redirector, right? Like aos:// for Ace of Spade classic.
aaronflippo(Flippfly)  [developer] Oct 3, 2013 @ 9:02pm 
Yep. For windows, that works through a registry entry
Beef Supreme Oct 3, 2013 @ 10:41pm 
Picked this game up today. I'm running it on my living room computer, a dell box from 2007 with a nvidia 8600GT 256mb at 1080P resolution in second-highest quality mode (beautiful) and its smooth and fast... now i just need to learn how to play it better....
aaronflippo(Flippfly)  [developer] Oct 3, 2013 @ 11:38pm 
:)
doge Oct 5, 2013 @ 7:23am 
my video card display driver stopped responding 5 minutes into the game, don't know if thats the game or my computer
Jintek Oct 19, 2013 @ 6:22am 
Any ideas on the time table for the Steam release? I've bought about 5 copies of this game through the Flippfly site. And was wondering where we should expect our Steam keys to show up? In our humble bundle page/s, in our email associated with them, or what?
aaronflippo(Flippfly)  [developer] Oct 19, 2013 @ 8:36pm 
5 copies? You are our hero ;)
We don't have a date set yet, but there's probably a good 4 weeks of work ahead of us. We want to knock it out of the park with achievements, Steam trading cards, integrated leaderboards, improved relay multiplayer, etc.

The plan right now is to have the Steam keys become available in your "flippfly account" page, at http://flippfly.com/my-account/
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50