This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Inquisitor
luciffer Feb 27, 2013 @ 2:06am
don't let this one greenlit
bought from gog
a terrible game.
Showing 1-15 of 55 comments
< >
Siegor Feb 27, 2013 @ 6:21am 
Would you care to elaborate? I was thinking of purchasing it on gog since it hasn't been greenlit yet, so any feedback is appreciated.
luciffer Feb 28, 2013 @ 3:29am 
well
1. the combat system is totally rubbish. because:
  • this system heavilly rely on "stamina". If you have no stamina, you can't fight and run away. And in this game, your stamina drop very quick, especially in early stage, that means you have to drink potion continuously and die often
  • weapons and armors break down easily
  • you can't control pet and companion, and their AI is not good. For example, my dog keep running on lava then die in a cave, and I could do nothing
  • even difficulty is easy, enemy is strong and quick, you can't outrun most monster
So in all, in this game, even you set all your skill and attributes max, learn all magic, fighting the monsters is very hard and boring

2. There are hugh amout of texts indeed, and background setting is interesting. But to me, conversations, quests and story are not written well

3. graphic and animation is bad even compare to RPGs ten years ago

4. many script error

and most important, it seems there will be no update or patch or something
Eb42  [developer] Feb 28, 2013 @ 9:50pm 
Different opinion from customer:

Lymanity Feb 28, 2013 @ 2:49am
I bought this game from GOG and I would buy it again from Steam. Inquisitor is GREAT.
I come from a background where I've been playing hack and slash RPGs for a while (since Diablo's 1997 release) and every title in that genre that has come out since then has not been able to capture me in the same way Inquisitor does. The only action/hack n slash RPG that hasn't disappointed me was the Torchlight series, but Inquisitor wins hands down in the story department. Also, this game is freaking hard, so don't go into it with a Diablo 3 mentality.
Eb42  [developer] Feb 28, 2013 @ 9:53pm 
ad 1) it's not caual game
ad 2) Inquisitor has received a prestigious award from GameBanshee: Game of the Year 2012 – Best Story/Writing.
ad 4) can you be more specific?
luciffer Mar 1, 2013 @ 2:00am 
I think there is a hugh gap between and "hardcore" and "broken"
Eb42  [developer] Mar 1, 2013 @ 5:13am 
I understand that game like Inquisitor not fit to all players. But RPG Indie 2012 award from the editors of RPG France for broken or hardcore game - What do you think?
luciffer Mar 1, 2013 @ 7:09am 
and I can find review like this one
"Absolute Games Oct 11, 2012 25 The main character of Inquisitor is quite creative when it comes to torturing heretics. You can rack people, make them drink boiling water, or put them into the iron maiden… But the game itself is an even worse torture – not everyone can suffer through 100 hours being bored and annoyed at the same time. Inquisitor is not a hardcore RPG; it just hates the player."

You seem to assume that some editors gave you some award, so they are right and I am unfit to your game. I can understand your feeling, I would be angry if someone criticize my work. But not every editor gave you award, right? how can you try to prove your game is good by just using some title like "RPG Indie 2012 award"? Do you just ignore all criticisms?

When I uninstalled your game, I thought, if this game had come out 10 years ago, no one would even mention it. so the developers held it back, then released it in 2012, so they can sell this game as an "Old-school" RPG
luciffer Mar 1, 2013 @ 7:12am 
I hope you release a update rather than argue with me, thanks
Eb42  [developer] Mar 1, 2013 @ 2:48pm 
Previews and Reviews:

Shelby Reiches on Cheat Code Central gives Inquisitor 74% and says:
This game is massive. Unforgiving, but massive. And, given that it doesn't hold your hand, there's a tremendous amount that practically must be explored.
http://www.cheatcc.com/pc/rev/inquisitorreview.html

On GripYaJoystick, Inquisitor receives 90% with Tearsofafeather saying:
Inquisitor is a great game all around. Its fun, difficult, and it has a lot of content.
http://www.gripyajoystick.com/inquisitor-review/

PirateWave! gives Inquisitor 77% and says:
It's oldschool at its finest - mistakes will make you learn. If you learn how to control your character, you will succeed. The challenge lies ahead - will you dare to take it?

Shawn Vermette on SnackbarGames gives Inquisitor another 80%.
True to its name, Inquisitor is about a lot more than simply running around killing monsters and leveling up. It has a deep, complex story, and how much of it you uncover will be directly related to how you choose to interact with the people you encounter.

Andariel on RPG France gives Inquisitor 90% and says:
In the end, Inquisitor is a bit like an old school RPG holy water : faithful worshippers see it as a consecration and a benediction, less motivated believers handle it with more or less indifference, but heretics and possessed will cry out in pain when touching it. Nonetheless, it is definitely a ceremonial jewel that promises a unique, visceral and generous experience. An experience that stands out from nowaday's video game scene with its anti-consensual, challenging but rewarding approach.
http://www.rpgfrance.com/test-10013-1-test-inquisitor

Alexander on Greenlit Gaming says:
The most enticing element to Inquisitor is the massive scope of both the game world and the story. Boasting upwards of 100 hours of gameplay, the game can only be described as immense.
http://greenlitgaming.com/inquisitor-preview/
Ragnarök Mar 2, 2013 @ 5:54am 
GameBanshee, a site dedicated purely to Western RPGs gave this game a G.O.T.Y. for its writing and story. That is the only recommendation any fan of the genre should need.
nagman17 Mar 3, 2013 @ 11:10am 
Absolutely agree and love this game!

Originally posted by Ragnarök:
GameBanshee, a site dedicated purely to Western RPGs gave this game a G.O.T.Y. for its writing and story. That is the only recommendation any fan of the genre should need.
Kovi  [developer] Mar 12, 2013 @ 1:18am 
Why were you reloading the game almost 100 times?
emfire Mar 16, 2013 @ 1:43am 
Originally posted by Kovi:
Why were you reloading the game almost 100 times?
I think he may mean that he was dying more than he thought was reasonable. Playing as paladin on normal mode, I found this too. I still enjoy the game though, and look past it's flaws as it is still quite playable. To be constructive, I would encourage devs to read the following linked critique, as I can agree with it's observations almost 100%. If you could re-balance a few things the author suggests in a patch, it would go a long way for current customers/fans, IMO. http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/EricSchwarz/20120916/177761/Inquisitor_The_Sins_of_OldSchool_Design.php
emfire Mar 16, 2013 @ 1:45am 
Incidentally, is there a patch of any kind in the works, and if so, a projected release date? Thanks!
Kovi  [developer] Mar 18, 2013 @ 1:23am 
βbZ^ Sladien: Yes, you're probably right about Farsight dying too much. But that brings another question: When dying almost 100 times, couldn't it mean that the player is doing something wrong? There are many modern games that won't let you die (not at all, or at least not too much), show you your destination on the minimap, take you through a pre-defined path, tell you exactly what is expected from you so that you can sprint through the game and don't have to think much - not that it's necessarily wrong, it just isn't what Inquisitor does. In Inquisitor, if you come to an area where enemies are too strong and you're dying too much, you should go back. If you are fighting an enemy and you're doing too little damage to him, depleting your Stamina or Mana too quickly, it means that you should change your approach to the fight (use a different kind of Magic/Seal, use a physical attack instead of magical one, bring a companion etc.). Inquisitor can be easy when you observe these things and adapt to them, but it can be hard as hell if you stubbornly repeat the same thing again and again. Of course, it would be easier if the game told you such information, but it deliberately doesn't and either you have to find it for yourself or you have to ask some other player. As far as difficulty settings are concerned - while today you can play lots of games on Hard/Veteran/Nightmare settings and feel reasonably challenged, it isn't so in Inquisitor. That's why we recommend everyone to start on easy and if you find the game too easy, you can choose a higher difficulty level next time you're playing it. And there are some players out there that don't have troubles even on the Hard setting. Those are truly compatible with the developers and the game. As far as Eric's article is concerned, I gave it a glance back then when it was published. There is some truth in what he writes, but I also know that he was struggling with the game a lot while playing it, unable to get the knack of it, which resulted in his negative overall experience, quite understandably.

As far as a patch is concerned, we are not working on it currently. We would like to fix some things, polish the game a bit, but that will require time and money, and I imagine that such money will have to be generated through Steam first.
Showing 1-15 of 55 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50