Dit spel heeft groen licht gekregen van de community!

De community heeft haar interesse getoond voor dit spel. Valve heeft de ontwikkelaars benaderd om de release op Steam in gang te zetten.

Critical Point : Incursion
Mr Elusive 16 okt 2012 om 11:04nm
Question (LAN Support)
FAO - The developers of Critical Point: Incursion

Saw the trailer and read the feature list on the Greenlight page. So far I'm quite impressed. I mean, bot support? I'm definitely in.

My query is regarding LAN support. Is it actual OFFLINE LAN or "you must be connected to the internet" LAN?

The reason I'm asking is because I still host/attend LAN parties on a regular basis, all of which do not have internet access. I'm getting fed up with having to severely limit the number of games we play because of this. The internet where we live is not great, hence why LAN is still an ideal alternative.

There is only a handful of games in the recent years that have true offline LAN functionality. If the developers can spare two minutes of their time to answer this, I'd appreciate it.
Laatst bewerkt door Mr Elusive; 16 okt 2012 om 11:05nm
1-3 van 3 reacties weergegeven
< >
TOP-Proto - Dominating Studios  [ontwikkelaar] 17 okt 2012 om 1:28vm 
CP:I is designed to be competitively played. LAN support is required for that :).

{dTa}aRny  [ontwikkelaar] 17 okt 2012 om 4:28vm 
I have a .bat file which i run and starts a local dedicated server on my machine.. loads up in about 4 seconds and I can run several clients (offline) to join it.. all from my own computer.

So as Proto said, yes. This is key for us and our attractiveness in competitive play, particularily at LANs
Mr Elusive 17 okt 2012 om 10:51vm 
That's really good to hear. I've been let down too many times buying "LAN supported" games, only for them to demand I connect to the internet or log into some arbitary online account.

Or better still - Magicka for example, presents you with the false illusion of LAN - in a sense that it conveniently doesn't find games. However, if Magicka does detect an internet connection, it "phones home" and then allows you to host/join LAN games, which is self-defeating.

Thanks for providing me with an honest answer and again, thanks for proper LAN support. I have big respect for this.

PS: For the record, I do like Magicka as a game, it's just that one thing that annoys me.
Laatst bewerkt door Mr Elusive; 17 okt 2012 om 10:52vm
1-3 van 3 reacties weergegeven
< >
Per pagina: 15 30 50