This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

A Hat in Time
siouxsie871 Jun 2, 2013 @ 6:01am
Likelyhood of a Wii U version?
As a huge fan of all the games you've drawn inspiration from, the thing I'm by far most excited about regarding AHIT is the possibility of getting to play it on the Wii U.

How far along is this plan? Is it just something you'd like, or have you looked into developing for the Wii U? Does it seem likely that the game will ever see a Wii U release?
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
(OoS) The FapyN Alchemist Jun 7, 2013 @ 8:04pm 
As far as I saw the response to that one on facebook it goes a little something like this

"we are trying to get a publish to publish it on the WiiU. and about the eShop, a dev can publish their game there but its hard geting the allowance".... sorry not in facebook right now or i would tell ya what exactly they said... but it should be soemthing like that... they cant say anything specific about a posible wiiu release, because they dont wanna lie... i can fully understand that.. i just wish them luck in trying to... cause tons and tons of people really want it for the WiiU^^
siouxsie871 Jun 8, 2013 @ 7:37am 
Thanks for that info, I totally agree that it's a good decision not to promise anything that they can't actually guarantee. I guess what I was actually wondering - even if I didn't get that across in the original question - was about the process in itself.

It seems from the snippets you provided that the road block would be getting it published? I don't know much about console game development, but I would imagine there are significant differences from developing for PC OS:es, which might be the problem. Porting code and whatnot, which would take a lot of development time. Granted, negotiating with companies for publishing would also take time, but if that's the most time-consuming part of getting this game on the Wii U I'm pretty hopeful that they will make it.
(OoS) The FapyN Alchemist Sep 22, 2013 @ 12:57pm 
Now pls don´t make me lie... i think i heard them say once that that publishing it in the eshop takes this "allowance" i mentioned.. being extremely expensive and all. Which is why they are trying to talk with publishers having this allowance already. They would still have to pay a bit of money to the publisher... but it would be cheaper then geting the publishing licence (the allowance).... I just hope they find a publisher... if they havn´t already xD
(OoS) The FapyN Alchemist Sep 22, 2013 @ 12:59pm 
and yes... as far as i know the main problem is geting it published.. not sure if the dev kit for wiiu is also a problem.. but i think finding a way to publish it is the hardest
MiguelAngelOA Nov 23, 2013 @ 9:48pm 
if this game wheres on the wii u, i will bought this inmediatly
HaveFun Mar 11 @ 6:32pm 
I would rather get this on Wii U, butif not I will still get it on PC to show support!
Missingnope. Mar 18 @ 6:45am 
This game would be really great on Wii U. Nintendo's new console is having a hard time competing with PS4 and Xbox One and I think some new games, like this one, will help the Wii U.
MiguelAngelOA Mar 18 @ 3:35pm 
Originally posted by Missingnope.:
This game would be really great on Wii U. Nintendo's new console is having a hard time competing with PS4 and Xbox One and I think some new games, like this one, will help the Wii U.

yeah, you are right finally, a pc and nintendo exclusive game
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50