This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

A Hat in Time
Sniper Melon Jan 9 @ 5:48pm
So what happens when you get an hour glass?
Will you immediatly report back to the HUB world like in Mario 64 or are you able to continue running around the world and leave whenever you want to like in Banjo-Kazooie?
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Leonard Jan 10 @ 7:20am 
Because your main goal is to collect the hour glass,i think it finishes the level
Sniper Melon Jan 19 @ 8:23pm 
Originally posted by LockStryder:
It is noted several times by many alfa players that there is more than one hourglass per level. This is also visable in many gameplay videos. I think it's safe to presume that it's a case of there are many per level and that it'll work like banjo-kazooie in that sense.

In that statment it is also clear that there are many changes in the worlds too. If this could be interpreted as leaving then returning with changes to the world. If this was correct then super mario 64 would be a more appropriate description.

Either way can be easily argued. It's just better to wait and see.

Wait, the alpha is already out? Since When?
Last edited by Sniper Melon; Jan 19 @ 8:23pm
LockStryder Jan 19 @ 8:26pm 
Chapters and Acts

A Hat in Time is split up into five story segments, "chapters", and each chapter is split into several "acts". If you have ever played Super Mario 64, this is the same as choosing different stars on the same level: you have different objectives and the environment changes depending on the act you have selected.
LockStryder Jan 19 @ 8:33pm 
The alpha has been exclusive to certain youtube video makers in order to increase it's popularity. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECtFQ6lKYk0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpFmNC61DRY
Sniper Melon Jan 19 @ 8:34pm 
Originally posted by LockStryder:
The alpha has been exclusive to certain youtube video makers in order to increase it's popularity.
Oooooooooh okay, now I see
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50