Dit spel is nu beschikbaar op Steam!

Bedankt voor je hulp bij het selecteren van dit spel voor distributie via Steam. Meer informatie, waaronder een link naar de Steam-winkelpagina, kan hier onder gevonden worden.

In Verbis Virtus
age2be 19 sep 2012 om 9:43vm
Great idea but
what if the speech recognisation does not working fine at all?
And besides, games like this will take stuff like all gamers have to be nerds to a never seen new level lol
1-15 van 25 reacties weergegeven
< >
sara_bear 19 sep 2012 om 2:06nm 
Issues
1.Needs a controler most don't alreay have.
2.Regional accents are going to play havock with any voice recognition software. No one has mastered this technology yet; not even the military/feds.
3.Being overheard by anyone else while playing it.
AmbigramMan 19 sep 2012 om 4:40nm 
1. Seriously? You can buy one online for 10 bucks, including shipping and handling. Most people who play multiplayer already have a mic some sort, and quality doesn't matter. I played the demo without problems with the one built into my laptop.
2. If you look through the comments, people of varying accents have played through the demo and reported little to no issues. The final version will also allow you to train your voice, increasing recognition.
3. Well... I don't really have a counterpoint for this one. Just play when alone or at night. And I mean seriously, who really cares if someone is talking to their laptop? People scream at their Xbox's all the time.
Taciter 22 sep 2012 om 5:33nm 
1. Not a great fan of headsets myself either so it's not always a case of 'can buy', rather 'will buy'.

2. I don't forsee this being a major concern given how much voice recognition has advanced in recent years.

3. If you co-habit in a house with thin walls, I doubt anyone is going to thank you for sharing your solo experience with the household at 3am. Personally, I can't see why the devs wouldn't include an 'option' to enable keyboard support, I would have thought that broadening the appeal of this game to include 'silent' players could only serve to benefit them in the long run.
vetal 23 sep 2012 om 12:43nm 
An alternative control set (eg. not a microphone) is most definitely potentially possible but would be obviously limited and would take away what is, in my opinion, a large draw to the game. It'd most likely make combat and any puzzles that require more than a few commands tedious.
Harmless 23 sep 2012 om 10:55nm 
There are good and bad points to any game, but in this case, having played the demo, the voice recognition is flawless. I was using a cheap old mic (like 5 bucks worth or something similar) to test, then moved on to the mic on my headset, and both worked like a charm. The "train voice" command that has been mentioned, as well as the fact the final game will have spells in a new language rather than English, should counterract any aspect of accent issues.

@Sara, I think you'll find that most DO have a mic, as many people these days have headsets or something similar, and if not then laptops all come with in built mics that I suggest would work fine, given the quality of the external mic I tested with was lower than my laptop onboard mic.

And honestly guys, the solution is not to play at 3am :/ I understand people with work commitments etcetc, but for a lot of people playing at times when others are asleep (myself included) I would just play earlier in the night. It's really no different to people who play games while talking to other players via voice. If you're playing at a time when it doesn't really matter (mid afternoon or something) then it's just like watching a lame movie or talking on the phone isn't it? People wouldn't really mind? You don't have to yell to get the spells to work or anything, normal voice volume is fine.
Professor Cupcake 26 sep 2012 om 9:12vm 
Origineel geplaatst door sara_bear:
Issues
1.Needs a controler most don't alreay have.
2.Regional accents are going to play havock with any voice recognition software. No one has mastered this technology yet; not even the military/feds.
3.Being overheard by anyone else while playing it.

1. Any PC gamer worth their salt has a headset, and they're not that expensive. I got my Plantronics Gamecom 367 headset for only £18, and it's pretty damn good.

2. This is something that was solved quite a while ago. Pretty much all decent voice recognition programs have the option to 'train' them to recognise your voice.

3. lol.
Tiny Colossus 29 sep 2012 om 5:44vm 
2. I tried the game recently, and there's basically no issue at all with the voice recognition system.

This is not Siri or similar thing, where the VRS has to guess what you're talking about among hundreds of sentences.
Here, there's a bunch of very different short sentences, very different from each other ("Let there be light", "Mind over matter", "Come to me" - these are real examples from the game) so they're set to a high tolerance, meaning that you don't need a perfect accent to make them work.

And trust me, since I'm italian (as the devs) and we're known all around the globe for our not-so-perfect english pronunciation, right? :D
sara_bear 29 sep 2012 om 1:37nm 
Not everyone uses a laptop and there is no mic on my tablet. But mostly I use a desktop. Oh I've had mics before. Don't currently due to lack of need and poor funtionality. I'm sure there a mic jack somewhere on my sound cards inputs, but I'd have to locate it. And since I've never found a mic yet that didn't go haywire everytime I exhaled. I stoped even looking at them.

Less than 20% of games even have chat functions available. Less than 5% of them even make chat disireable. Never found it worth bothering with.

Not to mention the flack us female gamers deal with the moment we enter group chat durring fighting op games. That's moot for this game's sake though. So beside the point.

Those voice trainers do not work for everyone, when I experiance one that doesn't have me shouting at it, I'll change my opinion. If this one works well... great, fantastic. Not convinced till I test it.

As to point 3.
I'll play a game when I feel like it and life doesn't reqire me elsewhere. 3am or whenever. Flexability has a lot to do with whether I buy a game or not. But I don't live alone and being overheard could form issues. Simply because of the royal teasing anyone would get if caught constantly going "Let there be light" alone.
How does the game respond to ambient noise by the way? There's as many a 4 other tvs all on different channels going on in my house, at times.
Glaivas 30 sep 2012 om 5:05vm 
Just finish the game and the woice recognition work well for me with a webcam's microphone. I'm italian, so my accent isn't like Oxford.
Laatst bewerkt door Glaivas; 30 sep 2012 om 5:05vm
Dante1592 4 okt 2012 om 8:57vm 
I'm finish the game and the woice recognition work very well for me with a 4€'s microphone. I'm italian, and my accent is very very bad.
Taciter 11 okt 2012 om 5:34nm 
...being overheard could form issues. Simply because of the royal teasing anyone would get if caught constantly going "Let there be light" alone..
Hahaha... I was thinking just that!!
dnlblue 15 nov 2012 om 7:04nm 
Those voice trainers do not work for everyone, when I experiance one that doesn't have me shouting at it, I'll change my opinion. If this one works well... great, fantastic. Not convinced till I test it.

So go ahead and test it already. there's a free demo out there. I don't see why all this conjecture when you can check it out for yourself with a simple download. Borrow a friend's mic or something if you need to.
sara_bear 16 nov 2012 om 12:33vm 
Wow talk about an arguement over a month ago. Chill dude, it's a non issue. I think enough people have tested it and reviewed the voice trainer so far, by now. Everyone has been saying that it ok.

Now though the developers are talking about making their own language for the game. (shrug) I'll wait for a demo of that.
Sandy 16 nov 2012 om 1:14nm 
They say they will change the English to some sort of magic language, which could sound silly and be hard to remember. I believe that the voice recognision is good from what I've heard, but when they add multiplayer it will be hectic with you saying spells while your friend is chating to you, or it may pick up your voice in chat. Maybe a button to hold for online play when casting?
Start_Running 18 jan 2013 om 2:56nm 
The voice rec is a nice touch I think but foresee much problems. Voice rec tends to be very sketchy even in programs devoted to it (Try Dragon Naturally Speaking Sometime). This game may work fine but if you have an accent i perhaps see much troubles. STill. I'm greenlighting this puppy. It's innovative.
1-15 van 25 reacties weergegeven
< >
Per pagina: 15 30 50