This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Gnomoria
lonewolf Sep 26, 2012 @ 6:07pm
things that could be inproved (feed back)
well in my opion the demo should be made longer, people should die or get majorly slowed down if starver, there should be a limit on how far down you can go until you get better tools, you should be able to form a govern ment and once you form this government your people will kind of do things on there own a little, you should add a multiplayer part were its like a RTS, bandits that periodicaly attack you until you kill there leader or them, randomly spawning neutral villages that you can take over or trade with, hostile animals, you can make your gnomes into sertain classes by making them do sertian work over and over agian, more diffrent types of gnomes, gnome babys you do minimal work and eat a lot entil they grow up, the option to zoom in and out, when you make a structure you can mark it as a structure and when you zoom out enough you get icons for things like in supreme commander. please add other things you think robotronic studios should add, thanks
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
BlockyUniverse (Worrall) Sep 27, 2012 @ 1:36pm 
I kind of agree but.. ever played Silent Hunter? Someone had an idea to make it online.. thats what we all want, a hardcore simulator in a browser!
BAAAM Freeman Sep 28, 2012 @ 10:51pm 
i think a co-op mode would be cool. I like the idea of a government aswell
dogsonofawolf Sep 29, 2012 @ 8:41am 
Originally posted by lonewolf:
well in my opion the demo should be made longer, people should die or get majorly slowed down if starver, there should be a limit on how far down you can go until you get better tools, you should be able to form a govern ment and once you form this government your people will kind of do things on there own a little, you should add a multiplayer part were its like a RTS, bandits that periodicaly attack you until you kill there leader or them, randomly spawning neutral villages that you can take over or trade with, hostile animals, you can make your gnomes into sertain classes by making them do sertian work over and over agian, more diffrent types of gnomes, gnome babys you do minimal work and eat a lot entil they grow up, the option to zoom in and out, when you make a structure you can mark it as a structure and when you zoom out enough you get icons for things like in supreme commander. please add other things you think robotronic studios should add, thanks
I think a lot of these suggestions would trend towards making Gnomoria a RTS rather than a Dwarf Fortress type game. We have plent of RTS', but only a couple DF's. I'm torn on the government suggestion, because on the one hand it's an important part of DF, but on the other, it's a really annoying part.

Child gnomes could work, though he's already got Gnomads as the source of new gnomes, not sure we need to muddle things. Oh, and there's only 2 zoom levels, but you can zoom in and out currently (hold control and mouse wheel).

Haha, know what you mean on extending the demo, though for me it caused me to buy the game right there.

I would enjoy seeing additional hostile animals, in addition to non-hostile wild animals. More friendlies would be great too (visiting humans or dwarves).
Heagar Sep 29, 2012 @ 12:07pm 
well as for the demo being longer i never played the demo how long is it i bought the game after a 5 mins of a 20 min video..

as for hungry gnomes move slower thats already implamented just because theres food and drink icons on there heads dose not meen there effected by it as of yet takes a few hours of being in that state before there effected but it dose happen.. infact my gnomes prefur only eat wile there on there way to bed kinda dont know why but owell

as for the gov idea theres so much more to implament before you can even think about a goverment system i mean theres only like 6 or so food sorces as of yet its so early in alpha righ tnow its not even funny..

also there is already gfx for 3 new animals so im guessing there working on the ai for them

as for rts elements its not command and conqure its a DF syle game
and by the time you are finished with your first year you will mostlikely have lost 20- all % of your gnomes if its your first time so the game dose get quite challangeing the first goblin that attacked my settlement wiped out 3 or 4 gnomes before i even noticed i was not prepared at all and it was only 1 goblin

Last edited by Heagar; Sep 29, 2012 @ 12:10pm
lonewolf Sep 30, 2012 @ 4:25pm 
i dont know much about this game quite yet and ive never played dwarf fortress. its just for the multy player aspect of the game should be like an rts because right in the middle you cant just pause the game to pre select orders for your gnomes and if i had any money ide by the game but i just got borderlands 2, thanks for letting me know about some of the stuff i didnt know and last but not least put some of your ideas on the board so we can descuss them thx.
GodslayerIV Oct 4, 2012 @ 4:59pm 
streamline interface make it a little easier to understand. and how would goverment
work
Peristarkawan Oct 7, 2012 @ 1:20am 
The game needs some more innovation to get my thumbs up. As it stands, everything that I see in the demo is taken more or less straight out of Dwarf Fortress. The only major additions are the fancy isometric graphics and the mouse-oriented UI. Give this title some distinctive gameplay elements that will make it stand out on its own. Until then...meh, I've already played this game, and it was free.
Last edited by Peristarkawan; Oct 7, 2012 @ 1:21am
dogsonofawolf Oct 8, 2012 @ 9:41pm 
Originally posted by Peristarkawan:
The game needs some more innovation to get my thumbs up. As it stands, everything that I see in the demo is taken more or less straight out of Dwarf Fortress. The only major additions are the fancy isometric graphics and the mouse-oriented UI. Give this title some distinctive gameplay elements that will make it stand out on its own. Until then...meh, I've already played this game, and it was free.
See where you're coming from, though I'm certainly willing to pay $8 for Dwarf Fortress with a sane UI. I'm not saying that DF isn't an astounding work of game development, but the interface is pretty indisputably awful. I love the idea, but not a fan of painstaking keyboard navigation and hunting for what keys scroll the help menu. That the graphics are pretty is a nice bonus.

But yeah, still just in alpha, give it some time to flesh out.
Sir Eyeball Oct 15, 2012 @ 4:04pm 
I for one has never been a fan of the blocky graphics (I didn't much care for them on the c 64 either) so for me to get interested I would like smoother graphics. I know it has nothing to do with gameplay but it certainly helps with immersion. I also play a lot of Paradox games so the graphics doesn't have to be wonderful just a step up from the 80's would be nice.
Last edited by Sir Eyeball; Oct 15, 2012 @ 4:04pm
dogsonofawolf Oct 15, 2012 @ 5:42pm 
Originally posted by Sir Eyeball:
I for one has never been a fan of the blocky graphics (I didn't much care for them on the c 64 either) so for me to get interested I would like smoother graphics. I know it has nothing to do with gameplay but it certainly helps with immersion. I also play a lot of Paradox games so the graphics doesn't have to be wonderful just a step up from the 80's would be nice.
Heh, relative to Dwarf Fortress, these graphics are pretty bleeding edge. I understand though. I believe it's already possible to make texture packs, so there's some hope of having more choices. There are few or no packs I've actually seen though, so it may not be practical yet. I imagine there will be aternatives at some point.
Last edited by dogsonofawolf; Oct 15, 2012 @ 5:42pm
The Circumcisor Oct 15, 2012 @ 11:45pm 
Unrelated, i think you should be able to deny gnomes from coming into your kingdom because after being a few seasons into the game i have a large supply of gnomes and just managing simply tasks is very difficult. Also it would be a cool feature to allow enemy or friendly gnome kingdoms to start appearing near you. Just some of my thoughts, if anyone cares.
Last edited by The Circumcisor; Oct 15, 2012 @ 11:46pm
cainiao Oct 16, 2012 @ 9:36am 
Originally posted by dogsonofawolf:
Originally posted by Sir Eyeball:
Heh, relative to Dwarf Fortress, these graphics are pretty bleeding edge. I understand though. I believe it's already possible to make texture packs, so there's some hope of having more choices. There are few or no packs I've actually seen though, so it may not be practical yet. I imagine there will be aternatives at some point.
Guess you never tried The Stonesense, a third party visualizer that lets you view your Dwarf Fortress world in a classic isometric perspective.
cainiao Oct 16, 2012 @ 9:36am 
I dont know if i can insert any image into this, trying:
http://tnypic.net/792c2.png
It seems doesnt work at all.
Last edited by cainiao; Oct 16, 2012 @ 9:38am
Kupiakos Oct 24, 2012 @ 3:12pm 
Linux support. Please.
Daidith Nov 4, 2012 @ 2:42pm 
I really want the backround to be like stoneish not just so... blank
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50