¡Este juego está ahora disponible en Steam!

Gracias por ayudar a que este juego sea seleccionado para su distribución en Steam. Abajo puedes encontrar más información, incluyendo un enlace a la tienda de Steam.

Gnomoria
lifeinpyrovision 24 de Sep, 2012 a las 17:33
The Greenlight on the Greenlight - Something to make this game better
I would like a Age of Empires exploring interface. The idea is that gnomes must "explore the map" and unexplored territory is pure black. When a gnome moves into uncharted land a certain radius is revealed. When a gnome moves then away that area becomes dark, but visible. This shade map is left how it last was, so if for some reason something happened, you would not be able to see it.Then you can only see the current map if a gnome or structure is placed there.

-Civ

This was a previous comment I made. I would defintly buy this game with this incorperated. Anybody agree?
Mostrando 1-8 de 8 comentarios
< >
Clalle 25 de Sep, 2012 a las 4:03 
I don't think this would work. considering how you don't directly controll gnomes in any way exploring would be very though unless you would be able to assign gnomes as explorers, and no one wants to send of their gnomes exploring for atleast the first in-game month since you always have so much to do. underground it would just be pointless because you make all the tunnels yourself at the moment. Mabye it could be implemented in the future on a bigger scale, like if you would be able of exploring whole lands but the way AOE's FOW work probably wouldn't be the way to go.
[Bushido] Aldon0 25 de Sep, 2012 a las 20:05 
It's a good consideration.
However, you could simply say that the gnomes just scouted the above ground level upon arrival, or that they can pretty much see it all from where they are.
lonewolf 26 de Sep, 2012 a las 17:44 
well its a good idea but the place that they could see would have to be prity good to pe-prepare there move ments
lonewolf 26 de Sep, 2012 a las 17:46 
sorry about the bad spelling *pre-prepare, *pritty
dogsonofawolf 29 de Sep, 2012 a las 8:24 
Publicado originalmente por spencer8s:
I would like a Age of Empires exploring interface. The idea is that gnomes must "explore the map" and unexplored territory is pure black. When a gnome moves into uncharted land a certain radius is revealed. When a gnome moves then away that area becomes dark, but visible. This shade map is left how it last was, so if for some reason something happened, you would not be able to see it.Then you can only see the current map if a gnome or structure is placed there.

-Civ

This was a previous comment I made. I would defintly buy this game with this incorperated. Anybody agree?
I see where you're coming from, but the current implementation mimicks the convention of Dwarf Fortress, the primary inspiration for this game. Sometihng like this would significantly distance Gnomoria from its roots; it's much more appropriate in AoE than it is here.

In addtion, this is kind of already done with mining. You start being able to see the entire map on the surface, but the surface isn't the part of the map that dwar- I mean gnomes are interested in exploring. You still don't know the layout of the underground is, which is where most of your exploring happens.
Heagar 29 de Sep, 2012 a las 12:21 
not to mention the fact that when you first start if you had a fog of war you will have to chop down a random tree far from the town center witch is set before genaration. just to get sight on an area to set up base and you never start in the location you plan to build anything. every map is randomly genarated so why restrict you from seeing what you need to build your thriveing town

in AOE you have premade maps with spawn set in the same set locations every time you start witch makes the use of fog of war usefull as the only thing thats gonna be differnt are the troop placement of your enemey
Última edición por Heagar; 29 de Sep, 2012 a las 12:23
City Builder 4 de Oct, 2012 a las 16:37 
Think of the player as king Gnome, and he places markers that tell the gnomes to go out exploring, that would be one way of accomplishing this.
skreyola 13 de Nov, 2012 a las 8:31 
A fog of war (beyond what already exists in the mines) would be a huge difficulty to overcome, given that careful planning is needed from the very first day to get ready for enemies and exhaustion. Having to cajole the gnomes into exploring the whole map surface would be extremely frustrating. I like the idea that the gnomes already searched out the land before deciding to settle there.
Some players already complain about having to hunt for metal veins. Imagine how much cry there would be if they also had to hunt for wood, food, and fiber.
Also, at night, there is a fog of war, and you can't see enemies/animals unless you place torches.
Última edición por skreyola; 13 de Nov, 2012 a las 8:33
Mostrando 1-8 de 8 comentarios
< >
Por página: 15 30 50