This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Gnomoria
tarcash Dec 4, 2012 @ 5:44pm
Is this a ripoff?
This looks just like dwarf fortress, right down to the way the game plays. Are you sure you didn't rip off that game, or the code?
Showing 1-15 of 71 comments
< >
Tegga21 Dec 4, 2012 @ 10:41pm 
Gnomoria's UI doesn't hate you and want you to die
Last edited by Tegga21; Dec 4, 2012 @ 10:42pm
pedrofrancab Dec 5, 2012 @ 12:41pm 
play the demo at desura. it is not a rip off
Postius Dec 6, 2012 @ 9:02am 
I would call it a clone, with a less than hellish interface that eats you alive or is trying to.
Zerkuron Dec 6, 2012 @ 5:35pm 
I also say this one is more a clone than a rip off. It is in a way the little sister with beginner friendlier UI and another more casual taste. Also it makes some things better than DF, besides the UI, but it is yours to find out. It is worth a try or two.

Like usual it is all my personal Opinion.
Last edited by Zerkuron; Dec 6, 2012 @ 5:35pm
CobraHands Dec 6, 2012 @ 9:07pm 
yes i too thought of DF, but this looks more appealing for me.
Padawan Dec 7, 2012 @ 3:10am 
It's really simplier than DF. A lot of features are missing. As Zerkuron said, it's more a "friendly user - casual clone of DF"
Critical Failure Dec 8, 2012 @ 6:20pm 
I bought this game off of Indie Game Stand when it was on sale. I can confirm that dispite having some similarities to other games, it is infact baller.
Aedruk Dec 12, 2012 @ 7:35pm 
"This looks just like dwarf fortress" does it now..?
Xanthan Dec 14, 2012 @ 2:15pm 
It's more like DFs younger, less sadistic brother.
Kiros Dec 15, 2012 @ 7:23am 
regardless of the word rip-off or clone or whatever, gamers need a game like this because it is more accessible than DF. show DF to most ppl and they will be like WTF... but this takes the great idea of DF and takes it in another direction where more casual players can get into it.
Vastin Dec 17, 2012 @ 7:03pm 
Any game that can capture some of the gameplay of DF without bringing the interface along is a huge step forward, not a clone.
pdSlooper Dec 18, 2012 @ 10:29am 
I've seen a lot of ridiculous "This is just like game X" claims in my time (as if being "just like" another awesome, popular game is somehow a bad thing)...

...but "Are you SURE Gnomoria didn't just take Dwarf Fortress's code?" takes the great towering cake of dumb.
Crooshka Dec 19, 2012 @ 6:30pm 
Unlike Dwarf Fortress, this game actually looks like it's fun to learn how to play it.
Pale Jan 1, 2013 @ 9:09pm 
Originally posted by pdSlooper:
I've seen a lot of ridiculous "This is just like game X" claims in my time (as if being "just like" another awesome, popular game is somehow a bad thing)...

...but "Are you SURE Gnomoria didn't just take Dwarf Fortress's code?" takes the great towering cake of dumb.
If your going to quote something quote it correctly
Pale Jan 1, 2013 @ 9:10pm 
And i agree that even if it is like DF(which it is no doubt) DF needs work to start with, this seems like it's could apeal to more users
Showing 1-15 of 71 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50