This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Towns
Burningpet Sep 18, 2012 @ 9:21pm
Steam keys and a short FAQ
Hey,

First, i would like to thank everyone who voted for us and made towns coming to steam a reality!

Nice, Nice, Can i have my steam key now?

Towns is still an alpha game, therefor it can not be published on steam yet and since we can't generate steam keys for the game only until it's finished and published, those steam keys will have to wait.

Who gets the steam keys?

Everyone who buys the game from where ever, be it directly from our website, from Desura or from gamersgate.

When will the game get published?

We have a saying here at SMP, "develop develop develop, worry about other stuff later", this means that we want to have the best game when we publish it on steam, we want it with a lot more content, polished and have more features depth than now. so basically, when we feel its ready. if you want a very very general timeline that we by no means plan to abide to, i would estimate it to be between a couple of months to half a year. but, we have entered the domain of Valve. time plays differently here, i can already feel the space-time continuation being stretched and bent, those Salvador Dali clocks? they were probably an aperture labs experiment.

At least give me free hats!?

Well, as with the keys, those will have to wait when we get published and tie those hats to in game achievements of some sort (ie - craft 10 badger hats in Towns, unlock a badger hat for TF2).

So, if use Linux or Mac, can i play the game?

Yes! Linux and Mac support was already in from the start and will continue to be so. you can already run the game on either of them.

TLDR - the Steam keys will be given to anyone who bought the game from any source, and will be delivered when the game gets published on steam.
Last edited by Burningpet; Sep 21, 2012 @ 2:43am
Showing 1-15 of 71 comments
< >
Alorty Sep 18, 2012 @ 10:38pm 
Awesome! I am incredibly happy to see this game come to Steam, and I wish you luck in the coming months!
Basil man Sep 19, 2012 @ 9:37am 
This will end goodly!
Rinyuu Sep 19, 2012 @ 12:02pm 
I bought the game off of IndieRoyal, how will that be delivered? Via email or allowing the key to be generated on the IndieRoyal site?
TheDude1972 Sep 20, 2012 @ 4:02am 
Already own and love it. can't wait to add it to my library!
MachJacob Sep 20, 2012 @ 8:49am 
Aw... I will have to wait... Anyway, thanks for the info, much needed!
ApacheOwl Sep 20, 2012 @ 1:49pm 
So happy that this is coming to steam :D I'm just sorry that I didn't get here in time to vote :P
BennyNater5 Sep 20, 2012 @ 2:58pm 
this will make another great reason to use steam
rock on towns!!!!
AtomicToyRobot Sep 21, 2012 @ 7:50pm 
Bought this game off one of the Humble or Indie bundles was a blast glad to see it on steam.
Lexarne Sep 22, 2012 @ 4:33am 
spent many hours playing this game! its proper good fun! i have a good feeling about this being available on steam! =)
Shanodin Sep 22, 2012 @ 10:38am 
I can't wait to get my steam key :3
Shanodin Sep 22, 2012 @ 10:39am 
Oh, er, incidentally, will I have to do anything to get it or will it just turn up in my email inbox?
RainbowFire Sep 23, 2012 @ 5:59am 
Originally posted by Alorty:
Awesome! I am incredibly happy to see this game come to Steam, and I wish you luck in the coming months!
You said it for me
Heagar Sep 23, 2012 @ 8:28am 
Yay and i was this first 1% of the vote makes makes me vary happy
Tarticus Sparticus! Sep 23, 2012 @ 8:26pm 
Sooo... who do we need to contact to get the keys? Because I've yet to get an email for any of the actual game updates from the actual website itself
johnZINK Sep 23, 2012 @ 9:30pm 
Originally posted by Tarticus Sparticus!:
Sooo... who do we need to contact to get the keys? Because I've yet to get an email for any of the actual game updates from the actual website itself

They do not send out emails about the updates as far as I know!
You just need to check on their homepage ( www.townsgame.com ) once in a while and if there is a new version, simply open the email ( from BMT Micro Orders, I think ) you got when you bought it! The link in the email is always letting you download the newest version of Towns!

The game is not on Steam yet, so there are no keys you could get! ;)
But I am sure they will send out emails with Keys once they release it.

I hope that helped! ^^
Showing 1-15 of 71 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50