This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

ENYO ARCADE
.!.oO=DeV-ZoO=Oo.!.  [developer] Sep 21, 2012 @ 11:21am
Got any Questions?
Tell me about it. I am here =D
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
pipocaz Sep 23, 2012 @ 10:22am 
Hi.
It's nice too see a developer: artist . It can't be only programmers..lol
I have 2 questions.
1. In your last image I've recognized all the art & sound softwares you're using but i'm curious about what you're using to do the code. (if it's not a secret lol)
2. I would like to know a bit more about your workflow. You have chosen a pixel art style, but you're a 3d artist too. My guess is that you model the characters & assets , animate them and at last give them the pixel art look in photoshop, am I wrong?
Keep up the good work ;)
.!.oO=DeV-ZoO=Oo.!.  [developer] Sep 23, 2012 @ 2:40pm 
Thanks, yeah it is odd as visual artist making a game between all these ultimate brains. But artists have some tiny advantages too: we are tough in taking critique and have infinite demons that we tamed with a pencil to protect us from harm.

1. The code is AS3 (I see them haters coming =) I am using flixel as base, for me this was the best choice to get the job done and get a bigger picture of the whole "making games" thing. I am constantly asking my self if it is okay, but I will stand my ground with it. I always come back to this: Use whatever you feel comfortable with to get the work done. And this just works for me and what I wish to do. And I have tested lots of tool sets and will check out others for future projects too.

2. Some things are painted traditionally but most bigger props and characters with more advanced animations are done in 3D Studio Max and rendered with V-Ray, with my render setup I get the pixel style "out of the box" but I do retouch all stuff in a final run with PS.

Hope that helps and I don't have any "secrets" to hide because I've learnt by the openness of others and would be glad to give some of that back someday. And in the end: making a good game just comes down to hard work, no secrets ;)
Giant Cheeseburger Oct 20, 2012 @ 3:13pm 
Looks like you've done great work, but it just looks too shallow to be worth my time. I mean, I appreciate purely action type gameplay, but I don't notice any interesting abilities or sequences that would keep me looking forward to the next part
.!.oO=DeV-ZoO=Oo.!.  [developer] Nov 2, 2012 @ 2:30pm 
Thanks for your Input! I think it is up to the player to stretch the abilities. I'm just trying not to spoil it in the display. And I am working on making some cool sequences.
Thenojo2 Feb 9, 2013 @ 12:22pm 
give me a copy and I do a video of the game in spanish
.!.oO=DeV-ZoO=Oo.!.  [developer] Feb 11, 2013 @ 7:41pm 
Thanks for your interest! But the game isn't ready to be handed out yet, sorry.
Thenojo2 Feb 12, 2013 @ 5:30am 
ok when the game is ready give to my or a demo good luck!
Spagett Apr 22, 2013 @ 2:37pm 
Is there anything the game does to be new or interesting besides the simple objective of move-to-the-end-of-the-level? And in order for voters to find out, where is the demo?
.!.oO=DeV-ZoO=Oo.!.  [developer] Apr 22, 2013 @ 3:27pm 
Hey Spagett, thanks for asking! - The whole game is new and therefore interesting. It's kind of an artistic thrill trip with a unique dense atmosphere. Level progression surely is a common aspect if you strip any game down to the core I guess. I'm not focusing on one repetitive technique or common rules to achieve that goal though, if that is what you mean? There are a few different things to do in order to progress and different ways of manoeuvring through levels as well as different aspects to explore. The demo will be finished soon and first be handed out to the press and bloggers and as soon as interest ramps up I will make a public release. Hope that answers your questions?
Last edited by .!.oO=DeV-ZoO=Oo.!.; Apr 22, 2013 @ 3:28pm
.!.oO=DeV-ZoO=Oo.!.  [developer] Apr 22, 2013 @ 3:37pm 
To give out one small crumb... for instance there is a boat in the trailer, just when the tape rips at the end (0:39) for a little joyride.
Last edited by .!.oO=DeV-ZoO=Oo.!.; Apr 22, 2013 @ 3:38pm
Toushiro Hitsugaya Nov 7, 2013 @ 9:07pm 
nice :3
just shut up and take my money: D
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50