This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Kinetic Void
LumberingTroll  [developer] Sep 19, 2012 @ 6:55am
F.A.Q.
Q: Will there be multiplayer?
A: We are planning to have multiplayer however due to our budget and the size of our development team this will be a feature of our first full expansion.

Q: What operating system does KV run on?
A: We are developing on Unity3d, and will be deploying to Windows, OSX, and Linux.

Q: When will the game be out?
A: We are budgeted for a late December / early January 2013 release, if we do really well in Pre-orders we will extend this to allow more time for development and features

Q: Is there Newtonian flight?
A: We do have Newtonian flight, but only when the ships Kinetic Field is disabled. This has advantages, and disadvantages.

Q: is there mining?
A: Yes, mining will be an option for non combat gameplay.

Q: Is there planetary landies / enter atmosphere?
A: No, in order to make landing on planets worth it it would require much more time and a much larger team, also the ships are not designed for atmosphereic entry, instead all ships will interact with a station that is orbiting the planet.

Q: Can I control multiple ships, and or a fleet?
A: No the player only controls one ship, the game is about your choices in the galaxy, and yours alone.

Q: Is there full 3d flight? or is it on a 2d plane?
A: Kinetic Void is played in full 3d space

Q: Can I make a suggestion?
A: Absolutely! Feel free to make any suggestion you like, I can't guarantee we will use it, but I will read it for sure!

Q:Will Pre-Orders get a Steam key for Kinetic Void?
A: Yes I have confirmation that I will be able to provide keys for everyone that pre-orders though the official site.

I will update this thread as more questions seem suitable.
Last edited by LumberingTroll; Feb 26, 2013 @ 2:37pm
Showing 1-15 of 46 comments
< >
Itrade Sep 25, 2012 @ 3:13am 
Do ships in the galaxy travel in two dimensions or three?
LumberingTroll  [developer] Sep 25, 2012 @ 7:56am 
Right now there is a map that is used to jump between galaxies, this appears 2d, we plan to make it however that if you wanted you could fly between them, but it would take quite a while.
ItsDevin Sep 26, 2012 @ 5:46am 
im not sure allowing people to fly between galaxies would be a great Idea .. I could see some people getting angry if they got lost or traped in a 1 - X hr flight time .. naturally a WayPoint / Warp too option would be the best solution ..
Im not sure if you were planning on using warp gates or just WayPoint warps.
LumberingTroll  [developer] Sep 26, 2012 @ 8:17am 
We have plans for things between systems, like hiddem pirate bases. and you will always be able to open your jump map and go to the nearest sector.
Peristarkawan Oct 7, 2012 @ 1:43am 
What does "pseudo Newtonian" mean?
LumberingTroll  [developer] Oct 7, 2012 @ 11:25am 
Originally posted by Peristarkawan:
What does "pseudo Newtonian" mean?

full actual newtonian physics is not really a possibility, due to the calculations needed and the fact that not everything will have gravitational effects (no game has ever done it 100% Newtonian) In KV, while in newtonian mode the ship has no drag, and its handeling is based on its mass, velocity, and its thrust capabilities.

the ships in Kinetic Void use: Forward, Rear, Left, Right, Up, Down, Pitch, Yaw and Roll thrust.

I will have Harabeck reply with something a little more detailed if you are interested.
Last edited by LumberingTroll; Oct 7, 2012 @ 11:27am
[CO] hotmailcompany52 Oct 14, 2012 @ 5:59am 
How much will this be?
LumberingTroll  [developer] Oct 14, 2012 @ 7:52am 
Pre order right now is $20, we plan to raise it to $30 after launch.
jmlop0 Oct 14, 2012 @ 10:08am 
Is a beta possable?
LumberingTroll  [developer] Oct 14, 2012 @ 2:44pm 
people who pre-order will get access to our alpha as soon as we have it ready.
Manny Oct 20, 2012 @ 9:05am 
Is there a rough estimate on when this game would be available for pre-orderers to have a first look at it, be it alpha, beta, or any other fancy Greek letter? :)
LumberingTroll  [developer] Oct 20, 2012 @ 9:11am 
Pre-ordering is available now, on our site www.KineticVoid.com and we hope to have an alpha build ready soon. (within the month hopefuly)
costi Oct 23, 2012 @ 2:20am 
Will the game feature some kind of storyline, or is it a pure sandbox?
LumberingTroll  [developer] Oct 23, 2012 @ 5:54am 
Originally posted by costi:

Pure sandbox, because of how each time a new game everything is randomized a storyline would not be possible, you cannot even rely on which factions will be in your game, what the sectors will be like nor how the factions feel about each other.
Tuxu ..JeepC.. Oct 24, 2012 @ 1:16am 
Originally posted by LumberingTroll:
Originally posted by costi:

Pure sandbox, because of how each time a new game everything is randomized a storyline would not be possible, you cannot even rely on which factions will be in your game, what the sectors will be like nor how the factions feel about each other.

I've played the demo from your website when you were only selling through kickstarter and thought it was an interesting start.
I have some questions though:

1. Can you at least have *some* capacity to save your game and efforts?!

I, for once, get attached to a game world around me and like to be immersed into it even if it doesn't have a "story" or a plot of any sort...

Take Civilization for an instance - it doesn't have a plot but politicts, military might and player driven goals have made the series into a giant gaming phenomenon althogh modders had a little something or two to do with it as well... ;)

2. once you've made your ship and happy with it - How does your game different\similar to the X3 series?

can you command an armada or just one ship? can you call in the "big guns"(dreadnoughts carriers\battleships) for help while you pilot a corvette or a fighter?

3. How deep is the interaction system with ingame npc's? Might the word "politics" in relation to this game is a facade to a "red\green on my radar" mentality or is there something deeper then that? I don't mean to disrespect, both systems are fine by me however i want to know what this game might have at the end.
Showing 1-15 of 46 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50