This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

No Time To Explain
Rory Nov 19, 2012 @ 3:14pm
360 controller support
Hey, I was wondering if there are any plans for 360 controller support in the steam version?
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
tinyBuild  [developer] Nov 20, 2012 @ 7:20am 
We've played around with the idea and it was possible to add controller support -- unsure if the 360 controller specifically is supported.

If enough people request the feature we can try to implement it :)
Hugh Jazz Dec 15, 2012 @ 4:03am 
Controller support is really the main thing this game needs, in my opinion. Controller support would enable a pass-the-controller experience which would be really fun for the more difficult levels and it would allow for a better progression of player-skill. The only problem I can see would be the characters where you don't just aim in a direction but at a specific spot. They would need to have some type of modified control scheme for the controller where you're not just controlling the reticule with the right stick(which is ♥♥♥♥ed, naturally). Either way, I'm totally stoked to see this coming onto Steam after all this time.
Nox13last Jan 5, 2013 @ 11:17pm 
I agree with the idea of controller support wholeheartedly. I operate a lot of my computer with an Xbox Controller because I sit on my bed and the mouse barely works. I'm excited about this game, but the only concern I have is that I won't be able to play it. And I won't buy something I have no hope of being able to play.
I would suggest having the controller scheme operating on the basis of something like Geometry Wars (where the right-stick both aims and -possibly- fires, and the left stick controls the onscreen character).
Naturally, it would make aiming at specific things more difficult, and the keyboard+mouse Aryans would no doubt kick a stink up about it, but that's what happens. This game looks like it'd be easy to make controller-friendly. I'm not sure where the hang-up would be.
Last edited by Nox13last; Jan 5, 2013 @ 11:17pm
Hugh Jazz Jan 6, 2013 @ 12:13am 
As far as I can remember, the hang-up could be the aiming of the insane asylum character where you need to aim at specific points on the screen. I'm sure a reticle relative to the character could be implemented, but I'm unsure of how well.
Nox13last Jan 6, 2013 @ 1:32am 
Originally posted by Hugh Jazz:
As far as I can remember, the hang-up could be the aiming of the insane asylum character where you need to aim at specific points on the screen. I'm sure a reticle relative to the character could be implemented, but I'm unsure of how well.
Maybe a laser-sight like on the Worms games?
pacifica112 Jan 11, 2013 @ 3:41pm 
I'd recommend a control scheme along the lines of stick 1 moves character, and stick 2 aims weapon and shoots simultaneously. I'd buy it again for controller support. haha
craneology Jan 17, 2013 @ 9:39pm 
I specifically look for games with controller support on Steam. Gets my vote!
Author X Jan 21, 2013 @ 10:18am 
I would love controller support. It would resolve what I remember being a significant annoyance when I played the original release, which was trying to aim down, to boost up, when I was already on the bottom of the screen (or when hitting the top of the screen and the character jumping to the bottom). "real" fullscreen helps a lot with that problem, but dual-analog controls would remove it completely.
Rekzai Jan 25, 2013 @ 7:33pm 
Please add Xbox360 controller support!!
Nox13last Jan 26, 2013 @ 6:42pm 
I notice that it has been released. Shame about the lack of controller support.
I'll keep an eye out. The moment I see that icon, I'll buy this game. Not a second earlier.
Darius Horsham Jan 27, 2013 @ 1:59am 
lack of controller support is the only thing holding me back too
Nox13last Jan 27, 2013 @ 8:54am 
Originally posted by tinyBuild:
If enough people request the feature we can try to implement it :)
I'm fairly sure that, for as few people who use Steam Discussions, that this is a pretty big turn-out for people who want to see controller support added. So why the lack of feedback?
This isn't going to devolve into Capcom antics, where thousands of players show approval and it turns out to "not be enough", will it? You already said it was completely plausible.
Last edited by Nox13last; Jan 27, 2013 @ 9:03am
Hugh Jazz Jan 28, 2013 @ 9:53am 
Had the game been running on Adobe AIR it would've been possible(I believe fairly easily) to implement, but as it's just running on Flash there's no saying how much of a hassle it'd be or if it even is strictly possible.

I'm thinking we won't see controller support as it might demand a level of programming the developer might not be comfortable with(having mostly a Flash background), if it turns out to require reading USB device signatures, input streams and whatnot.
Nox13last Jan 28, 2013 @ 2:06pm 
I'm thinking we won't see controller support as it might demand a level of programming the developer might not be comfortable with(having mostly a Flash background), if it turns out to require reading USB device signatures, input streams and whatnot.

We've played around with the idea and it was possible to add controller support

This quote is relevant because of the present participle pronoun "We've" and the past verb "played". I take this to mean "We have *recently* played around with the idea".
Unfortunately, Tinybuild is not being forthcoming at all, so I don't know if this is actually the case.
Last edited by Nox13last; Jan 28, 2013 @ 2:23pm
Hugh Jazz Jan 29, 2013 @ 7:29am 
Originally posted by Nox13last:

We've played around with the idea and it was possible to add controller support

This quote is relevant because of the present participle pronoun "We've" and the past verb "played". I take this to mean "We have *recently* played around with the idea".
Unfortunately, Tinybuild is not being forthcoming at all, so I don't know if this is actually the case.

I actually asked the guy myself since I was aware of controller support being available for AIR applications, and he said that - because of performance reasons - they had to migrate back to just running off of Flash, thus invalidating the prior statement that controller-support was possible.

Asked and answered, sadly.

[EDIT] To be clear, I knew this when I wrote my earlier response, but wasn't sure I wanted to put words in the developer's mouth(who seems to be a totally stand-up guy, by the way). I also have no doubts that implementing controller support for a Flash game is possible, I'm just doubting it's worth it for someone with little experience with such things to actually figure out and do for a game this old. Hopefully the Steam release has garnered enough new sales to make that work worthwhile, but honestly I think that's a slim chance.
Last edited by Hugh Jazz; Jan 29, 2013 @ 7:34am
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50