This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

No Time To Explain
Alex@tinyBuild  [developer] Nov 30, 2012 @ 8:35am
Post your wishlist and buglist here
Hi guys. We've been Greenlit!

All thanks to the support of our amazing community.

Can you please post the stuff you would DEFINITELY want fixed in NTTE (if you played the previous version) and in general stuff you'd want to see in the game?

How important are achievements?

What kind of achievements?

Should we focus on Mac, Linux for this ultimate version?
Showing 1-15 of 38 comments
< >
Bite Nov 30, 2012 @ 8:51am 
Achievemnts are a nice compliment, but not the kind of achievements that you get for just turning on the game, I'd be looking forward for achievements that go along the lines of trial and error (like the rest of the game lol), like pulling of certain stunts, beating levels in time, etc, I dunno, challenging achievements IMO, kind of like the ones from Super Meat Boy.
tombrien Nov 30, 2012 @ 8:51am 
Hey don't forget to mention I went back to it for a fortnight before we got greenlit, ya jerk!
Things I've bin doing recently:

Better animation and sound added to the default beam
Identified and removed what caused the music to sometimes play over itself
Added a flame-step trail when you're on fire and re-made other fire animations to look better.
Rounded up which levels had the lowest framerates and fixed em.
Improved background art in some levels and bosses, added a toggle for the screaming guy, re-made some time-portal animations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MslKKcQ9aAk etc. etc. etc. and more!

If you guys have any ideas for achievements though, we're about to get the Steam API so this'll be the first time we'll have those.
tombrien Nov 30, 2012 @ 8:56am 
Originally posted by Bite:
Achievemnts are a nice compliment, but not the kind of achievements that you get for just turning on the game, I'd be looking forward for achievements that go along the lines of trial and error (like the rest of the game lol), like pulling of certain stunts, beating levels in time, etc, I dunno, challenging achievements IMO, kind of like the ones from Super Meat Boy.

Yea my favourite achievement was going through Ravenholm without firing a weapon in Half Life 2, cos it made you re-play the same section in a weird, goofy way. That's what the hats are about in this game, they're in places that encourage you to learn silly tricks.
Alo81 Nov 30, 2012 @ 12:00pm 
Give us an HD texture pack.
Barefoot Monkey Dec 1, 2012 @ 5:11am 
I'm not too concerned about achievements personally (although an achievement for each hat you find would be good, since the hats are a perfect example of the sort challenge that achievements should represent). What I'd like most is for that input buffer or whatever you use to be properly flushed each frame - it's difficult to play when every now and then you have to let go the keyboard and wait for the game to play itself for ~30 seconds. Other than that, performance improvements would be very welcome, and it would be nice to be able to press 1 key (maybe Tab) to switch instantly between the game and the hats screen.
That Other Guy Dec 2, 2012 @ 11:58am 
I wouldn't make an achievement for finding every single hat. Perhaps finding your first hat, or finding them all, but not every single one individually. That would kind of water down the challenge, in my opinion. A Portal reference to the cake would be pretty funny.

In terms of Bug Fixes, I noticed that in the Combined S1+S2 version of NTTE, there is a bug in the Ice Cream & Candy World where the snow does not fall as it does in the standalone S2 version. Also, in S1+S2, after you save Future You from the giant crab, the music doesn't stop playing and Future You doesn't say, in a raspy voice, "Save... the future..." which I always thought was a pretty funny line, especially when I first played the original single-level build years ago. Which reminds me, I have played the full S1+S2 version of the game quite a bit, but not once have I ever heard Future You scream out "I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO DANCE AGAIN, MA! NEVER AGAI-HA-HAIN!", as he does in the original single-level version. You have GOT to find that sound file and place it into this version of the game as well, because that line is damn funny.

There are lots of other bugs and things that I will probably tell you about in the future, though I imagine you've probably addressed most of them, but these are the ones that stick out to me the most at the moment. I hope to post the rest of my bug/wish list as soon as I have a better time to do so.

Again, congratulations on getting Greenlit!
Last edited by That Other Guy; Dec 2, 2012 @ 12:06pm
Zucku Dec 4, 2012 @ 2:17am 
Not really any achievments that i desire.

However. When i played through the game last early february or something. The screaming guy stopped being there midway through season one. Which was a real shame since that was half the fun of the game, and i want more screaming guy.
Timerider Dec 4, 2012 @ 1:20pm 
I'd say a Mac version would be nice, even though I'd still probably play it under Windows.
Ewig Custos Dec 7, 2012 @ 3:13am 
Yeah, I would definitely like to see more of the screaming guy. For example, when our hero is on fire/having an acid burn, he really could have screamed. Not "RIBS-IN-EYES", but still, it is rather painful.
Oh, and achievement for defeating the final boss of S1 at the first try.
That Other Guy Dec 7, 2012 @ 8:58am 
I suddenly realized: No one has said anything about the custom level-building system!! Will that be included in the final Steam release??
Ewig Custos Dec 7, 2012 @ 11:06am 
Like Steam Workshop or something? That'd be really nice, yeah.
Lumen Dec 7, 2012 @ 11:43am 
Just adding my support for a Linux version.
Timerider Dec 10, 2012 @ 4:27pm 
Not a request about the game itself, but you should sell posters of the fake retro boxart. I'd buy one.
NoPizza Dec 14, 2012 @ 4:09am 
PLEASE focus on Mac <3
And achievements are very important for some players to play a game over and over, and it feels awesome to get a secret or something and achieve it c:
That Other Guy Dec 14, 2012 @ 8:51am 
I agree with Timerider. I've wanted one of those posters since they day I saw them.
Showing 1-15 of 38 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50