Ce jeu est maintenant disponible sur Steam !

Merci d'avoir aidé ce jeu à être distribué sur Steam. De plus amples informations ainsi qu'un lien vers la page du magasin Steam sont disponibles ci-dessous.

Anodyne (available now!)
seagaia  [développeur] 7 oct 2012 à 11h08
Ask the devs anything!
Whatever you want to know at all! Barring spoilers...
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 107
< >
Skilledbandit08 12 oct 2012 à 13h17 
I love 8 bit games and especially dungeon type one's like zelda. Will this game have replayability, like things you can do differently a second time around? Or , you beat one world and unlock another type thing? The whole light world, dark world thing has kinda been done over and over again but I like playing mirrored worlds. A whole other land is fun to me because it's different enough to not feel like i'm just replaying the exact same thing. The Card collection thing will defintely give players a fun little thing to do which will extend play time. So if there are plenty of side quests that keep you occupied 1 play through might be enough and keep others and I coming back to play it over and over again.
Dernière modification de Skilledbandit08; 12 oct 2012 à 13h18
seagaia  [développeur] 13 oct 2012 à 0h06 
hmmmm...there isn't so much replayability in terms of side quests...part of the replay value, I feel, is being able to play trough the game again and take in the aesthetics more - we put a lot of thought into them!

in a way, there are lands you unlock throught he game - so you do sort of disocver no lands as you progress!
Skilledbandit08 13 oct 2012 à 17h31 
Yeah I appreciate all the hard work you've been putting into the game, the demo was fun and looked really good. I will definitely be playing the game more than once. I thought it was cool that you started a discussion, I was suprised no one else had asked anything, but I like that you're really open to taking to your players.
With the amount of portal doors you guys had that you could see in the demo but no access yet to, definitely shows all the areas/lands you're talking about. I like the pictures of the area's you've been working on that I saw on indiedb.com .

Thanks for all your hard work :) !
Dernière modification de Skilledbandit08; 13 oct 2012 à 21h26
rancor101 16 oct 2012 à 19h48 
I recently saw your game on indiedb and I then watched your talk about the game on youtube and was extremely impressed and inspired. I have always wanted to create my own games I am also a programmer currently in my final year of college and just wanted some advice on how to get started actually creating a game. And also what inspires you to create the music for the game as I am also interested in sound design?
seagaia  [développeur] 17 oct 2012 à 11h47 
thanks, rancor101. my advice would be to start with a very small project - if you don't have any ideas, clone some basic games (minesweeper, snake, etc). In any case, make sure it's small - and use something you're comfortable programming with or is easy to start - I recommend Flixel. It's ideal for the majority of basic 2D games and you can actually get your hands dirty making the game rather than dealing witha lot of programming boilerplate, which is mportant when starting out - I think it's better to make games than get caught up with tons of programming.

As for the music, I get inspiration from a lot of things - various random music, things outside, pictures, etc - anything that can relate to the certain mood I'm trying to convey through the song.

It also goes without saying that it'll be a lot of hard work and not always fun when making games, so make sure to stick it out.

good luck!
Dernière modification de seagaia; 17 oct 2012 à 11h47
rancor101 17 oct 2012 à 13h36 
Thanks a lot seagaia, I picked up Unity3D and have been messing around with it, I'm currently starting to make pong at the moment. Also how would you recommend finding a partner to work with because I'm not very skilled artistically at the moment?
seagaia  [développeur] 17 oct 2012 à 15h36 
Finding a partner...to be honest, I think the best bet is to try and find someone in real life who could be interested. There's always the internet, but then you don't have that human connection which can sort of act as passive guilt to keep them working on the project.

talk to some of your RL friends and see who has an artist friend...maybe ask them and see if they'd be interseted in doing some art. It might take a while to find someone but it's a good start. Then if you do a small thing with them or at least get to know them, they likely have more artist friends, and so forth!

If you want to go the internet route, best bet is to join a forum, become an active member and then ask to see if anyone wants to help out - but before you do this finish a few smal thingson your own, just to prove that you are capable of seeing projects to the end!
rancor101 20 oct 2012 à 18h34 
Thanks for the advice it's much appreciated. I'm ready to make games and I will be following the progress of your game. By the way which blog do you update most frequently so I can stay up to date on the games progress?
seagaia  [développeur] 20 oct 2012 à 19h12 
awesome, thanks! and good luck.

I post a ton to my TIGSource devlog - usually daily with a brief summary of what i accomplished. that's at http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=26260.0

for bigger news posts, IndieDB - I try to do it once a week. that's indiedb.com/games/anodyne

other stuff goes to seagaia.wordpress.com but that's more for large design/technical explanations and I don't update it often because I'm so busy with the game!
Yawgmoth 14 nov 2012 à 2h22 
Do you think you can realistically hit a December 2012 release date? I fear also that your game will get overshadowed by all of the AAA companies rushing to flog their crap for the season. What are your thoughts?

Also, whats your favourite 2D Zelda?
seagaia  [développeur] 14 nov 2012 à 9h13 
Mr Popo a écrit :
Do you think you can realistically hit a December 2012 release date? I fear also that your game will get overshadowed by all of the AAA companies rushing to flog their crap for the season. What are your thoughts?

Also, whats your favourite 2D Zelda?

I think if I really crunched to all hell then yes it would be possible. In all honesty there isn't that much left to do. But I would need some time for polish that will inevitably be needed.

However, I get the feeling it is better to wait to January, even though I really want it out by 2012. In further support of this, my mom even says she thinks it's a better idea to wait till January, and my mom actually tends to be right about things whether I like it or not :)

I'm basically going to pretend we're getting it out by December 15th, i.e., go into deathmarch mode even though I have school (♥♥♥♥ school!), and then probably spend a few weeks after polishing...the game deserves it. Plus I do think it would be overshadowed by all the sales releases etc in December. And then *poof* it'll be out in January.

Thanks for asking!

As for my favorite 2D Zelda: I think it's Link's Awakening. It's tragically flawed in a few ways design-wise, but that's so much from it's age. June 1993! That's old as ♥♥♥♥! (For a game..)

The idea of trying to make it to this egg on a mountain is quite pretty, the lines of the bosses after dying are very unsettling, and there's just the right lack of human interaction in the game to make things sort of creepy...sort of magical. That being said, it's definitely not perfect, I mean the reason why Link is in this dream island is sort of lame "He got hit by a storm and somehow didn't drown!", some of the required side quests are totally lame, lots of items quickly feel vestigial...BUT I like it the most.

After that it would be Oracle of Seasons/Ages, Link to the Past, Zelda 1, Minish Cap, Four Swords Adventures for Gamecube. I have not played through any of those except LA and OoA in the past few years, though, so perhaps that order would change.
Dernière modification de seagaia; 14 nov 2012 à 9h13
Nevon 18 nov 2012 à 12h36 
Why did you chose to make this in Air, seeing as how Adobe is slowly pulling support for it (it's already unsupported in Linux)? I don't know if you maybe started working on this a long time ago, but if it was a recent choice, it seems less than ideal.
seagaia  [développeur] 18 nov 2012 à 20h01 
I've only been programming games since last August, so I started with Flixel. I only really only had a few small games and a slightly larger one (Inspiration Dave) under my belt by March, which is when I started with Anodyne - AS3/Flixel is the language/framework I was most comfortable with. I then found they had AIR, which is why I'm using it, mostly out of convenience.

So, yes, it's definitely not ideal, esp. because Adobe's stuff is all proprietary, no Linux support. But that's just how it is, unfortunately! I have no plans to port the codebase since my time is very limited.

I do plan on moving to C++ after this, for performance and also for no yucky-closed-source stuff.

AS3 was just to get my feet wet with game programming, though I could have handled C++ from the start, it would have slowed down the "game making", so to speak. Now that I'm confident I can handle finishing a semi-big game, I'll make the jump.
CK.j2 4 fév 2013 à 19h40 
Any chance this will be ported to the 3DS/iOS/Android markets?
seagaia  [développeur] 4 fév 2013 à 19h58 
CK.j2 a écrit :
Any chance this will be ported to the 3DS/iOS/Android markets?

Once I get off my butt I'll look into getting it onto iOS and Android - I have a working Android port and just need to test on iOS (should be straightforward because we use Adobe AIR) - performance might be an issue though with lower-end-processors, but for most it should work! As for 3DS, not likely since that involves porting the entirecodebase (unless someone else does it and the whole deal seems financially viable)
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 107
< >
Par page : 15 30 50