Dette spil er nu tilgængeligt på Steam!

Tak for din hjælp med at få dette spil valgt til distribution via Steam. Mere information, inklusivt et link til butikssiden på Steam, kan findes nedenfor.

Contrast
Compulsion  [udvikler] 19. sep 2012 kl. 8:14am
Ask Me Anything (Developers of Contrast)
Hello everyone - nice to have a proper forum for discussions on Contrast. Feel free to ask us anything. We're open, honest and generally nice pancake eating people.
Sidst redigeret af Compulsion; 19. sep 2012 kl. 8:15am
Viser 1-15 af 147 kommentarer
< >
kings 19. sep 2012 kl. 9:38am 
I love puzzle games and I love interesting game mechanics. What game engine did you use? Did you have make modifications to implement the shadow mechanic?
Winckle 19. sep 2012 kl. 9:49am 
Do you have any games that inspired you for the story or the game mechanics? And how far are you in the development of the game?
Compulsion  [udvikler] 19. sep 2012 kl. 9:57am 
Oprindeligt skrevet af kings:
I love puzzle games and I love interesting game mechanics. What game engine did you use? Did you have make modifications to implement the shadow mechanic?
Hello kings - we use Unreal Engine 3 however it is heavily modified. We basically had to write a new physics integrator engine to work with our shadow casting mechanics.
Compulsion  [udvikler] 19. sep 2012 kl. 11:00am 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Winckle:
Do you have any games that inspired you for the story or the game mechanics? And how far are you in the development of the game?
Hi Winckle - we've been inspired by a select few games and movies for their clear influence in style, tone, story telling etc. For games we've drawn from Portal, Limbo and Bioshock and for movies our main influences are Dark City and Pans Labyrinth.

We are nearly complete with development - just finishing the last sections of the final level then we will spend a good amount of time polishing the game. Expect to see Contrast early in 2013 with a beta demo to the Steam community before we ship.
Sidst redigeret af Compulsion; 19. sep 2012 kl. 11:00am
cgngreenbadass007 19. sep 2012 kl. 11:54am 
Ok I like the concept and is it going to be semi-open like batman arkham city or batman arkham asylum. I am glad is not about saving the world. I also was wondering if is it free to play or do I need to fund the game.
Compulsion  [udvikler] 19. sep 2012 kl. 12:27pm 
Oprindeligt skrevet af cgngreenbadass007:
Ok I like the concept and is it going to be semi-open like batman arkham city or batman arkham asylum. I am glad is not about saving the world. I also was wondering if is it free to play or do I need to fund the game.
Yes, it is semi-open like Batman. You have choices about the order in which you may do some "puzzles/missions" but because we have a coherent storyline there are groups of puzzles/missions that lead to narrative bottlenecks.

The game is for purchase but our sales price is TBD.
Orangey 19. sep 2012 kl. 4:37pm 
How many hours will it take to complete the game?
OpCode90 19. sep 2012 kl. 6:14pm 
Hey Orangey!

We're a small team, so we don't have the pretension of making 40+ hour games that retail for 69.99$ :). We tackle projects on a scope that we think we can deliver a quality experience.

It is difficult to quantify exact time, since it depends on how quickly you understand all the different mechanics and concepts we introduce in the game; but my conservative estimate is about 6 to 7 hours of game time, perhaps a bit less if you are a 'pro' player and you are uninterested in completing optional puzzles/quests. It's about the same scope and complexity as the original Portal, but it has more diversity in its locations and visuals.

I hope that gives you a better understanding of the size of the game :).

Guillaume.
Kreatz 20. sep 2012 kl. 1:54pm 
First of all, I'd like to say that I really like what I've seen so far. I really like the setting and what I gleaned of the plot from the trailer. I would have liked to have seen a bit more gameplay in the trailer, but since you've promised to show off the gameplay more leading up to the release date, I'm happy with that.

One thing that caught my eye in the trailer was with the end, where the player character is platforming on the shadows of some important plot element going on in the real world. It occurred to me that if that was one of the primary plot-telling devices in the game, then that would be almost too good to be true. I was wondering if that was just wishful thinking on my part or if we can actually expect to be platforming on the storytelling while it's happening.
Orangey 20. sep 2012 kl. 6:59pm 
OpCode90,

Thank you very much for your answer, I guess I should have worded my qustion differently and asked for an estimate since looking back it seems like I am asking for an exact time. Still thank you for your answer, I have a feeling that the game will last me a bit longer since I'm pretty average when it comes to puzzle games and love to explore enviroments (so yes I will be doing optional puzzles/quests :P).

I look forward to this game. While I have never beaten the original Portal I have played and beaten Portal 2 more times than I can count. It might be short but the quality of that game just keeps me coming back to it. That's what I'm hoping from Contrast, a great quality game that I'll want to come back to.
Fureious 21. sep 2012 kl. 2:39am 
Hey, just 2 quick questions. The optional puzzles & quests, will they be accessed via a quest book or something of that manner or will you need to find them for yourselves?

Also, will the protagonist's back story (including her shadow powers) be explained in greater detail?
Compulsion  [udvikler] 21. sep 2012 kl. 7:45am 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Kreatz:

One thing that caught my eye in the trailer was with the end, where the player character is platforming on the shadows of some important plot element going on in the real world. It occurred to me that if that was one of the primary plot-telling devices in the game, then that would be almost too good to be true. I was wondering if that was just wishful thinking on my part or if we can actually expect to be platforming on the storytelling while it's happening.

Hello Kreatz, yes that is in fact an avenue we have explored. In the form that you see in the trailer it is exactly that, however with some interesting surprises... I won't reveal anything yet but it is a bit deeper than just running/jumping on those narrative shadows.

One thing we have seen in playtests however is that it is difficult for players to play and watch/hear the narrative at the same time. Most players can only do one thing at a time, which is normally what you would see in most video games. We are still evaluating that issue and making adjustments but rest assured the final product will still be super cool.

- Derek
Compulsion  [udvikler] 21. sep 2012 kl. 7:47am 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Fureious :3:
Hey, just 2 quick questions. The optional puzzles & quests, will they be accessed via a quest book or something of that manner or will you need to find them for yourselves?

Also, will the protagonist's back story (including her shadow powers) be explained in greater detail?

Hello Fureious, the answer to your first question is you will need to find them yourself. Most are easily visible but may take some thinking about how to get to (think of Riddler trophies in Batman or the Orbs in Crackdown) while some will be cleverly hidden to promote exploration in the game.

On your second question, YES! - We will have some reveals coming up shortly where we explain more elements of the story, characters and mystery.

- Derek
Sidst redigeret af Compulsion; 21. sep 2012 kl. 7:51am
Fureious 21. sep 2012 kl. 10:33am 
Also, i forgot to ask, what specs will be needed for the game?
Compulsion  [udvikler] 21. sep 2012 kl. 10:59am 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Fureious :3:
Also, i forgot to ask, what specs will be needed for the game?

We haven't yet fully defined the final specs and this will come into range as we do our optimizations on code/graphics etc. This is a normal procedure near the end of a project so we can see the full picture of our content in the engine. Our goal is to get the game to as many boxes as possible so to that extent we've examined all of the details of the hardware in the Steam Stats to see what our baseline client is. As a rough estimate if you fit in the top 80%-90% or so of the stat items you'll likely fall within our min-specs.

We also plan to release an option for low, mid, high, ultra-high spec settings so we can cover as much ground as possible.

- Derek
Viser 1-15 af 147 kommentarer
< >
Per side: 15 30 50