Эта игра уже доступна в Steam!

Спасибо, что помогли этой игре оказаться в магазине Steam. Более подробную информацию, включая ссылку на страницу в магазине, вы можете найти ниже.

Bleed
Lok 4 апр, 2013 в 13:19
mapping gamepad buttons
I just bought the game from the groupees bundle. It's really fun and speed, I love it. Just searching in options to remap the "jump" button on my xbox 360 gamepad and I can't find any remapping option. is there any way to do it ?
Последний раз отредактировал Lok; 4 апр, 2013 в 13:20
Показано 111 из 11 комментариев
< >
Izodius 16 мая, 2013 в 11:05 
I would absolutely kill to remap jump to A.
thenevernow 16 мая, 2013 в 12:49 
+1, I really like the game so far but the controls are just wrong! :)
Rafmagn 17 мая, 2013 в 8:26 
It would also be great if you could remap things to the mouse buttons.
[NVA]speed0r 31 мая, 2013 в 17:58 
ahm... am i able to play this game with my 6 button arcade stick?
thenevernow 31 мая, 2013 в 18:25 
Изначально опубликовано Rafmagn:

Do you really want to play this game with a mouse?
Rafmagn 1 июн, 2013 в 3:18 
Изначально опубликовано thenevernow:

Why not? It has analog aiming, and mice are good for that. The movement is digital though, so an Xbox 360 controller, what with its horrible d-pad, would suck. The PS3 controller seems like a decent compromise, but I don't like its ergonomics.
thenevernow 1 июн, 2013 в 6:55 
Изначально опубликовано thenevernow:

Why not? It has analog aiming, and mice are good for that. The movement is digital though, so an Xbox 360 controller, what with its horrible d-pad, would suck. The PS3 controller seems like a decent compromise, but I don't like its ergonomics.

Personally I only like mouse aiming in first person games, and I find it especially uncomfortable in 2D games like Bleed. I agree that the d-pad on the 360 controller is better left untouched, though. :)
White Devil  [Разработчик] 22 июн, 2013 в 10:08 
Okay! Sorry it took me so long to respond to this.

The controls in Bleed are very important to me, and the game was specifically designed to not be played with A as jump and X as shoot. It's my belief that if you give them a chance, you'll find the controls empowering and rewarding in no time!

...now, that said, if you really don't dig them, I respect that and I want you to be able to enjoy my game as much as possible, so I've settled on a compromise. The new version of the game will have an "old school controls" option in the save file. All you'll have to do is change it from "false" to "true" and it will enable A as jump, and X as shoot.

Hopefully you guys can consider that meeting you half-way! Let me know what you think, I'm open to feedback... just not to putting it as a straight-up option in the game. >_>
thenevernow 24 июн, 2013 в 6:11 
Thanks a lot for your reply!

I am absolutely in favor of creative freedom, and one could argue that in videogames, controls are part of that freedom. On the other hand, I really like the ability to customize controls in games, and being a lefty that's often crucial for me to truly enjoy them (this is not directly related to Bleed, though).
In addition to this, there's the muscle memory factor. After many years of playing certain types of games with a certain controller setup, I find it hard to fully adapt to a completely different one: during the first boss fight of Bleed, for example, I found myself hitting the right buttons half of the time and involuntarily switching to "old school controls" the other half. No need to say, the boss battle was longer than it should have been! :)

Would you mind telling us why you believe so strongly in the control scheme you picked for Bleed?

In conclusion: I think a truly fair compromise would be to have your control scheme as default and the "old school" one as an in-game alternative option, but I will take the save file configuration without complaining. :)

Do you have an ETA for the update? And again, thanks for listening!
White Devil  [Разработчик] 29 июн, 2013 в 13:28 
I don't mind discussing it some! Hopefully this isn't too long-winded. :)

When I made Bleed, one of the core criteria was that the player could move and attack independently, in all directions. I wanted the controls to be simple, too, so that you would have to move your hands barely, if at all, to play it. The control scheme was something I considered and worked on for a long time, and I believe what I decided on is the best way to check all those boxes, even if it is unfamiliar.

Since the controls came first, the game is designed to make full use of the freedom they're meant to give. I know it's possible to play it other ways (supposedly someone beat the demo on Very Hard, using a three-button arcade joystick, wtf) but to me, it makes it awkward and artificially difficult and not in the intended spirit of the game. So while I know it won't be for everyone... I do want people to try and get used to it if they can, instead of immediately turning it off in an options menu.

The good news is, for almost everywhere now, the update is live as of yesterday! Sorry I forgot to mention that, heh heh. If you need any help with the process, here's a little guide. It's super-easy:

1) Find the folder <Your Name>\My Documents\SavedGames\Bleed
2) Open savegame.sav in Notepad (make a backup if you're uncomfortable)
3) Change the "false" in <OldSchoolControls>false</OldSchoolControls> to "true"
4) Save, and you're done!

(If the option isn't there, you probably need to run the game and save at least once. Just run it, go to the options menu, and then back to the title screen. That should save the game and put the new option in the save file.)

Hope that helps, and thanks for understanding and discussing it! :)
thenevernow 7 июл, 2013 в 6:26 
Thanks again for your feedback and support!

As soon as I get a Steam key from Groupees, I will install Bleed and start it from scratch, with the default controls. Then, only if I can't get used to them (which I suspect will be the case ;) ), I will switch to the old school ones.

And of course, best of luck for your future projects! :)
Показано 111 из 11 комментариев
< >
На страницу: 15 30 50