Ta gra jest już dostępna na Steam!

Dziękujemy za twoją pomoc w wyborze tej gry do dystrybucji na Steam. Więcej informacji i link do sklepu Steam znajdziesz poniżej.

Bleed
nanognome 4 Kwi, 2013 - 0:45
Mac/Linux port?
It would be great to have Bleed not only on Windows. If it's a 2D XNA game, it should be relatively straightforward to port it using MonoGame. And as a bonus, MonoGame makes possible to run the game on platforms like Windows 8 Store/iOS/Android/etc.
Wyświetlanie 1-15 z 29 komentarzy
< >
inferno986return 7 Kwi, 2013 - 12:54 
Agree with NanoGnome, can we have Mac OS X and Linux port too if possible?
HardPenguin 10 Kwi, 2013 - 13:18 
Voted for this but +1 for Linux port. I am Linux only gamer and I'd love to play it on Linux!
Sapfruit 10 Kwi, 2013 - 13:53 
Indeed, that would be lovely - actually that's why I'm supporting and following it - I only use linux.
bzzzzZZZzz 14 Kwi, 2013 - 7:08 
will buy if linuxport is made.
White Devil  [autor] 14 Kwi, 2013 - 9:40 
There are a bunch of good reasons to have Bleed available for Mac/Linux -- including making you fine folks happy! -- and I'd love to take a shot at porting it!

Some things are getting in the way of that happening (eg a lack of hardware for testing, side projects, a lack of coding experience outside of XNA, life, etc) but it's something I'm going to look into and see if I can get it together in my spare time! Everyone says MonoGame is a *super easy* way to port the game, so here's hoping they're right once I get down to using it. :)
inferno986return 14 Kwi, 2013 - 11:54 
Mono is a good way to go. Unity's Mac OS X/Linux export options wouldn't exist without it. Thanks for replying White Devil and good luck with your game. :-)
[Linux]wasp 16 Maj, 2013 - 22:54 
+1
The Turtle God 19 Maj, 2013 - 14:19 
There are a bunch of good reasons to have Bleed available for Mac/Linux -- including making you fine folks happy! -- and I'd love to take a shot at porting it!

Some things are getting in the way of that happening (eg a lack of hardware for testing, side projects, a lack of coding experience outside of XNA, life, etc) but it's something I'm going to look into and see if I can get it together in my spare time! Everyone says MonoGame is a *super easy* way to port the game, so here's hoping they're right once I get down to using it. :)

From what I remember, MonoGame is modeled after XNA and uses the exact same namespaces, which should make porting it very straightforward.
HardPenguin 20 Maj, 2013 - 6:56 
Do that! Do that!

Bleed was featured recently on PenguinGamers.eu !
Maar 24 Maj, 2013 - 14:31 
linux
White Devil  [autor] 29 Maj, 2013 - 9:50 
Working on it -- so far MonoGame is quite easy to use, with the exception of a horrible bug or two that are preventing the ports from being release-worthy. I'm sure I'll figure them out soon.
inferno986return 29 Maj, 2013 - 10:00 
Thanks for the update. I look forward to seeing the results. :-)
HardPenguin 31 Maj, 2013 - 8:16 
White Devil cares <3 so nice
V̟̋ì͚t̪͊r̳͛i͇͛o̦̅l̥ 8 Cze, 2013 - 5:47 
Also really looking forward to being able to play this on my linux htpc. Full controller support is a must. Surprisingly a lot of linux ports get sloppy on that detail. Already purchased the windows version, but I'm waiting to play it from my couch on a 15' screen

Make it happen xD

oh, and cheers on getting greenlit, well earned, mate.
White Devil  [autor] 22 Cze, 2013 - 9:35 
Hey guys!

So, I spent the last month attempting to port the game over to Mac and Linux. I'm afraid the result is a mix of good and bad news.

The good news is that if you're a Mac user, the Mac port is finally up, running and stable! So thanks to presistence, luck, and the kindness of strangers, Bleed on Mac is a reality now, hurray for that.

The bad news is that I just can't get the damn thing running on Linux. I guess the (relative) ease of porting to Mac made me a bit too optimistic. On Linux, well... every attempt so far has resulted in failure.

I wouldn't say I've given up yet, because there are still some random things I'd like to try, but I wanted to warn anyone out there who's paying attention not to expect too much on the Linux front, at least not right now, 'cause it isn't exactly looking good.

My sincere apologies to anyone who's hopes I got up only to let them down. Hopefully I'll figure it out one day!
Wyświetlanie 1-15 z 29 komentarzy
< >
Na stronę: 15 30 50