This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Project Zomboid
Stelio Kontos Nov 4, 2012 @ 12:56pm
It would be smart if....
It would be smart if they got their hustle on and got this on steam asap and heres why.

Biggest reason is they pending release of a standalone Dayz, even The War Z. Right now project zomboid has a lot of hype, and if this was available via steam, they could cash in a lot more I think.

But unaffortunetly there hasnt even really been any talk of when this will be on steam. Lets face it, once Dayz and War Z are completed I think this will lose a lot of steam. Hell I found out about this game through reading the forums on dayz and war z's page.

I sincerely hope they speed this up and get it on steam before those 2, cuz these guys did a great job with this and deserve to profit off it.

As for going the Desura route....Ive heard nothing but horror stories of keys not working and etc.
Anyway just had my business hat on for a sec. Cheers
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
City Builder Nov 8, 2012 @ 2:51am 
And yet when you release an unfinished game on Steam you get people complaining that it's not worth the money, and that it shoudln't have been released on steam until it was finished like what is happening with the Towns game right now.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Personally while I enjoy Zomboid in short durations, I don't much care for DayZ. There is an audience for both games regardless when they release at.

But I do agree that I hope they get their hustle on, out of all the indie games that I've purchased in the past year or more, this one is the one that is seriously slow in development.
Stelio Kontos Nov 30, 2012 @ 7:20pm 
Big time! Couldn't agree with ya more
whitknight28 Dec 1, 2012 @ 4:06am 
Though I believe the desura statement - this game is how I was introducted to desura back on the 1.5c patch. Speaking of desura if anyone has problems getting the updates to load properly I had to access via the website (desura's site) - meaning I couldn't get them to download through the desura application (or whatever you want to call it).
Last edited by whitknight28; Dec 1, 2012 @ 4:06am
Stelio Kontos Dec 1, 2012 @ 10:11pm 
Thats exactly why i havnt gotten it whitknight...ive heard nothing but problems through desura
Snoop Dec 2, 2012 @ 8:19am 
I think it won't be released for a few weeks at the least because of the Steam Christmas sale, it's apparently a bad time to release it because 1. It will likely be unseen under all the AAA games that are at reduced prices, and 2. People will use all their money up on better known games. I hope it's not the case, because I'd like to see it released ASAP.
Stelio Kontos Dec 2, 2012 @ 1:20pm 
i think its going to be a lot longer than a few weeks. Wouldnt be surprised if its released in spring
Snoop Dec 2, 2012 @ 2:01pm 
From what I've been told, they are looking at a release next year in January.
Stelio Kontos Dec 2, 2012 @ 3:32pm 
Where did ya hear that? I havnt seen nothing on their website about a release.

Oh and they wont have to worry about losing some business from the war z...just played it at a friends...brutal! Animations terrible, there is no way they have been working on it for 2 years. Its a darn shame but at least i didnt waste my money on it
Rose Dec 11, 2012 @ 2:03am 
Actually, what their doing is pretty much the best route for a small time indy company such as themselves, and there are a crap-ton of reasons why. a few quick examples would be...
1. The version they have up now is, for all the work put into it, a glorified tech demo. they really need to put the time into fixing standing problems, as well as making it quite a bit more polished. They're doing both, but real work on anything takes time, money, and a hell of a lot of work.
2. By the time they've pushed themselves out of beta, it'll be 2013, and at that time, most, (if not all) of DayZ and War Z's crowd will be looking for something new. As FUN as day Z looks... It's really not on par with this type of survival.
And finally, 3. Pushing something out with no real work on it, turns something that should be wonderful, into a lump of utter chaos. Let's take... Well, I actually don't have a good example. But, you get what I mean.
I could go on for days, but honestly, I've made my point.
Yup.
Sodium Chloride Dec 12, 2012 @ 9:23pm 
Desura worked fine for me. I think that the reason why people are confused is because the developers don't have the latest version of the game downloadable from desura. To get the latest test build, you must download it from the Indie Stone forums, and then enter your desura game key after installation. Also, I must agree that the desura interface is a bit clunky, but I have never heard of anyone being locked out of the game because their key didn't work. I'm sure that if anyone did have a problem with their key they could just contact the devs, and they would get the whole thing sorted out.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50