This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Project Zomboid
Smartheart16 Oct 27, 2012 @ 2:56am
Zombies vs Humans (Multiplayer) Or Coop (Update)
Friend Vs Friend Or Working Together
Last edited by Smartheart16; Jul 31, 2013 @ 1:35am
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
< >
♥ iιι ьe uя нɘяo ♥ Oct 29, 2012 @ 7:03pm 
I don't think zombies vs humans multiplayer is a good idea, it takes away the realisticness to it, like being bitten and then turning and then dieing by your friend and respawning doesn't seem fun :d but idk, i think you should just get infected and become a zombie and when you die you won't spawn again :)
Voonex May 28, 2013 @ 8:04am 
A player zombie would be pointless. Since 1 zombie is ridiculously easy to kill even with a pen.
nasKo May 28, 2013 @ 4:45pm 
Can't see this implemented in the vanilla game. The zombies you encounter in the vanilla game - the ones that are canon - are dumb, slow and relatively weak.
Playing one of those wouldn't be much fun.

The devs stated there won't be "special infected" zombies with various abilities.

It may happen as a mod, though. Time will tell how moddable multiplayer is going to be
Smartheart16 May 28, 2013 @ 11:43pm 
They Could Make Fast Zombie Mode And Make Them Faster Or Go Slow But Make Them Stronger
ZedHead ( ͠° ͜ʖ ͡°) Jun 11, 2013 @ 1:55am 
I find it funny you say that because now in sandbox you can change the type of zombies they are :/ fast shamblers, shamblers, and sprinters /

I doubt they'll do that gamemode though... It just doesn't seem like a great idea with a game like this its just not a FPS or anything like that.. BUT.. what if you could control large groups of zeds that can attack players in that gamemode?

lets picture it like this :
"group of players up to 1-16 (or more) , survivors start out in a section of the city with tons of random supplies around different buildings... The survivors only have a bit of time to collect weapons and barricade a building they decide to hold off in.. As the survivors do so 4 (or more) players control hordes of zombies.. (1 horde per player, I suppose) the players controling the hordes can split it up and divide into groups trying to kill the survivors in their buildings/bases they barricaded"
(and there can be objectives or just a survival I guess)
Last edited by ZedHead ( ͠° ͜ʖ ͡°); Jun 12, 2013 @ 2:13am
Jesus† Jun 12, 2013 @ 3:40pm 
Originally posted by ZedHead:
I find it funny you say that because now in sandbox you can change the type of zombies they are :/ fast shamblers, shamblers, and sprinters /

I doubt they'll do that gamemode though... It just doesn't seem like a great idea with a game like this its just not a FPS or anything like that.. BUT.. what if you could control large groups of zeds that can attack players in that gamemode?

lets picture it like this :
"group of players up to 1-16 (or more) , survivors start out in a section of the city with tons of random supplies around different buildings... The survivors only have a bit of time to collect weapons and barricade a building they decide to hold off in.. As the survivors do so 4 (or more) players control hordes of zombies.. (1 horde per player, I suppose) the players controling the hordes can split it up and divide into groups trying to kill the survivors in their buildings/bases they barricaded"
(and there can be objectives or just a survival I guess)

interesting idea +1
GMAN Jun 20, 2013 @ 9:15am 
Originally posted by ZedHead:
I find it funny you say that because now in sandbox you can change the type of zombies they are :/ fast shamblers, shamblers, and sprinters /

I doubt they'll do that gamemode though... It just doesn't seem like a great idea with a game like this its just not a FPS or anything like that.. BUT.. what if you could control large groups of zeds that can attack players in that gamemode?

lets picture it like this :
"group of players up to 1-16 (or more) , survivors start out in a section of the city with tons of random supplies around different buildings... The survivors only have a bit of time to collect weapons and barricade a building they decide to hold off in.. As the survivors do so 4 (or more) players control hordes of zombies.. (1 horde per player, I suppose) the players controling the hordes can split it up and divide into groups trying to kill the survivors in their buildings/bases they barricaded"
(and there can be objectives or just a survival I guess)
I VOLINTEER AS TRIBUTE
Redronn Jun 20, 2013 @ 11:25am 
There's going to be modding for this game eventually, so I think the only way this is going to happen is if someone mods it in.

I don't think the devs have any desire to make this into Left 4 Dead 2D.
It's more like DayZ 2D than that.
Last edited by Redronn; Jun 20, 2013 @ 11:27am
ZedHead ( ͠° ͜ʖ ͡°) Jun 20, 2013 @ 1:05pm 
Originally posted by Redronn:
There's going to be modding for this game eventually, so I think the only way this is going to happen is if someone mods it in.

I don't think the devs have any desire to make this into Left 4 Dead 2D.
It's more like DayZ 2D than that.

My suggestion was just a small survival gamemode (my post above up above) that had a different take than most multiplayer modes and hell of a lot better than L4D senorios lol. I already said its unlikely but it would be nice to have it never the less...
Last edited by ZedHead ( ͠° ͜ʖ ͡°); Jun 20, 2013 @ 1:06pm
Porter Jun 22, 2013 @ 9:13am 
You guys are good. I get bitten from one zombie all the time. After that I go on suicide missions just killing everything I can until I die. The first part is very hard to avoid, but the second is relatively easy. I don't know why I'm good when it no longer matters and too weak when it really counts.
I like the idea of turning after being bitten and the afterlife of being undead in multiplayer and single player. I don't like the fullblown team vs team zombie vs humans idea as much. I think the game should still center on coop. However, I do feel that coming back from the dead offers more to the game as less stress will be involved in not dying part (it's already very very very hard) and the afterlife could offer that care-free stress relief thus balancing the game out.
Porter Jun 22, 2013 @ 9:29am 
Originally posted by ZedHead:
I find it funny you say that because now in sandbox you can change the type of zombies they are :/ fast shamblers, shamblers, and sprinters /

I doubt they'll do that gamemode though... It just doesn't seem like a great idea with a game like this its just not a FPS or anything like that.. BUT.. what if you could control large groups of zeds that can attack players in that gamemode?

lets picture it like this :
"group of players up to 1-16 (or more) , survivors start out in a section of the city with tons of random supplies around different buildings... The survivors only have a bit of time to collect weapons and barricade a building they decide to hold off in.. As the survivors do so 4 (or more) players control hordes of zombies.. (1 horde per player, I suppose) the players controling the hordes can split it up and divide into groups trying to kill the survivors in their buildings/bases they barricaded"
(and there can be objectives or just a survival I guess)

^ That's Romero's Land of the Dead.
Not my favorite zombie model, but some people must have liked it.
Last edited by Porter; Jun 22, 2013 @ 9:57am
ZedHead ( ͠° ͜ʖ ͡°) Jun 22, 2013 @ 10:06am 
hmm.. I didn't know that..
ZedHead ( ͠° ͜ʖ ͡°) Jun 22, 2013 @ 10:09am 
Originally posted by hargind:
You guys are good. I get bitten from one zombie all the time. After that I go on suicide missions just killing everything I can until I die. The first part is very hard to avoid, but the second is relatively easy. I don't know why I'm good when it no longer matters and too weak when it really counts.
I like the idea of turning after being bitten and the afterlife of being undead in multiplayer and single player. I don't like the fullblown team vs team zombie vs humans idea as much. I think the game should still center on coop. However, I do feel that coming back from the dead offers more to the game as less stress will be involved in not dying part (it's already very very very hard) and the afterlife could offer that care-free stress relief thus balancing the game out.

Very good point but this was just a simple suggestion for a fun little gamemode for friends to play. Although I must agree with you the infection is a huge part of the game...
Porter Jun 22, 2013 @ 2:26pm 
Hopefully something like this could be all done via LUA in a mod if not made official. Either way I'm digging these indie 2d games that are coming out with mod support lately.
ZedHead ( ͠° ͜ʖ ͡°) Jun 22, 2013 @ 3:23pm 
Yup, glad other people have the same hunger for these indies like I do :)
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50