This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Project Zomboid
Dubwell Jan 8, 2013 @ 11:22am
Why we need them to complete the game first.
I have owned the game since its very first release in 2011. I bought it when they promised they would update it big time within a few months. Fast forward to 2012 - still no real update. If we were to buy the game from steam as of now, you would be getting a game that would take forever to be updated if at all. I would love to have the real deal right now but so far they used up the PZ community’s patience and just recently started to show interest in the game again. If they get the money now then they have no motive to finish.

Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
sockpuppet Jan 8, 2013 @ 1:24pm 
Originally posted by MakoTank:
If they get the money now then they have no motive to finish.
That's a good point, unfortunately.
Wheyrlen Jan 8, 2013 @ 3:10pm 
I dont think they'll leave the game hanging since this could be a good turning point for people to buy games from them again, they'll be earning alot of income off this game alone, furthermore they should really take a look at Steams forums x3
Fear57 Jan 8, 2013 @ 8:21pm 
Don't blame them, blame VALVe. They are the ones that are putting these kinds of things up so they can make huge ammounts of cash. The only finished 100% done game that's on Greenlight is Zafehouse Diaries.
GMAN Jan 8, 2013 @ 10:32pm 
there want to realease it rather just update it do you want a good game or a game thats just based on updating id rather have a full game
golumen Jan 9, 2013 @ 4:41am 
Apply to court.
golumen Jan 9, 2013 @ 4:47am 
This is similar to fraud
sockpuppet Jan 9, 2013 @ 9:24am 
Originally posted by golumen:
This is similar to fraud
I wonder, how is this similar to fraud?
lemmy101  [developer] Jan 9, 2013 @ 1:42pm 
Hey everyone, we made an update here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/92916900

Can definitely understand your concerns and we're working tirelessly to get the game as polished and feature complete as possible before going on Steam. People's trust may be a bit battered with events of late but we consider our first appearance on Steam a massive deal and will not risk ruining it by going on too early, and recent news has only made us more watchful of that.

However, certain features such as multiplayer will simply be too large a job to do prior to Steam, in fact one hope is we can get sufficient funds to hire a multiplayer coder to provide the best possible multiplayer and also speed up development considerably. Hopefully anyone who's spent much time in our forums in particular will know we're massively committed to the game and would consider it a grievous failure not to accomplish everything on our original goal list:

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/index.php/tldr-just-give-me-the-jist/

But that was written on day one, we have so much more we want to do that we never even thought off then. Getting more funds would only give us more power to speed up development and be more ambitious with the game.

Besides, even if we needed any financial motivation to want to continue, the game going onto Steam will not have multiplayer in it and a large percentage of people aren't interested in a single player game. It stands to reason we'd want to complete the multiplayer at least.

We've also set up a new update system that will allow for weekly snapshot updates irrespective of any other major development work.

http://theindiestone.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11334

Though sadly we need to wait until the next update to start using this system.

So we're looking to fix any issues with the development process and polish the game as much as possible, and will continue making versions only for desura/standalone until we feel it's ready.

Thanks again!

lemmy
Last edited by lemmy101; Jan 9, 2013 @ 1:56pm
Fear57 Jan 9, 2013 @ 5:20pm 
Multiplayer is something I try to avoid because of the constant b*tching and moaning by 12 year olds "HACKAR I GET ADMIN!" I will only make exceptions for some games but other then that if a game is multiplayer only I avoid it like the plague. Also, not sure if it's just me but the demo link on your site says you are forbidden from the page.
Baran Korkmaz Jan 9, 2013 @ 10:12pm 
I disagree the tought about getting the game earlier or sooner. I bought the game already and have been playing since. There is so much potential in this game and according to their blogposts they are freeing that potential and make it real so that we can get a kick-a.. game in the end(I would say it can be even GOTY after release :)). And I think no matter you lose your interest in game or not when PZ is ready it will be worth our waiting and patience. (P.S. They created the game from scratch and it is normal not to get an update constantly. I belive when this process completed, updates will come more quickly because of the completed core elements of the game.) (English is not my mother language so if I write something wrong I'm sorry.)
Dubwell Jan 10, 2013 @ 7:17pm 
Thank you Lemmy. Love yah!
Professor Humble Jan 12, 2013 @ 1:18am 
let me just say it i bought this game last year loved it played for weeks. this game is like minecraft in the sence your buying it now and waiting for the future think of greenlight as steams kick starter in a way. also this game is really for the hardcore gamers out there its not some puss game its hard and you will die i mean die and die and die. the only time i didnt like it was when i was in the apartment and fell from the top floor stairs to the bottom and died after staying alive for months in the game.
Loutripioute Jan 12, 2013 @ 6:40am 
Thank you Lemmy.
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50