This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Project Zomboid
I Survived Rainbow Road Apr 1, 2013 @ 11:56pm
Java safety concerns
I think this is a dumb question, but is this game "safe" to play concerning the recent (and almost constant) java sercurity issues? I haven't had java installed for a long time but this game is definately worth it to install java again. Also, does anyone know a way to only download java for offline gaming only? Thanks guys!
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
nasKo Apr 5, 2013 @ 7:34am 
Since you need Java to play games like Project Zomboid and Minecraft, you only need Java installed for Desktop applications. Make sure that the browser integration of Java is disabled by going to the Java Control Panel (on Windows 7, press the windows key and type Java. It can also be found in your Windows Control Panel) and typing in "Java" without the quotes.

Click on the Security tab and uncheck "enable Java content in the browser". The Java Browser-plugins will now be disabled but desktop applications such as Project Zomboid will still work.

Please note that you need to have Java 7 (I think Update 10) installed to see this option. I don't know of an easy way to disable Java for browsers before that Java version.
There should be a way to disable Java for the browser you're using. I'm sure googling "YOURBROWSERNAME disable java" will come up with some how-to's.

Also make sure that your Java is constantly up to date.
Last edited by nasKo; Apr 5, 2013 @ 7:36am
I Survived Rainbow Road Apr 8, 2013 @ 1:58am 
Good to know. Thanks a bunch!
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50