This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Project Zomboid
TOURKE Mar 15, 2013 @ 9:55am
why dont they release project zomboid on steam sooner?
If they could the money they make from steam could go towards the development and growth of the version now, similar to how minecraft works and just patch and update it as people play on steam. i know some people want the finished version but it doesnt mean they have to buy it until its finished.
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
nasKo Mar 15, 2013 @ 11:09am 
Because it's not in an enjoyable state. Steam will lead a lot of people towards the game. It would destroy the little reputation it has if they would release it when it's not ready.

Check out the other threads about this. There are at least two on the front page.
TOURKE Mar 15, 2013 @ 12:26pm 
i understand that and i wouldnt want it to come out at a unplayable state but this kind of game which has a lot of features it will always be being developed and improved and they said they want to release it on steam when it is complete which could take a very long time for a small group like that to complete.

And will do casue since i heard about this game ive been looking forward to it but it seems that it will be a long time until it is released on steam.
nasKo Mar 15, 2013 @ 2:56pm 
They won't be finished with it for a year or two.
That doesn't mean it won't be on Steam this year.
TieFood Mar 16, 2013 @ 12:41am 
No-one likes an imcomplete game.
TOURKE Mar 16, 2013 @ 7:16am 
Minecraft isnt finished and it is always being added to but that is still a very popular game so not everyone dislikes a incomplete game and i enjoy playing and testing games that are not finsihed and waitng to see what will be changed and added etc. its not for all games but this seems as if it would work for me personaly.
nasKo Mar 17, 2013 @ 8:45am 
As it's been stated before. The game will be released on Steam, shortly.
It's not in an enjoyable state *at the moment*, though. So it may take a few further months.

Nothing else to say, really
Siloca Mar 17, 2013 @ 2:41pm 
i have to agree, ive been following this game from the beginning and i bought it on Desura (make an account just for the game) so i could play it and get it on steam when it is released. The thing is, this game is completely different from minecraft in terms of playing. They got away with releasing an unfinished because people managed to find loads of entertainment. Now i havnt played the game in a while simply because the features that i did play, didnt keep me entertained all that long. I still follow the blogs they release but i dont wont play it until its released on steam because playing the game how i did in the past could ruin my experience over time and make it very boring. Just be patient or buy it on desura if you want to play the game now :)
TOURKE Mar 17, 2013 @ 2:56pm 
i was just comparing the development of mincraft to PZ nothing else but thanks for the advice and i will check it out on desura :)
GMAN Mar 18, 2013 @ 4:44pm 
this game is very enjoyable i think they should realease it now and have little updates all the time kinda like minecraft but thats not on steam
Dr Potato Mar 18, 2013 @ 6:51pm 
Originally posted by GMAN:
this game is very enjoyable i think they should realease it now and have little updates all the time kinda like minecraft but thats not on steam

you must have just started playing, in the desura version, it has not go an update since it came out, well not that im aware of anyway. And i think it gets very boring very fast at this momnet in the game. There is simply just not much depth, at all. I would rather wait a few months then have it come out as it is.
ImAmMeh Mar 18, 2013 @ 9:19pm 
Originally posted by Dr Potato:
Originally posted by GMAN:

you must have just started playing, in the desura version, it has not go an update since it came out, well not that im aware of anyway. And i think it gets very boring very fast at this momnet in the game. There is simply just not much depth, at all. I would rather wait a few months then have it come out as it is.

They are not realeasing it until they get it on steam. Have you not heard?
Jamesbond2198 Mar 18, 2013 @ 11:26pm 
Right now the desura version is fun for 1 or 2 hours but quickly becomes boring. I think it would be better for them to wait to put it out then bring out a lousy version. they are working as hard and as fast as they can.
TOURKE Mar 19, 2013 @ 12:44am 
I would be happy to wait a few mounths maybe even half a year for them to add more to it so it has more game life then then it does now but i wouldnt want to wait a year or two for it casue ill loose intrest casue bigger companys are releasing games such as state of decay and the new dayz this year which are similar to PZ.
Siloca Mar 19, 2013 @ 1:33pm 
i honestly dont think you would have to wait 2 years for them to release it onto steam
Prime Minister Slime Mar 19, 2013 @ 6:56pm 
it would be another WarZ
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50