This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Secrets of Grindea
Tomato Nov 20, 2012 @ 12:09pm
There will some kind of Server system?
im just asking because im so interested to play this game with my friends, and this question came to my mind if there will be some kind of server system to go and play with friends or other people or just form a kind of party and be thrown into the world?
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
PixelFerrets  [developer] Nov 22, 2012 @ 7:36pm 
You or one of your friends can start a server, and then everyone else connects to him and his world! It works sort of like Terraria. We aim to make joining via friend's list possible too.

As of now, we're not planning to have public server lists (where total strangers can find and join your game), but we may add that later!
Tomato Nov 24, 2012 @ 8:02am 
Thank you for your answer now i can look foward to playing this game with my friends!.
(ง ° _°)ง Nov 27, 2012 @ 11:28pm 
Guys, don't forget to add ingame friends list.
Look at minecraft - still no such feature. Story : played mc since when it was released, drop it due to boring self repetition, installed yestarday to play computer craft and build craft, see no FRIENDS list feature still, laugh my bullocs out.
Tweed Nov 28, 2012 @ 2:44pm 
Oh wow a in game friends list... I haven't even thought of that while playing Minecraft! Do add.
Hi-Phin Nov 29, 2012 @ 11:01am 
Hey I know this is late, but Public server lists is nessesary... Don't fail us with a friends only system.
Tawm Nov 29, 2012 @ 6:41pm 
Originally posted by Hi-Phin:
Hey I know this is late, but Public server lists is nessesary... Don't fail us with a friends only system.
I agree.
My friends aren't PC gamers like me, and the people I do know online who are PC gamers have no interest in this game.

I have no intention of adding strangers just to play with them, so a public server list would be ideal.
Schattenphoenix Dec 12, 2012 @ 1:51pm 
Meet up in a forum and everything is good...
I am totally fine with a friendlist system even though i only have max 1 person playing with me.

Also they said its not planned but might be added later @ public lists
/\/\r. Lucas Of Da World Feb 4, 2013 @ 5:33pm 
So how complicated would it be to set up a server in Secrets of grindea? because theres alot of people with terraria who have no idea how to set up a server.
Last edited by /\/\r. Lucas Of Da World; Feb 4, 2013 @ 5:33pm
Schattenphoenix Feb 5, 2013 @ 1:59am 
Ideal would be the system diablo2 used :D i cant think of anyone having real problems with it...
The problem would be though that it requires an external server to host games on.
Another deal imo would be the port forwarding. Lots of ppl have problems with that stuff and at my current place the router is a bi**h when it comes to that topic.

In dungeonland everything is fairly easy though its still lacking a few needed features.
But i very much welcome the use of only 1 port, maybe 2 but more? for what?
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50