This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Secrets of Grindea
Tylerthedragon Nov 13, 2012 @ 9:15am
A Simple Question
Will this game have multiple character slots? and how many will there be?
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
PixelFerrets  [developer] Nov 13, 2012 @ 11:44am 
Currently you have three character slots! If players feel that's too few, we'll probably add more. Thus far, our testers seem content with three!
Tylerthedragon Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:46am 
3 seems like a reasonable number , but if the game gets bigger you should try to add some more because people might not want to delete some characters they worked hard on.
Zaimad Nov 14, 2012 @ 3:40pm 
I agree with DragonShread... somewhat.

Even assuming that you have the promised flexibility of character development, and (I don't know if it's the case but) likely the possibility of maxing out your skills, there is more than enough reason to have more than 3 characters. I played many RPGs often several times, often because of the joy of playing the game itself and re-living the story all over again. IF, and especially if, you can't max out every skill in the game, then that gives even more incentive of creating characters for different builds.

I'm going to throw an example: in Sword of Mana for the GBA, different level up stats affected what class you got, which affected your proficiency with weapons and magic. Once you went for a branch you were locked in that branch. And because of the two-slot save format, you ended up either consulting a guide for the "most efficient" build or messed around and got what you got. Even keeping one of the save files for the "absolutely complete" game save, that meant deleting the one other save file every time I wanted to re-live the story of that game.

So I ask: what is enough character slots? Should I start sighing for having to choose to delete one of them to start over?
Tweed Nov 28, 2012 @ 2:39pm 
Yes 20 slots should be nice. Is it hard making new slots? Anyways i'm joking i'd be content with 10.
NinjaToad Nov 29, 2012 @ 1:28pm 
10 slots? Seems too meny for me. I had this one game with 99 file slots, and my bro and sis plaied it too, but we never wen above like, 4. So maybe 5 slots?
Tylerthedragon Nov 29, 2012 @ 11:36pm 
for people who don't like deleting characters (like me) , i think 10 would be the highest - 20 seems like a bit too much , though there could be more added if the game gets alot more popular.
Ulcerus Dec 2, 2012 @ 3:07pm 
As said above.. if you cannot max out all the skills for your chara (I actually hope for this), then it'll be a better reason for creating a new character, and thus a nice opportunity to play the game again and try different skills along the way.
Imo 3-5 should be enough, but that would depend on the number of skills... :)
Kosis Dec 5, 2012 @ 7:41pm 
As a semi-social gamer, I frequently have characters that i only play with specific people, so that my friends and I can go through the game together. Secret of Mana and the like were NOT a host/guest setup, where charectors could join or leave at any stage in the game. As a result, it was a group activity. It was the kind of game where a couple of school friends and I would get together and grind through the whole game. When one of us had to go home, we saved the game, and left it until the next weekend.

I understand that for a non-console game hosting and/or servers are really the only ways to go for multiplayer, but PLEASE include a number of additional save slots. Just being able to have a couple of save slots for the chars I use with friends would be a huge benifit. I'm not asking for a huge number, but i would be much more comfortable with 5 saves rather than just three.

2-3 single player slots to explore different char builds, and another two for specific "parties", if you will. Pretty much a perfect number, in my opinion.
Last edited by Kosis; Dec 5, 2012 @ 7:44pm
Schattenphoenix Dec 12, 2012 @ 1:46pm 
Tbh, adding more slots (in a scrollable list) isnt much of a deal.
Its an array of paths and names, mostly, so t here is nothing to add except maybe the scrolling feature.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50