This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Secrets of Grindea
benthedean Sep 26, 2012 @ 9:10pm
controller support
Anyone know if this game will have controller support? Specifically interested in xinput controllers (such as xbox360). It'd be a shame if a game like this, which is inspired by so many old console RPGs, only had keyboard/mouse controls.
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
< >
Fleder Sep 27, 2012 @ 2:14am 
/sign
Richarizard Sep 27, 2012 @ 2:42am 
/sign
Dux Sep 27, 2012 @ 2:47am 
+1
CptnCharlie Sep 27, 2012 @ 3:32am 
I remember them mention it in a video but i cannt find it right now. However i found one where the HUD looks differnet and more controller-like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aavxD97SzBQ

OK; i just found it. It was mentioned on their homepage

Q: Can I play it with a gamepad?
A: Yes, the game can be played on a gamepad just as well as on a keyboard!
Last edited by CptnCharlie; Sep 27, 2012 @ 3:42am
Eimelle Sep 28, 2012 @ 7:26am 
awesome gamepad will make it so much better too :D
Syrsly Sep 28, 2012 @ 12:54pm 
A lot of games say controllers are supported but then don't support the controllers well enough. I recently played a 2d mmorpg from a GamersGate bundle deal that said it had 360 controller support, and it did, but you couldn't map all the buttons properly. I just ended up using XPadder, but the game had to be reinstalled to fix the control scheme.
Firebrand Oct 2, 2012 @ 8:01pm 
Have FULL xbox controller support. Pre mapped buttons, and menus that can be navigated with the controller, as well as options menu and game quiting. I wanna use it with Big Picture mode. If it has solid controller support its a buy for me.
ukkosfaith Oct 3, 2012 @ 10:01am 
I know what people are talking about about that full XBOX 360 controller support. Personally, I'm a bigger fan of the PlayStation controller more, but over the years and being used to how easy it is to plug in an XBOX 360 controller into the computer and have all of these games with support for it, it's really fun and easy to use. Kind of reminds of using an XBOX 360 but a vastly superior system.

The XBOX 360 controller really has become the peripheral standard outside of the keyboard and mouse for the PC. Most PC gamers use it unless they're keyboard elitists who are fond enough of other models to outright refuse it.

PC gaming does not equal keyboard gaming. The advantage of PC gaming is having as many advantages of other gaming under one roof. And with Sonic Generations and an XBOX 360 controller in hand, it felt just as good as one would get out of the XBOX 360 version, only better. And that is because of how much SEGA's PC support has improved in controller support over the years. Billy Hatcher exists for the PC, but is pretty wonky in terms of controller support. Sonic Generations is an example of PC support from SEGA done incredibly right.

And this is a formula everyone should go by. Have a button map for the most popular controllers for a system. And fully customizable, because nobody likes having to get used to a different keyboard or controller setup for every game.

Or, too long, didn't read; +1.
Chrono Oct 6, 2012 @ 4:27pm 
Originally posted by ukkosfaith:
I know what people are talking about about that full XBOX 360 controller support. Personally, I'm a bigger fan of the PlayStation controller more, but over the years and being used to how easy it is to plug in an XBOX 360 controller into the computer and have all of these games with support for it, it's really fun and easy to use. Kind of reminds of using an XBOX 360 but a vastly superior system.
If you get MotioninJoy's PS3 controller tool, you can emulate the PS3 controller as an Xbox 360 controller, so games and programs will treat it like a 360 controller. I've done this for games like Beat Hazard which require your controller to be 360 and it worked without any issues. Some people have problems figuring out how to get MotioninJoy to work though.
Elegroth Oct 7, 2012 @ 3:46pm 
I used MotionInJoy for two years before I decided to buy an Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver. It work REALLY well and is much easier to install now that the drivers are signed.
Zerosan Oct 9, 2012 @ 11:34am 
I'm a participant in the beta of this game.
Currently Gamepads are not supported, but they will most definitely be supported later on, can basically be guaranteed.
All the menus are designed around being controlled via gamepad, basically the moment the game binds to gamepad inputs, it will all be good.

And even if the support of gamepads would be limited to the 360 controller, well, there is a project at http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/ that makes it super easy to get any gamepad running as a emulated 360, hell, it even gives some nice benefits like adjusting deadzones and rebinding buttons, so, might just be relevant even for owners for the actual 360 controllers xD
benthedean Oct 13, 2012 @ 12:18pm 
For running on Windows it is really just important that the game supports XInput controllers. XInput is Microsoft's successor to DirectInput[msdn.microsoft.com]. Yes the XBox 360 controller is probably the reason that XInput exists, but there are other controllers that support it (Logitech has a few) and since it's the operating system's new standard for gamepads, anyone writing drivers for PS3 or Wii or whatever other controller should make sure they implement XInput (and probably already have).

Probably wouldn't hurt to support DirectInput too, so old controllers work.
Pocky Spellsword Oct 13, 2012 @ 4:00pm 
gamepads work the best for the action RPG genre, much more responsive that way
Wuzzle Oct 15, 2012 @ 9:44pm 
Agreed. Gamepads would be great, and hopefully not just the ability to link up an Xbox 360 controller.
SandManSolo Oct 16, 2012 @ 11:07am 
True story!
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50