This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Secrets of Grindea
Nate McCloud Jan 12, 2013 @ 10:48am
No caps?
Does that also mean no level cap?
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
/\/\r. Lucas Of Da World May 6, 2013 @ 9:02pm 
Im fairly sure it does my freind.
PixelFerrets  [developer] May 8, 2013 @ 9:54am 
Hey Nate!

Yes, it means no level caps. The individual skills still have caps to keep things balanced. It is possible to max out all skills, but players aiming for that would probably have to invest a few hundred of hours into the game! :)
Nate McCloud May 9, 2013 @ 2:42am 
...I could level to infinity...>:) I want this game.

One does have to wonder how this will affect the morale of a perfectionist, though. I actually like the lack of a level cap, and the fact that all skills can be maxed out! I always hated having to go back and start a new character whenever I made bad decisions and wanted to try something else.

Now that I think about it, though, true capless level is impossible due to data restrictions. The closest you can get is a level cap restricted only by the number of bytes allocated for character level...and it doesn't really take many bytes for such a humongous level cap that no one in their right mind would ever be able to reach it without cheating! ...I do hope, however, that you'll put in a safeguard to prevent overflow from causing the level to loop around...I know it sounds obvious, but that HAS been an overlooked problem in some games...
Last edited by Nate McCloud; May 10, 2013 @ 5:41am
mushonian Jul 26, 2013 @ 9:57pm 
Did you guys invade my mind and pull out my most heartfelt wishes. Because you hit them dead on. GRIND FEST! WHhhOOooooo! Also, you might need to put in some seriously powerful foes in order to prevent this from becoming boring. They did it with Disgaea, and if you want to make you game comparable to theirs, you have to take enemies/bosses to a whole new level. Either that or make the enemies level with you to a point. Or at least the bosses.
Last edited by mushonian; Jul 26, 2013 @ 9:58pm
Nate McCloud Jul 27, 2013 @ 10:44pm 
Ehhh...making the enemies/bosses level with you would defeat the point of leveling. Now, including one or two areas in the game where they do that wouldn't be a bad idea.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50