Ця гра тепер доступна у Steam!

Дякуємо за те, що допомогли цій грі потрапити до крамниці Steam. Детальнішу інформацію, в тому числі посилання на сторінку в крамниці, ви можете знайти нижче.

Octodad: Dadliest Catch
PTibz  [розробник] 1 жов 2012 о 7:44
Ask us anything about Octodad: Dadliest Catch! (Or Octodad 1 :P)
Ask us absolutely anything about the game(s) or Young Horses!
Показані коментарі 115 із 29
< >
*Eyes 1 жов 2012 о 11:11 
Would there be something like multiplayer action, like 2 people controlling Octodad's legs or just messing up with their own bodies?
PTibz  [розробник] 1 жов 2012 о 14:25 
We've definitely thought about it, but it's low priority when compared to finishing up the main story. We've already been working for a long time on it and we want to get the game out there! It isn't out of the question, but it's unlikely right now.
TertiaryCitadel 2 жов 2012 о 11:04 
Four quick questions!

How long is the game? The first one was (understandably) quite short, but I'd hope for a longer game if I were to buy it.

How far is the game from completion?

How much would it cost?

And, probably most of all, how the Hell did you come up with the idea for the game?

Thanks =)
PTibz  [розробник] 2 жов 2012 о 17:21 
Цитата допису TertiaryCitadel:
How long is the game? The first one was (understandably) quite short, but I'd hope for a longer game if I were to buy it.
Right now we're shooting for 4 - 5 hours of gameplay for the average player, but it's kind of hard to tell as everyone plays Octodad a little differently. Some people inspect the whole world and some people just roll right through all the challenges not stopping for anything. Basically just know that it's much longer than the first game. There might be some extra stuff to do too. :P

How far is the game from completion?
We don't have a definite timeline since when you're making a game things can change at a moments notice. We do have estimates though that we re-evaluate often to keep goals in sight. Things get cut or added based on internal thoughts and external playtests all the time. Sometimes entire levels! Right now we have about 4 functional "levels" and 3 of them are pretty. We're shooting for 12 levels, but that can always change like I said.

It's also a hard thing to answer because a lot of the time development can speed up or slow down based on gained experience, personal problems/life, festivals/conventions, making trailers, dealing with the press, etc. We're only 8 people total and only 2 of us are working on Octodad as our only job. The rest of us have full-time day-jobs that we also have to contend with in addition to the game and other obligations.

Kickstarter payed for our necessary business costs and some other things we needed, but we're all paying our own rent and living expenses. As well as any travel costs for various festivals/cons we have to head to in order to promote the game. I could go on as there are a lot of other factors involved. :P

Short answer: We hope to finish by the end of 2013.

How much would it cost?
Right now we're thinking between $10 - $15 since we're spending a huge amount of time on production and polish. We really raised the bar for quality compared to the first Octodad.

And, probably most of all, how the Hell did you come up with the idea for the game?
The idea behind Octodad came from lots of prototyping and pitching while we were still in school. The first game was a student project and the general idea is that Descartes and Being John Malkovich were large influences. Micro-managing the movement of limbs. Originally Octodad was a smaller octopus living in an android man's head moving levers to make him walk/move. Then we cut out the middle man and put the octopus in the suit to go from there! If you want to learn more about the first game you can read our post-mortem here: http://www.gamecareerguide.com/features/1003/postmortem_.php
Hatseflats 4 жов 2012 о 9:02 
I was wondering what kind of direction Octodad 2 is going in. I backed your Kickstarter because Octodad was bloody awesome but since then I've heard and seen some tidbits about Octodad: Dadliest Catch which kind of deviated from the reason why I loved Octodad so much. For instance, there was talk of a 2D platforming part, which felt to me like the next Octodad is going to be more like the massive amount of other indie platformers "with a twist". Also that you were making the controls easier. On the other hand you said you felt there were some ideas which weren't suitable to the kind of game Octodad should be so perhaps it's not like that. I liked that Octodad was so completely different from other games and the fact that it was about struggling through daily jobs. To me it wasn't about flapping about or doing exciting stuff, it was all about the challenge of daily life - as an octopus.
In that it is really a unique game and it precisely because of what it was dit it manage to entertain people who are not usually interested in games.
So basically my question is: will it still be about this 'simple' stuff despite making controls somwhat easier (and especially considering a 2d /platforming section)
Автор останньої редакції: Hatseflats; 4 жов 2012 о 9:03
kzoradm  [розробник] 4 жов 2012 о 9:50 
Hello, this is Kevin Zuhn, creative director of Octodad: Dadliest Catch.

If you haven't watched the extended gameplay preview, please take a look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq49ieePbqQ The gameplay shown is by far more descriptive of what the game will be like than the original teaser trailer.

Octodad will not be a platformer with a twist. There may be isolated segments that involve climbing to achieve your tasks, but the game will stay rooted in mundanity. The levels we have in development concern housework, groceries, and keeping your family happy. Though I'd say that sometimes ordinary life is very exciting from the perspective of an octopus! As far as the 2D platforming level goes, we thought it would be funny to have one of those 'indie sillhouette' things, and we intended to keep it short, sweet, and singular.

When we say that the controls are easier, we really mean that they're more accessible and responsive. Octodad's body wiggles like jello now instead of twitching and flying through the wall. The control scheme is the same, but the way Octodad handles the environment and your input is a lot more reliable. Granted, we made sure that your control was not perfect, and with his wigglier body physics his reactions to movement are much more pronounced.
Ironass 7 жов 2012 о 19:01 
After finding out about octodad here I went to your site and tried the first game but found it a bit obnoxious having to repeatedly lift my mouse when I wanted him to walk fast. Like the race in the living room (I think). It sounds from the previous answer like the controls have been improved but I'm still wondering if there are plans to have support for gamepads?
PTibz  [розробник] 8 жов 2012 о 6:02 
We've been messing around with gamepad support and it's technically already in Dadliest Catch. It will most likely be an option at launch. We're also looking at sensitivity settings along with the ability to remap your controls to whatever you'd like.
vene 15 жов 2012 о 12:35 
now that you're greenlit... TF2 promos? ;)
PTibz  [розробник] 15 жов 2012 о 13:30 
We'd love to! Been talking about TF2 hats in the office for some time. :P
vene 15 жов 2012 о 17:24 
If you need any help with Source engine I'd be glad to provide it
Senpai-Beast 16 жов 2012 о 15:02 
would we be able to preorder it a short time before the release(and get tf2 promos for preordering it)?
PTibz  [розробник] 16 жов 2012 о 16:38 
We're definitely thinking about something like that, but haven't finalized exactly what we'd like to do.
Bender's Shiny Metal Ass 20 жов 2012 о 19:40 
Hi i also played your first game and loved it and was always wondering.... Are those his kids or are they from like a previous marriage or what....????
PTibz  [розробник] 21 жов 2012 о 12:19 
Right now we're leaving that up to you guys. We have our own ideas, but I don't know if we'll ever decide on a definite answer.
Показані коментарі 115 із 29
< >
На сторінку: 15 30 50