Detta spel är nu tillgängligt på Steam!

Tack för din hjälp med att detta spel ska väljas till att distribueras via Steam. Mer information, bland annat en länk till butikssidan, kan hittas nedan.

Octodad: Dadliest Catch
I FEEL LIKE A MADAFUCKING DUCK 16 aug, 2013 @ 3:30pm
Octodad Fails To Launch..
Hi everyone!
I've tried to download Octodad, which went well.. DirectX has been installed correctly and everything went well.. nope :(
The game is fully installed and waiting for me to enter it, but when i'm double clicking dat .exe file, this Busy cursor is appending for a couple of seconds and.. nothing happens :(
I looked @ the task manager while i started it and Octodad.exe is present for a short brief and fades away with no Error message and nothing..
Can anyone help me? Thanks anyway!
Visar 1-15 av 19 kommentarer
< >
Pugface 16 aug, 2013 @ 11:30pm 
well all you have to do is go to your files....and stick your ♥♥♥♥ up your ♥♥♥.....glad i could help
Luthyr  [utvecklare] 17 aug, 2013 @ 6:29am 
Hmm, the original had a lot of bugs and doesn't always work for everyone. :(

My best suggestion is to make sure your latest video drivers are downloaded and that you have admin rights while installing. Otherwise, it could be other open software that is causing it to close unexpectedly.
I FEEL LIKE A MADAFUCKING DUCK 17 aug, 2013 @ 7:09am 
Ursprungligen skrivet av Luthyr:
Hmm, the original had a lot of bugs and doesn't always work for everyone. :(

My best suggestion is to make sure your latest video drivers are downloaded and that you have admin rights while installing. Otherwise, it could be other open software that is causing it to close unexpectedly.

Thought about it but nothing seems to help.. Is it possible that the DirectX is not fit to my OS (Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit SP1, 4GB RAM, Intel Core i5, CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, Graphical card = Nvidia GeForce GT 220, Latest driver installed yesterday)?
Luthyr  [utvecklare] 17 aug, 2013 @ 12:22pm 
No, that all sounds right. My machine isn't too different, so it's hard to pinpoint what may be wrong. :(
PotatoTomato 18 aug, 2013 @ 3:43am 
i dont know why. but all games seem to work for my computer. like all of them
Luthyr  [utvecklare] 25 aug, 2013 @ 11:46am 
Another longshot is that your computer may need the VS 2008 C++ redistributable installed:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29
I FEEL LIKE A MADAFUCKING DUCK 25 aug, 2013 @ 3:28pm 
Another longshot is that your computer may need the VS 2008 C++ redistributable installed:

2008? because i already have 2010 and 2012
[AART]Liquid.Faith 26 aug, 2013 @ 7:46am 
Ursprungligen skrivet av ___---хор@шо(0)!@---___:

Long story short, yes. If you didn't need the 2010 you would just have 2012. New code isn't always compatible with older.
PotatoTomato 26 aug, 2013 @ 11:45am 
Wait a minute. Octodad isnt even out!
I FEEL LIKE A MADAFUCKING DUCK 26 aug, 2013 @ 1:29pm 
Ursprungligen skrivet av Liquid.Faith:

Long story short, yes. If you didn't need the 2010 you would just have 2012. New code isn't always compatible with older.

It actually is (pure programming speaking). along vb.net maturation and adaptations, any new code elements and modifications creates a new layer of code that going through a process of simplification arguments ends up Binary. A new layer is created when a new version of VS.NET is published. The newest version contains all other .NET relevant layers, using it in the simplification process. Thank you very much!
A problem could appear if the program was built with a newer framework than the OS latest framework. (4.5 was published after windows 7 was published and the newest programs are carrying 4.5 framework and should be automatically installed when the program is installed)

Now DAT was fun!

Ursprungligen skrivet av PotatoTomato:
It was. I'm not talking about dadliest catch, which is a new version of Octodad

PotatoTomato 27 aug, 2013 @ 7:34am 
Ursprungligen skrivet av Liquid.Faith:

It actually is (pure programming speaking). along vb.net maturation and adaptations, any new code elements and modifications creates a new layer of code that going through a process of simplification arguments ends up Binary. A new layer is created when a new version of VS.NET is published. The newest version contains all other .NET relevant layers, using it in the simplification process. Thank you very much!
A problem could appear if the program was built with a newer framework than the OS latest framework. (4.5 was published after windows 7 was published and the newest programs are carrying 4.5 framework and should be automatically installed when the program is installed)

Now DAT was fun!

Ursprungligen skrivet av PotatoTomato:
It was. I'm not talking about dadliest catch, which is a new version of Octodad

:sticky::spycon::postcardf:
Didnt remember it. Also if someone cant run THAT i dont even know anymore
KIM JONG ILLEST 27 aug, 2013 @ 9:54am 
is there a beta
PotatoTomato 27 aug, 2013 @ 12:18pm 
Ursprungligen skrivet av Le Newdle:
is there a beta
NO. not do i want one either. I want to experience the game in its full glory at release.
Luthyr  [utvecklare] 4 sep, 2013 @ 8:28am 
Ursprungligen skrivet av Le Newdle:
is there a beta

There is no public beta right now and we currently have no plans to do one.
I FEEL LIKE A MADAFUCKING DUCK 7 sep, 2013 @ 1:41am 
when will dadliest catch will be on steam?
Visar 1-15 av 19 kommentarer
< >
Per sida: 15 30 50