This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Edge of Space
Saint Wonderful May 1, 2013 @ 6:16pm
Purchased on Desura
Do I get a Steam Key or do I have to repurchase?
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
sG | Duex May 2, 2013 @ 12:04am 
pretty sure you need to rebuy it
4two May 2, 2013 @ 12:41am 
If true that's pretty disheartening to hear, as i have purchased the game on desura. Hopefully we can at least get a stand alone version upon release like with the current build.
Sax3 May 2, 2013 @ 5:09am 
All the games i purchased on desura which somehow landed on steam offered a steam key later, if this isn't the case anymore, i'll just stop supporting them.
LadyAijou May 2, 2013 @ 6:00am 
You do NOT have to repurchase!!! People that pre-ordered get a Steam key!
LadyAijou May 2, 2013 @ 6:00am 
Originally posted by sG | Duex:

Please do not spread false information. We are giving Steam keys to all of our pre-order customers.
LadyAijou May 2, 2013 @ 6:01am 
Originally posted by 4two:
If true that's pretty disheartening to hear, as i have purchased the game on desura. Hopefully we can at least get a stand alone version upon release like with the current build.

You most certainly do get a Steam key when those become available, please don't worry about it! You will be getting all of the content updates to come, up to launch version and beyond.
Saint Wonderful May 2, 2013 @ 6:29am 
Originally posted by LadyAijou:
Originally posted by sG | Duex:

Please do not spread false information. We are giving Steam keys to all of our pre-order customers.

Awesome! Really appreciate it guys!
SmoothOpX May 2, 2013 @ 9:23am 
Great to hear!!! Can't wait to have it on Steam!
4two May 4, 2013 @ 11:09pm 
Awesome news, I'm new to Desura so thanks for the info!
Last edited by 4two; May 4, 2013 @ 11:09pm
stevechepp May 11, 2013 @ 4:32am 
There have been a couple of games that if purchased on other platforms (desura, gog, gamersgate, etc...), that once greenlit, were not given steam keys. It is always important to remember that it is completely the developers decision whether to honor purchases on other platforms. However, as a rule of thumb, it is always a good idea to attempt to contact the dev directly to see if this is the case or not and not just post your assumptions on public forums.
NeonDragoon May 15, 2013 @ 10:10am 
so all pre-order's on Desura will get a steam key for the game to? cool, thank you to the dev 's team at handyman Studio's for there kindness to there pre-order supporters :)
Captain Hairgel Jun 3, 2013 @ 10:40am 
Originally posted by LadyAijou:
Originally posted by 4two:

You most certainly do get a Steam key when those become available, please don't worry about it! You will be getting all of the content updates to come, up to launch version and beyond.

Luv u guys ^^
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50