This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Melody's Escape
ElinButt&PuffyVulva Jan 12 @ 4:01am
Indie Dev supershow reaction
So, regrettably I missed the live stream, but was able to watch the recording.

The thing I was most excited to hear about is that Epsi wants to use the steam workshop for this game and that we can make our own Melody skins. I applaud Epsi for seeing the value in using this feature.

Unfortunately, I have no artistic skills at all either, but I am hoping some nice, talented artist will make a pigtails hairstyle for melody and also as commented by robotloveskitty I hope some makes a nude skin for melody as well even if it can't be directly on the workshop. ;-; (Although I don't see why not since there are a few games on steam that have official nudity in them) Of course this is for for the purpose of "art" and visual style!

As for Epsi's request for the wall break animation, I personally am fine with it the way it is, but if you really want a suggestion, the thing I thought might be cool, is if you made it more a kick AND punch combination, would give more of an energetic feel maybe.

Also, kind of randomly, any chance to get a roll animation for some kind of obstacle?

Oh, and one real question for Epsi, for the Steam workshop can early access games use steam workshop, or it it only available when a game is officially released?
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Loïc  [developer] Jan 12 @ 9:00am 
The wall break animation isn't gonna change, the issue is that there is no "held" version of that obstacle for long held voices (instead it defaults to another type).

Workshop integration isn't guaranteed yet, and I can't answer your question, I don't have any details about it yet.
ElinButt&PuffyVulva Jan 12 @ 9:24am 
Originally posted by Epsi:
the issue is that there is no "held" version

Oh, I understand what you mean now. Hmm, in that case, how about just make an extended block wall that Melody kicks through with those particle effects coming off the back line of her body. Although, if it is for the "held" version, I think you would have to slightly change the animation for the held version (keep the non-held version as it but add a slightly different new version for the held version). I think it might look weird if she is kicking through an extended wall with such a low kick. Her kick would need to be a bit higher, like a flying kick. What I kind of picture is a simple animation like in this C64 karate game, make it like the white uniform player's flying kick move: http://youtu.be/6BOXR008V2I?t=15s

Originally posted by Epsi:
Workshop integration isn't guaranteed yet, and I can't answer your question, I don't have any details about it yet.
Ok, well, understandable. I am still glad you are at least thinking about it as I think it would be great for this game since you already have built in customization, and I hope you are able to do it in the future.

Keep up the good work!

I'm pretty sure I will be day-1 buying this the moment it comes on early access, which is pretty rare for me to do. Can't wait.
Lilly Jan 12 @ 12:48pm 
In my opinion, I think the nudity thing, its more to do with younger audiances, ages ranging from 10-17, use steam on their family computers and more of a safety net kinda thing so no one gets into trouble. If someone does make a nudity mod, try the Nexus for that, as they now allow any and all game mods on there.
Last edited by Lilly; Jan 12 @ 12:49pm
Chaos Jan 15 @ 12:40pm 
The kicking animation and walls could just be repeated for held notes, holding a jump and continually kicking out walls. But that might look lazy...
Last edited by Chaos; Jan 15 @ 12:41pm
Supreme Mooselord® Jan 15 @ 10:28pm 
For walls, she could either do some kind of shoulder charge thing, or repeatedly punch and kick at it, something that really pops.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50