This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

The Intruder
Der Sonne Oct 26, 2012 @ 4:13pm
(Hopefully) Ending Statement on "Faceless rip-off" Claim
People claim that is game is much like Faceless, and a copied ida at that. However, The Intruder has some discreet differences:
-The Intruder builds up to an encounter that will happen at a time far after the game begins, as opposed to Faceless' startegy: Trying to avoid the enocunter, which will come soon.
-The Intruder puts you in the place of yourself; Faceless does not.
-The Intruder has a system that allows you to get ready for the encounter, while in Slender, you have what you have
-The Intruder had a memory system, based on the game's backstory of you losing your memory.
-The antagonist in The Intruder is not Slenderman.

Frankly, I think both are great games, and I look forward to their release on Steam!
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Kiostuv Oct 27, 2012 @ 1:54pm 
"-The Intruder puts you in the place of yourself; Faceless does not." Wat
Dr. Pepper - The Weapon Drinker Oct 27, 2012 @ 6:51pm 
in the video, you tell me that is not slenderman at all? with a white face and a black suit?
Pvt. Leatherby [502nd PIR] [2-2] Oct 28, 2012 @ 3:20pm 
The creator himself has commented on a forum he will change the design.

The Intruder has been in development since 2010.

There is no argument to be had about the monster, so there must be other reasons, no?
Shmittz Oct 28, 2012 @ 3:45pm 
Are you saying that you dont play as yourself in faceless? What the hell?
NaxoLobo Nov 7, 2012 @ 6:11am 
Originally posted by RainbowDash:
He means that in faceless you have an objective, collect all the pages, toys... but in intruder its only survive, no objectives, and you choose what to do, when and why.
『Generic Tsundere』 Nov 14, 2012 @ 8:39pm 
Originally posted by IgnacioLobo:
Originally posted by RainbowDash:
He means that in faceless you have an objective, collect all the pages, toys... but in intruder its only survive, no objectives, and you choose what to do, when and why.
dont talk about something you dont know about
Tuiat Nov 18, 2012 @ 7:10am 
Originally posted by djmonkey:
in the video, you tell me that is not slenderman at all? with a white face and a black suit?
That looks nothing like Slenderman. Nothing.
Pvt. Leatherby [502nd PIR] [2-2] Nov 18, 2012 @ 12:49pm 
No tenticles.
Tactical Bacon Nov 19, 2012 @ 5:07pm 
In the trailer, when it cuts to Intruder, it is BLURRY. And what if this D**kwad can shapeshift? He only vaugely looks like Slenderman. End of story. BTW I would like to see multiplayer capabilities with 3 people at most. Possibly animals you can hunt.
Last edited by Tactical Bacon; Nov 19, 2012 @ 5:21pm
TheScaredTaco Nov 21, 2012 @ 2:26am 
he seemed like a man in a hooded sweatshirt similar to Masky (marble hornets anyone?),so i wouldin`t go into the whole "IS SLANDA!" and to be honest i hope its some type of person and not a creature,because that justs seems a little more realistic because there are people who would do stuff like that,stalking and such.

all and all this is going to be a good game (so i think)and i wouldin`t worry about "IZ A COPY LOL F@G00T!" because they are everywhere.one dude called minecraft a CoD copy.
Ghosty Nov 24, 2012 @ 9:39am 
Myself being a big fan of Faceless, I love this idea and don't think it is a rip off at all. But the people who troll Faceless are probably trolling this game as well.

Originally posted by Tuiat:
Originally posted by djmonkey:
That looks nothing like Slenderman. Nothing.
Not all Slender models are the same, but what matters is that the creature is implied to be Slender (tall, really long legs and arms, blank or white face, static playing, noise distortion). But, seeing as the creator is planning on changing the design, it doesn't really matter.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50