This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

The Intruder
Richard Dawkins Oct 21, 2012 @ 9:40am
Any Replayability?
I am very excited to play this game when it comes out, but first I have to ask this question: Is it replayable? For example, Could I perform the same strategy every time and 'win' the game (if winning is even possible :P)? Would I start in the kitchen every time, or would it vary? Will the location of the pistol and bullets change? I hope that it is all sort of 'random'. Will it be?
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
.iG BlinX Oct 21, 2012 @ 3:00pm 
"Intruder Placement System: A system that decides when and where the Intruder shows up"
This sounds like The Intruder will have a random location system, the game could even make him spawn right behind you... (Muhahahaha...) Things will most likely vary on locations in your house, one thing im predicting is loose floorboard/brick walls etc. Will help you find and regain your memory. Or they could just be some jumpscares inside of it.

Finale Event: Found items are ""Randomly"" hidden in your house, and you have to look for them before the Intruder gets to you.
Does the randomely thing interest you? :)
My guess is this will be a HIGHELY replayable game, you could have different houses, where all the buildings are located will most likely be located (a.k.a your everyday map seed)
Point being; Yes, this will most likely be replayable.

Hope I helped you!!! =D
Richard Dawkins Oct 21, 2012 @ 3:03pm 
Thanks, man. Yay! I love random games. I was just worried that you could do the same exact thing over and over again to win, and that would be boring. Definately buying this, though!
Katarina Wannabe Nov 19, 2012 @ 5:18pm 
He might be thinking about getting it on the Workshop or something, so we might get mods for houses, weapons, locations. Hell, I'm getting exited. :3
Last edited by Katarina Wannabe; Nov 19, 2012 @ 5:19pm
4cqker Nov 29, 2012 @ 8:09pm 
workshop sounds so bloody awesome. i'm gonna just start churning out the models if it's supported.
Combustible Meat Head Jan 7, 2013 @ 10:18pm 
He mentioned mod support at launch in an interview, so I think that even if you got bored with the core game from the gate (and from the sound of it so far, with its emphasis on experimentation, that doesn't seem likely), there'll be plenty of a community to keep things fresh. This developer should consider going into hiding; he's going to drown in all the money I will throw at him for this game.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50