This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

The Intruder
Smoothice Jan 12, 2013 @ 9:37pm
Hints that The Intruder is coming...
No, I dont mean the game's release, I mean in-game instead of giving you a time limit before the intruder arrives or just not telling you at all, OR it happens after a specific number of dates, it should combine horror elements with the intruder's arrival.
I know this is sounding confusing, so let me give an example.
Let's say its day 2, and in the specific game your in the intruder arrives on day 6. On day 2, you could be walking in that parking complex, and since it should be quiet, you'd hear your own footsteps. When you stop walking, you'd hear continuous footsteps. Then you turn around, you don't see anyone, but you can hear footsteps running in the opposite direction of you. That would be a hint he's coming soon.
Each day the hint would become progresivelly bigger, and on day 5 the game should give you the final hint, which would be seeing the intruder for 1-3 seconds outside your window or in the distance, see him running toward you, but once you look away then look back, he's gone.
Progressive eerieness to show that he's coming soon instead of just horror elements that make no sense like a door opening by itself, what do you guys think?
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
BrokenNova54 Jan 17, 2013 @ 3:32pm 
Good ideas, I always wanted him to add these:
-If the Intruder was behind you but you had no idea, you would hear soft, little girl's crying.
-On the day the Intruder showed up, you would hear a window or door slam shut that you didn't open before.
-That erie feeling you get when you hear footsteps on a creaky wooden floor.
Tenderness Mar 20, 2013 @ 8:51am 
I think the idea of progressive eeriness is very good. Maybe you could add some kind of decreasing raduis around the house that makes it possible even more with ongoing time to run into the intruder. So that on day one of six you can visit the outskirts which becomes more dangerous on the following days and is not possible or very dangerous on one of the, say last three days. You get what i mean ;)
coco love Mar 22, 2013 @ 6:17pm 
Also you should be forced to investigate whether he is in your premise or the enviorment is making a disturbance.
Tactical Bacon Apr 4, 2013 @ 7:35pm 
You sir, are a ♥♥♥♥ing genius.
umdum9 Oct 5, 2013 @ 6:31pm 
Originally posted by bfezza:
Also you should be forced to investigate whether he is in your premise or the enviorment is making a disturbance.
this is getting to scary to enjoy... even for me O_O
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50