This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Castaway Paradise
Stolen Couch Games  [developer] Nov 16, 2012 @ 10:59am
Ask your questions! We will answer.
In this thread we will answer all your questions related to Castaway Paradise. Ask away!
Showing 1-15 of 61 comments
< >
のヮの Nov 21, 2012 @ 3:32am 
Will we be able to make our own furniture?
Stolen Couch Games  [developer] Nov 21, 2012 @ 4:45am 
Originally posted by rface:
Will we be able to make our own furniture?
No, but you will be able to get exclusive furniture from traveling merchants who visit the island only on specific times and dates.
AnonymousX Nov 25, 2012 @ 1:41am 
1. Will there be in-game calendar and special events scheduled like in Harvest Moon? Like new year party, tomato throwing and those kind of festivals in the town where you can participate and win the prize?

2. Can you gather your plants and buy other needed ingrediants from shop to cook your own food like in Harvest Moon?

3. I heard that the game is now turned into Free-to-Play, so can you still earn everything from in-game and not pay? Or is paid content only cosmetic? If not, I hope they're just some money boost or skill boost or something like that and not the whole exclusive gathering tools or exclusive ingrediant or stuff like that.
Last edited by AnonymousX; Nov 25, 2012 @ 6:39am
Stolen Couch Games  [developer] Nov 25, 2012 @ 2:39am 
1) Yes. There will be multiple events per week. And often there will be seasonal events which last for a few days.

2) There will be a simplistic cooking component. For example: Get 5 large tomatoes and 5 water and you get tomato soup.

3) You can do everything in the game without paying a dime. However if you pay just a little bit you get exclusive items, useful and decorative. Our guess is that if you want to pay, you will likely still pay less than you would have if the game was been a premium game.
AnonymousX Nov 25, 2012 @ 7:53am 
Thanks for the answer, I think, for the paid stuff I will have to wait and see what's in there first, if they're useful and not expensive then I will definitely pay!

Now I'm really interested because of the first answer! I like events! They make the game worth playing and prevent it from becoming boring after some time.

And this might be the first game on PC that's the most similar to Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing! You know people always wanted those games to be released on PC (Including me)
Last edited by AnonymousX; Nov 25, 2012 @ 7:53am
Stolen Couch Games  [developer] Nov 25, 2012 @ 10:46am 
I'm glad you're interested in the game. We too feel that there is a huge void to fill with our game. By making the game free to play we will support the game for months, maybe even years after the release. Adding new content each few weeks. This is something we couldn't do if it was premium. So expect the game to get better each month after the release :)
Kiros Dec 3, 2012 @ 1:04pm 
is it co-op?
Stolen Couch Games  [developer] Dec 4, 2012 @ 4:25am 
Originally posted by Kiros:
is it co-op?
In the future you will be able to visit each others island and play together.
Muirgen Dec 6, 2012 @ 11:40pm 
Can you chose your gender? I saw different hair styles, but it looked like the character was always male, or can you be a chick?
Stolen Couch Games  [developer] Dec 7, 2012 @ 12:28am 
Originally posted by Muirgen:
Can you chose your gender? I saw different hair styles, but it looked like the character was always male, or can you be a chick?
YES! You can be a female as well. Males and females have unique hair styles and clothing.
Circle Nine Dec 10, 2012 @ 8:20am 
Would you ever do anything like a DLC season pass to just get (or rather pay for) the full micropayment stuff upfront, essentially just paying for the game rather than making it a free to play game?
Stolen Couch Games  [developer] Dec 10, 2012 @ 8:30am 
Originally posted by -⑨- Christmas in Touhou Town:
Would you ever do anything like a DLC season pass to just get (or rather pay for) the full micropayment stuff upfront, essentially just paying for the game rather than making it a free to play game?
We are planning a subscription. If you subscribe you get free currency each time you play and you get exclusive items.
JoKeR Dec 10, 2012 @ 12:03pm 
Is there enough gameplay to play on a continuous level? Too many games lately have made a cut where you end up logging off to wait for crops to finish for instance. Will players be able to play as long as they want without restriction? (such as energy)
Stolen Couch Games  [developer] Dec 10, 2012 @ 12:54pm 
Originally posted by JoKeR:
Is there enough gameplay to play on a continuous level? Too many games lately have made a cut where you end up logging off to wait for crops to finish for instance. Will players be able to play as long as they want without restriction? (such as energy)
We are following this tradition, however each piece of equipment has its own energy. This means that when your wateringcan is out of water you can just continue with your fishing rod etc. The game never becomes unplayable.
Circle Nine Jan 19, 2013 @ 4:55pm 
Originally posted by Stolen Couch Games:
We are planning a subscription. If you subscribe you get free currency each time you play and you get exclusive items.

Oh, well that's disappointing.
Showing 1-15 of 61 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50