This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Castaway Paradise
Sir McCormick Nov 6, 2012 @ 5:42am
How much inspiration did this game take from The Sims?
Because I'm always looking for a good alternative to the popular life simulator.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Stolen Couch Games  [developer] Nov 16, 2012 @ 10:58am 
Not so much. It's influenced by, but we don't share any features per se.
johndango Nov 29, 2012 @ 11:53pm 
Seems more Animal Crossing then Sims.
Stolen Couch Games  [developer] Nov 30, 2012 @ 2:32am 
Castaway Paradise has a lot more customization options than Animal Crossing. You can place fences, trees, flowers, chairs, tiki statues, wells, anything in the game world. You can truly make your island unique. Besides this you can decorate your own house.
lol Dec 15, 2012 @ 10:59am 
I'm really interested, although I know it's a bit late to reply to this. I liked sims, but loved Animal crossing and absolutely loved harvest moon. This and stardew value are on my must buy list. Is there any way to buy/preorder this now, perhaps on your own website? is there a beta of some sort?
Stolen Couch Games  [developer] Dec 19, 2012 @ 2:37am 
Originally posted by <{GoD}> .rarshack:
I'm really interested, although I know it's a bit late to reply to this. I liked sims, but loved Animal crossing and absolutely loved harvest moon. This and stardew value are on my must buy list. Is there any way to buy/preorder this now, perhaps on your own website? is there a beta of some sort?
We don't have a pre-order option since this game will be free. You'll have to wait until the release. Sorry :)
Sir McCormick Dec 30, 2012 @ 6:49pm 
Originally posted by Stolen Couch Games:
Not so much. It's influenced by, but we don't share any features per se.

I am kind of sorry to hear this since I've been looking for a game that is a good alternative to The Sims since EA seems to have a monopoly over this kind of game. I figured that independent developers would at least have something similar to the original Sims game yet all I found was just Kudeos.
NurseBooty Dec 9, 2013 @ 6:09pm 
will it be free to play?
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50