This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Enola
magnolia__fan  [developer] Sep 22, 2012 @ 10:16am
Questions about Enola? Post here :)
Hello all, since Greenlight now supports discussions, I've decided to open a thread where you can ask questions. If a question is asked many times, I'll add it to the list here so everyone can see it.

1. Get a *dx*.dll device error? Install DX9. You can use the included redist in Enola\Binaries\Redist\UE3Redist.exe

2. Get a xinput*.dll error? Install DirectX 9 (even if your system includes DirectX 10 or 11). You can use the included redist in Enola\Binaries\Redist\UE3Redist.exe

3. Get a msvcr100.dll error? Install Visual C++ 2008 redist (x86 version, even if you have a x64 system). You can use the included redist in Enola\Binaries\Redist\vcredist_x86 .exe

4. How do I change the resolution? Open the console and use the command "setres WIDTHxHEIGHTf" (the "f" is meant to make the game run in full screen). For example, "setres 1920x1080f"

5. How much game can we expect when it's finished (in gameplay hours)? I can't really say. Some people may figure out puzzles really quickly while others take more time. I do want to make sure there is enough game, and replay value, in Enola so I constantly rethink and redesign things in the game.

6. Can't you die in the game? You can die in Enola. There will be a good amount of death traps that can cause the player's death. We also said we didn't want "monsters" in the game but based on player's input and comments we've decided you will run into the killer every now and then, meaning there will be an entity after you as well.

7. What is 'Enola'? 'Enola' can be the word 'alone' backwards, and can also be a name :)

8. Will you make a Mac version? Since the game is being made with UDK a Mac version is feasible. I'm currently testing Mac builds but I'm unsure if I will release alpha builds for the Mac or if I will wait until the game is finished to work on it (mostly because I wouldn't like to break something when I release an update).

9. Will you make a Linux version? UDK does not support Linux, and right now I can't just switch an engine because that would mean going through the entire learning path again. Maybe I could find someone to work on a port, but only if that person can create the exact same experience on a different engine to a level where you can't see the difference.

Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Princemousey May 9 @ 12:15am 
Will there be steam achievements and trading cards?
magnolia__fan  [developer] May 15 @ 9:42am 
Hello. I plan to have steam achievements in the game. I am not sure about trading cards because I have never used them so I am not sure how they work exactly. I'll have to look into that.
havenair Jul 22 @ 9:36am 
When can we expect the Steam release?
magnolia__fan  [developer] Jul 24 @ 6:31pm 
Hello! The game will be out at some point this September :D
I will share the details really soon, maybe in a couple of weeks :)
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50