ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Survival Evolved

Dino Tracker
Won't work for me
I´m not getting a crash, but on the flipside I´m getting nothing.

On single player: The tracker will equip in my hand, and when I click (left or right) the usage animation and sound will play as normal, but the interface doesn't show, nothing happens. I can continue playing normally, but the tracker is useless.

On dedicated server (running on a paid service provider, which I admin): generally the same as above, but if I spam click the tracker sometimes it does work (totally random as far as I can tell). It is so hard to make it work that no players are even trying anymore.

If there are any tests you want me to try or logs that can be useful, let me know.

Other mods used: S+ and Steampunk, and a smattering of smaller ones (I can send the list if that helps, lemme know)

What I did try: reinstalling the mod many times (including deleting the dowloaded files in steam's workshop folder and re-subscribing).
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Knevilo  [developer] Oct 2 @ 2:38am 
do you use a dedicated linux server? i think i have to make some tests with other mods to figure it out.
I am having the same problem in single player (currently playing on The Island). I hear the beeps when I activate it, but the Dino Tracker's screen remains blank. FYI: I've been using the Dino Tracker for a couple of months without problems, until recently.
Last edited by Scott_hn; Oct 2 @ 10:41am
Skotao Oct 2 @ 11:51am 
We have clustered server running The Center map and Ragnarok map, Dino tracker works fine on the center, but only beeps on Ragnarok.
Originally posted by Knevilo:
do you use a dedicated linux server? i think i have to make some tests with other mods to figure it out.

At home I´m running Single Player on windows.

My servers are paid and are running on Host Havoc. I interface with them through web inteface and ftp, which is not exactly OS transparent, but I have reason to believe they are running Windows boxes (I get a "215 Windows_NT" line during the ftp log in process).

Edit: to try to give you as much info as possible. Single Player map is TheVolcano. On the clustered server we have The Center, The Island and Ragnarok. The problem affects all four options.
Last edited by Darkblood (18BR); Oct 2 @ 2:13pm
GhOsTy Oct 3 @ 11:46am 
i have the sae problem on my mutliplayer server it does the sound but the UI is not opening
Some people in another thread (know bugs) are pointing out that the Dino Tracker starts working again if you die. I confirm that.

Apparently after you die, it will work until the time you restart your server (I didn't test this last part, I just died and it is working now, I'll see if it breaks again on restart).

The dev knows this and said he's on to it.
Knevilo  [developer] Oct 4 @ 2:45am 
im reinstalling my devkit atm and will look into a fix later
Discovered I had the same problem when starting up my single player on Ragnarok, today (Windows). I get the sound/animation, but nothing happens after that. Temporary workaround that worked for me was fast travel.
Oct 6 2017 Just to report. Trying to kill yourself to get this to work no longer seems to be working. Thanks for the work you do this is an awesome mod.
Originally posted by Traffalger:
Oct 6 2017 Just to report. Trying to kill yourself to get this to work no longer seems to be working. Thanks for the work you do this is an awesome mod.
Same here on our dedicated windows server. With all of our players
Mod broken after update. Fast travel or death no longer a workaround. Love the mod!
Another workround that *SOMETIMES* works: just spam the left click to your heart's content, and then wait a bit, the "cellphone" UI will come up now and then.

Not reliable, but if your really desperate to find that lost tame...
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 15 30 50