This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Forge
DarkValeGames  [developer] Sep 18, 2012 @ 11:42pm
Have a question and you're not yet part of our Playing Forge group? Ask it here!
We'll do our best to answer all questions asked.
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
Okaaaan Sep 19, 2012 @ 10:09am 
you would try to give me the game?
DarkValeGames  [developer] Sep 19, 2012 @ 10:11am 
You're able to play for free now just by registering at http://www.playforgewar.com/forums/index.php?app=core&#038;module=global&#038;section=register .

Then go to your account page at http://account.playforgewar.com then download and install the pre-requisites and installer and you're all set!
LazarusLongNL Sep 20, 2012 @ 2:46am 
I am a fan of these kinds of MMO (combat trumps gearscore) but i have a question. Alot of MMO's are popping up and a simple question shines light on the future of any title;

How will this game monitize itself in the future?

I.e. sub based, free2play(paytowin?!) etc etc.
If the game doesn't depend on the usual grind, how then will players "stay" and create a stable eco for you guys to continue supporting the game?

Best of luck to you guys and hopefully see you soon.
DarkValeGames  [developer] Sep 20, 2012 @ 11:19am 
The plan at this time is at launch, the game will have a Indie priced purchase cost, but no subscription or other microtransactions to continue playing. We will release updated content as time goes on, some of it for free, some of it paid.

While we have no grind (for us that translates to time required to reach the peak power), we do have progression that is horizontal instead. Ability options rather than more powerful abilities, aesthetic changes, and other rewards based on level gained.
Timeraider Sep 21, 2012 @ 6:04am 
I like the way you guys work. Even though atm the game isnt running really smooth yet, I hope you succeed (especially since i have an ultimate pack and would love to see new classes appear XD). Yust make sure to listen to the non-whining part of the community and you will be fine (something Fury didnt do.. great potential concept they flushed down the drain thanks to unnessecary and weird descisions) :D.
UpperCoffee Sep 23, 2012 @ 11:49pm 
Will you be able to buy a digital copy of this game? Cause I don't think the game can be delivered to my place :P
DarkValeGames  [developer] Sep 23, 2012 @ 11:51pm 
Yes, in fact it's the only way you'll be able to buy the game so far as plans stand currently. Pre-order pricing at the moment is $15 (intended launch price of $20) from us directly at http://www.playforgewar.com. Alpha is free currently, pre-order comes with Beta invite when the closed Beta launches.
[SR] Ivan Sep 27, 2012 @ 4:45pm 
If I preorder the game from official site will I get a steam key when the game gets greenlit?
DarkValeGames  [developer] Sep 27, 2012 @ 4:53pm 
In so much as we can control it absolutely (Valve would need to agree). I don't see why we would be an exception to their general practice of allowing it, but don't want to promise for them in advance.
[RI] Woods Oct 12, 2012 @ 1:50pm 
Is it possible that y'all are willing to add more classes or spells? I love the game, but it's already getting a tad stale without too many options.
DarkValeGames  [developer] Oct 12, 2012 @ 1:57pm 
http://www.playforgewar.com/front-page/progression-in-forge/ This should help that feeling quite a bit :)
Huuashi Oct 12, 2012 @ 11:08pm 
Well i dont have a questions sence you answered it above id just like to say i hope you guys the best on your game and will be buying it when it's on steam, hopefully sooner if i can find the money to spare
SOuL sTeALler Oct 13, 2012 @ 3:11pm 
Originally posted by GWAmerlin:
you would try to give me the game?
_us Oct 13, 2012 @ 3:33pm 
Hi Dark Vale!

I'm really liking Forge (or what I've seen of it) and would gladly support you guys by pre-ordering it. I've only got one problem and that is that I would also like to try it out (obviously) and help you with testing the beta.
The thing is that I'm quite short on spare time these comming two weeks and as such I've been afraid to register an account, since I wouldn't want to waste my 14 days of beta access! ;)

My question is then: If I pre-order the game, will that give me permanent access to the beta, or will I still only get the 14 days access from registering?

I wish you the best of luck with development and getting Forge greenlit. I'm totally gonna tell my friends and then we'll all see you in-game!
Last edited by _us; Oct 14, 2012 @ 3:08am
Splashyy!! Oct 14, 2012 @ 2:20pm 
is the pre order price still 15 dollars
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50