Natural Selection 2

Natural Selection 2

Ghouls Balance Mod
Ghoul  [developer] Mar 7, 2017 @ 6:30am
Leave Feedback here!
Please leave feedback about the mod in this forum.

Please specify which changes you like and dislike. Also please tell us why you like/dislike certain changes.

Futhermore please note when and on what server you played the mod last so we are able to get the stats/summary for given rounds.

< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
V-A-W-P Mar 10, 2017 @ 12:28pm 
I think its a great mod but i really think that silence has been made kind of useless, since it doesn't affect attack sounds. You can use celerity and sneak, wich is almost as fast and gives you the option to go faster if needed.
I understand that completely silent attack sounds are annoying since one skulk can kill 3 marines if they are not paying attention. Still i'd have an effect for the attack sounds.
I would rather have it so that attack sounds would be 70% or 50% as loud on 3 veils so not completely silent but so that it would have an effect.
Anyways keep up the great work.
Ghoul  [developer] Mar 11, 2017 @ 9:48am 
Originally posted by V-A-W-P:
I think its a great mod but i really think that silence has been made kind of useless, since it doesn't affect attack sounds. You can use celerity and sneak, wich is almost as fast and gives you the option to go faster if needed.
I understand that completely silent attack sounds are annoying since one skulk can kill 3 marines if they are not paying attention. Still i'd have an effect for the attack sounds.
I would rather have it so that attack sounds would be 70% or 50% as loud on 3 veils so not completely silent but so that it would have an effect.
Anyways keep up the great work.

That silence doesn't affect attack sounds is mostly a fix for the not working marine flinch effects. If i could figure out why those don't work we wouldn't need to adjust silence.

Furthermore we tried reduced volumes instead for both movement and attack sounds in the first iterations of this mod. But that didn't work out because players perceive the volume of sounds very differently. So for some the sounds were still too quiet or too loud.
Last edited by Ghoul; Mar 11, 2017 @ 9:55am
Ghoul  [developer] Mar 23, 2017 @ 5:44am 
Contamination is basically a game ending/nuke ability and only in the game to avoid marine turtles. Having it available before aliens very likely have won the round is a basic "no go" as it would easily turn any round towards the aliens side (at higher skill it is often also used to take down pgs, arcs and exos which would allow commanders to deny/delay most marine pushes).

Stab is in a way not really usefull due to fades highly depend on being able to dodge incoming fire and hence the tradeoff of higher damage for being a easy target for a short while is not really feasible. Making it avalaible at a lower biomass level wouldn't really change anything in that regard.

The MG damagetype was changed together with the base damage. It stil deals 12 dmg to lifeforms without any weapon upgrade. The issue may lie in the MG being cheaper. And the MG was designed to somewhat soft counter Oni where shotguns are less usefull.

While the Shotgun research time was increased by 30 secs the Fade initial timing was also increased by avg. 30 secs as well. The costs have been increased to 25 with keeping higher skilled teams in mind where marines are very unlikely to loose a shotgun due to teammates recycling them. So the increase by 5 pres has been made to increase the impact of aliens being able to whipe marine weapons significantly.

I will think and pass on the feeback about boneshield and adv. meta so thanks for that.
Last edited by Ghoul; Mar 23, 2017 @ 5:52am
Flugi Jul 10, 2017 @ 12:27pm 
Shade Hive seems a bit too strong now that silence and cloak are in one upgrade again, since drifter support is also really stong now with Shade Hive. I lost a few games today in early game because aliens were silent, cloaked and had loads of hallucinations.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50