Starbound

Starbound

Weapon Fusion Station
Is This Balanced?
How do you guys using this mod feel it does at being balanced? Does it make the game too much easier? Perhaps there should be a cost or some other drawback to the process?
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
DarkNekku  [developer] Aug 16, 2016 @ 3:29pm 
if you don't mind my opinion, I think that it is balanced, because:
- No matter which options you use, the infused weapon will be basically the same as the stronger weapons you had inputted, it might just have a different look or elemental or special, but you had that already, just in a different weapon.
- you are losing the options that you didnt pick, including a second weapon itself (all of those wont return)

but i might be biased, i did make the mod so :p
but yea, more opinions on the matter would be great
UdderlyEvelyn Aug 16, 2016 @ 3:36pm 
I didn't consider the second weapon loss as a cost, that's a good point.
OHKOBunny Aug 16, 2016 @ 9:40pm 
I don't think it's unbalanced at all, and here's why:

It doesn't make the weapon stronger. And even the chance of boosting it a tier doesn't really impact the DPS enough to make a difference, especially when considering the chance is slim and you have to sacrifice other weapons of the same type to do it. For the most part it's like taking parts of a weapon and altering them to your liking anyway. In that, it's preference. Like, there's not really one end-all special attack. Some people do really well with parry, others blink explosion and for me I like uppercut for the extra jump, so I didn't hesitate to jam that on the solus katana and apply the Volidium Sword's stats to it. Technically I'm still using the endgame craftable sword, only it looks like a katana and gives me an extra jump at the cost of it's spinny death move.
fuzytoad Aug 17, 2016 @ 2:34pm 
i find this completely balanced, your still getting rid of a weapon in the process of getting a better weapon, so no matter what u do, your still losing an item.
Jason_c_o Aug 25, 2016 @ 1:02pm 
Actually the fused weapon does sometimes come out a little stronger. I still find it a perfectly balanced option, and it's nice to have weapon crafting, even it it's simplified. Iike the thought of jury-rigging a weapon out of parts you've found.
Elevas Sunchild Aug 29, 2016 @ 1:01am 
I'm absolutely fine with it. You very, very rarely get a T(X) weapon without having a T(X) weapon already. Every T10 weapon I own that I customised through this mod came at the cost of a T10 weapon... I do wish I could combine disparate weapon types (eg. put a dagger's element on a shortsword), but that's it. I do need to figure out exactly how the hell I got my T11 weapons through this.

Honestly, nothing but love for this mod... The ability to rename the weapons is a beautiful final touch. Being able to put my signature on my creations is wonderful.
UdderlyEvelyn Aug 29, 2016 @ 4:00pm 
@Elevas Sunchild: there's a small chance of it going up a tier when you combine using the mod, says so in the description.
DarkNekku  [developer] Aug 31, 2016 @ 7:29am 
thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it :)
Btx256 Sep 15, 2016 @ 2:52pm 
Lunarbase lvl 11 weapons + this = Freakin gud
Dark Nov 2, 2016 @ 8:21am 
Mixed A staff Using this mod's fusion station: A crafted Avian Ferozium staff's visual combined to all of another staff's properties and this came out.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=792103166
please note it's level 6.
Using only this and also a complete Durasteel armor, I caused:
  • 486 damage output per orb, with like 3 orbs spawning per second, which sums up 1458 damage per second + freeze effect, one-hit-killing almost everything that can be hurt.

• every boss fight in the game to end in seconds, including the very last one in ~20 seconds.

• me using this staff to become a godlike killing machine... for having a ferozium staff and mixing it with another one that is using elemental portals as a primary ability.

This strength of this staff is breaking the vanilla storyline's difficulty right away, so it's getting pretty easy once you get to ferozium.

Now imagine it being level 10, it would simply "skip" every Bossfight you could imagine.

Now I ask you: Is this balanced?
Last edited by Dark; Mar 30, 2019 @ 6:10am
Jotaro Kujo Mar 29, 2019 @ 9:17pm 
For the most part this mod is balanced but its got its kinks that can make op weapons.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50