The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Open Cities Skyrim
wheatorulesok2007 Jun 29, 2014 @ 1:14am
Question about a potential problem.
I have a question about this mod. If I leave the gates to a city open, will the NPCs inside the city wonder out of the gate under any circumstance?
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Sasaki Haise Jul 11, 2014 @ 7:04pm 
They close automaticly i believe, hasn't happend to me.
 [developer] Jul 14, 2014 @ 2:02pm 
The NPCs can leave the city regardless. It's just a gate. Vanilla NPCs don't have AI to travel to other cities like they did in Oblivion though so that generally won't be an issue.

If attacking Actors get drawn into the city though, like dragging a bear or something in with you, the NPCs can flee outside if the game wants them to, but they will return to their normal locations once the threat has been eliminated.

In the same manner, guards normally inside the city can come out the gates to assist you in driving off such a threat - which is part of what makes this mod so cool.
Rain Moorlord Jul 14, 2014 @ 5:43pm 
Got over excited to try this mode alot of people recomended and i didnt read the "do NOT be in the city when you first use this mod." Have alot of Enhanced cities mods and then i walk into a city those mods werent working. I removed the Open city mod but now even when i make a new character the open city mod is still working and i want my old moded whiterun back. Any ideas how to fix this?
Last edited by Rain Moorlord; Jul 14, 2014 @ 5:44pm
 [developer] Jul 14, 2014 @ 5:55pm 
Those mods would require someone to make a compatibility patch for them.

As far as uninstalling, the readme is rather specific about not doing that. Skyrim does not handle that process properly at all.
 [developer] Aug 11, 2014 @ 8:36pm 
Then it's a PEBKAC bug, because the readme is explicitly clear about what will happen if you do that.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 15 30 50